Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been avoiding asking for days and can not figure it out. What does dbm mean here? Seems like Don't Bother Me is the most common meaning, but doesn't make sense.
deleted by me - used to go back to an earlier comment you want to edit or delete but you can't delete the whole thing

He literally blames the entire incident on her. “It’s not my fault I have dirty feet! It’s her fault she minds the dirt.”

She upset him because she was “being annoying”.
She distracted him from driving.
She has OCD.
She has anxiety.
She causes the arguments.
She also blamed herself, which is typical for victims of abuse. IMO

NG has good

questions about BL. We Do not know for sure exactly when he arrived in Florida and his comings and goings from the house. It was not under good surveillance. Would like to have a definitive schedule of when he arrived and when he left house

I'm surprised there aren't neighbors of the Laundries coming forward with footage from home surveillance cameras that can give an idea of Brian's comings and goings.

If you've never been in an abusive relationship, you wouldn't understand it. You would be amazed at what it can do to a person mentally/emotionally/physically. Then factor in the fact that the victim probably feels love for their abuser even though they're being hurt by that person. The victim likely hopes that the abuser will change, and become a better person one day. Oftentimes, the victim is also scared to leave the relationship because the abuser has threatened to kill them if they do, or threatened harm to one of their family members, etc. There are many facets to abusive relationships, and it sounds easy to "just leave," but most of the time, it isn't that easy.

They are usually financially controlling too, so no/ little access to money makes it hard to leave.

So the lawyer for the Brian Laundrie family will hold a presser from long island, ny tomorrow. I'm not sure why the lawyer picked that location since Brian's family lives in FL. And don't understand why the presser at this point since I'd guess most questions won't be answered.

Brian Laundrie's family will release statement on Tuesday
The family is originally from NY, I believe. There were reports that BL and GP were childhood sweethearts. Anyway, the attorney is in NY. So that's likely why he's holding it there.

Question:

If a person is considered missing and a person of interest (not fully a suspect) does their lawyer have to disclose their location to police?

Could BL have gone back to NY, hence why his lawyer is holding a presser from there tomorrow?
That's what I was wondering. Although if BL has never been named as an actual suspect, I suppose that the lawyer could say he's on vacation somewhere. He isnt breaking the law at this point to go anywhere he wants to, although that's remarkable to me.

Gabby Petito’s van door closes three days after she was last seen on video.

Enhanced camera footage of Gabby Petito’s van has surfaced online, supposedly shot after her last confirmed sighting. It appears to show the vehicle’s back door being closed as another automobile approaches.

Brent Shavnore, a former U.S. Marine turned cinematographer, discovered the movement on a video first posted to YouTube by Jenn and Kyle Bethune.
Gabby Petito's van door closes three days after she was last seen on video. | The Washington Newsday
That looks to me like a vertical element, specifically a tree crossing the frame as the photographer moves somewhat laterally (in their RV or camper). I think that is appearance of door opening and closing cased by presence of vertical tree.

Easy to say what you would do when it’s never happened to you. I used to say the same.
I agree, & don't want to derail the thread with my experiences but it's so important to stress how incremental DV is. It's works as slowly as water smoothing a rock. You end up completely unsure of every thought & feeling, & so when the physical things happen you are already primed to believe you caused it. Sometimes even accepting that feels strangely empowering in the moment, because you tell yourself that by accepting responsibility you can do "better" next time. It can, & does, happen to more people than we feel comfortable accepting IMO.

Nobody has suggested recognizing domestic violence is fundamentally simple. But with proper training, there are RED FLAGS that signal when intervention is necessary. It is essential that law enforcement be better trained in recognizing these red flags for their own safety as well as victim safety.

I think it is essential that parents also be trained to recognize the red flags so that they can intervene. Relationships don't start out as violent. Abusers can be incredibly charming not just to their victims but also to the victim's parents. Abusers gradually take control and it is incredibly difficult for a victim to extract themselves from a relationship when their primary support system is far away. Instead of sleeping in the van that night, the Moab police could have suggested GP go to the Moab domestic violence shelter where there would be trained counselors.

Know the Red Flags of Abuse

Seekhaven Family Crisis and Resource Center in Moab, UT

Actually, LE asked the DV org that provided BL with a hotel room if they could do the same for Gabby. The answer was no, because she was deemed the aggressor.

He definitely accused her of grabbing the steering wheel while he was speeding to make him stop for the cops. She looked puzzled when the cop asked her about that, and she said NO. I believe he was lying. In any case, it was her car and he was putting it and her in danger. He would not stop for the law, and if he had been in a city he could have lost his life for running from the law, at least charged with a felony. And somehow he blames Gabby for his reckless driving?

This is not self defense. You report self defense. You don't go on the run.
I’m afraid, if he’s not dead already, that he’s going to just claim they had a big fight, and he left her there, alive. Or she took off, and he looked for awhile but then gave up and left. Problem is, he could have easily said that if asked. Instead he’s hiding or killed himself. Not an excuse I know, but we’ll see what the autopsy says. Regardless, this looks very very bad for him.

This is my big interest right now. LE seems to have concluded that he's not in the swamp. He has not been at the house for quite a few days (perhaps many days).

I would like to know the answer to. your question as well. So far, there have been no formal charges filed against BL, I think LE will wait until after tomorrow's autopsy (which hopefully will conclude with a manner and cause of death). Then they'll file charges in Wyoming and BL will officially be on the lam.

His attorney cannot help him evade an arrest warrant, but I predict he'll claim not to know where Brian is.

Since the van was at the parents' house, I do believe they can be charged with obstruction of justice if they don't at the very least say when Brian arrived and when he left.

I do wonder if the federal warrant included the parents' electronics (possibly not - that may come in the future though). This is truly a bizarre case, with many twists and turns still to come.

Right now, all I feel is grief for Gabby. I don't know what the count is for DV survivors here on this thread (last I saw, there were 6, which would make me #7). When I was 22, I was still 14 years away from making my getaway.

If it is determined the attorney and/or parents helped him evade prior to arrest warrant because they knew what happened ... is that just an "oh well" kind of thing? That seems crazy to me. And if they reported him missing but also provided him with resources to become "missing" I wonder if there is any recourse for that. If that's what took place... I have no solid proof just conjecture. If he's running, somebody has to be providing resources. Can the attorney do that, legally?

If you've never been in an abusive relationship, you wouldn't understand it. You would be amazed at what it can do to a person mentally/emotionally/physically. Then factor in the fact that the victim probably feels love for their abuser even though they're being hurt by that person. The victim likely hopes that the abuser will change, and become a better person one day. Oftentimes, the victim is also scared to leave the relationship because the abuser has threatened to kill them if they do, or threatened harm to one of their family members, etc. There are many facets to abusive relationships, and it sounds easy to "just leave," but most of the time, it isn't that easy.

To this day, what happened with my ex still takes a toll on the way that I am with my husband. I'll be out running errands and I will feel like I have to text him my whereabouts or over explain myself - and he doesn't ask me questions or ask me for information. It's just the lasting effects of what my ex did to me that has me behaving like this sometimes. I couldn't even go get my nails done without him driving past the nail salon to make sure I was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks