Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three?
Do you mean…
— Gabby, who knew what she’d have to endure later if she told everything
— BL, the person likely abusing her
— The police officer who obviously favored BL’s story

jmo

No. The 3rd person was "Chris," an eyewitness at the Moon place. Who said she was the aggressor.

Christopher, 62, and Roberta Laundrie, 55, bought their 1,448-square-foot home in North Port for $120,000 in August, 2015, according to property records.

Two years later, they tried selling the modest three bedroom, two bath home at $215,000 with no luck.

Backgrid
The couple runs a business called “Juice Services Inc.” out of their home that specializes in the sale and repair of wheatgrass, orange and vegetable juicers, according to company records.
Gabby Petito disappearance: Who are Brian Laundrie's parents?

I think that's exactly what happened. In the Dr. Phil interview Gabby's dad clearly said Gabby didn't have OCD or any other mental diagnoses and was not on any medications. IMO BL was gaslighting her.
Dr. Phil Interview

BTW, what a papa bear Gabby's dad is. Both parents are amazing. My heart breaks for them. :(

Gabby called her mother but not her father during the Police incident. She felt comfortable calling mom, but her father said he only found out about the incident via the media.

My point is that each loving parent can have a very different kind of relationship with their child. It appears Gabby shared more with her mother, which is very common at that age. Gabby's dad is an amazing, dedicated, and protective father. He still may not have known everything going on with his daughter.

MOO.

IMO they either didn’t hear it beforehand or ignored it. And abusers have a sixth sense about what they need to say to cover their tracks. Plus, Gabby was obviously upset and crying and he remained pretty calm so, to them, I think he seemed more reliable.

But if we listen to everything he said and watch his actions it’s obvious. At least it was to me from the very beginning.

MOO

Its awful because abusers know how to cause their victims to become out of control due to insidious abuse and then they sit back, appearing totally calm, and acting like their victim is “crazy”.

According to the court filing approving the warrant, the court clerk said there was probable cause Petito was “unable to care for herself due to her increased anxiety,” which created exigent circumstances that would warrant the search. That finding was based on a “totality of the circumstances” that includes a 911 call response to Utah where Petito was seen on body camera footage describing herself as suffering from high anxiety and having difficulty managing the intensity emotions.

Petito’s cellphone had been turned off for about 15 days, with no confirmed sightings of her since Aug. 27, at the point the court authorized the warrant. It did so to assist in the finding of a “missing endangered subject,” the clerk wrote.
Hard Drive Found in Gabby Petito Van, New Last Text Details Emerge as Brian Laundrie Remains Missing - Times News Express

It's in the video. He even blamed her for hitting the curb and she admitted it. That's the serious problem with victims of gaslighting....they believe it is their fault whether it is or not. JMO

oh ok you were referring to the incident on video ... I thought you were speaking in a general way

Reactions: GRT
I think it was Brian driving the van back to FL. The chances otherwise seem slim to me.

Any idea when we might hear something about the autopsy tomorrow?? Same day or later?

If he did drive the van back to Florida, what was his rush? That’s a crazy hard drive to make in a little over two days, especially alone.

No. The 3rd person was "Chris," an eyewitness at the Moon place. Who said she was the aggressor.

It's hard to know how seriously to take "Chris" because according to the police report he was found after the police went back to see if there were any more eye witnesses. This Chris volunteered that he saw something, but he didn't call it in. It's in the first police officer's own words in the report that he went back and "found" this supposedly witness. Who knows if this Chris even saw anything or just said he did.
Why didn't they just trust what the 911 caller said instead?

I think it was ridiculous the police in Utah spent a whole hour with them for something so trivial as a couple witnessing them having an argument.

Maybe the police in Utah don't have enough to do, but in many other places, the police wouldn't even bother with such a minor thing.

A witness reported a couple arguing and fighting? Small fry.

And even when the police pulled the van over later on, HE was speeding and hitting a kerb, yet nothing was done about that. Not even mentioned by the police, who then spent a whole hour pretending to be social workers!

Just a quick 2 minute check on them would've been enough, then sent them on their way.

really wet in places.
(Search for him, which I'm far less interested in. Bias. I must be more careful)
https://twitter.com/NorthPortPolice/status/1439587408253755393?s=20

It's possible. This is at 50 miles ph. Plus you have a lot of adrenaline going on.
Time = distancespeed = 2300mi50mph
=2300/50 = 46 hours
= 46 hours
= 46:00:00 (hh:mm:ss)
Edit to add: plus adrenaline
By coolconversion.com

Much more helicopter footage: As one commenter states, there are multiple people missing in the area.

Going back to the stop in Moab, you have to wonder how those Rangers are feeling. Ofcourse they couldn't know, couldn't predict....

This is devastating....heartrending.
My heart goes out to her parents, step parents, her siblings, her bff Rose.

You are so correct - like I wrote as well the media should be doing a story on Summer not just news!!! Someone can always call and make an request - the parents for one thing need to get involved !
Someone mentioned a creek or small river - what if she fell and drowned ? Another possibility to discuss!
MOO!

Visual ID by tattoos make sense. But they're probably doing a more extensive ID process. JMO.

I couldn't make out a person in either of the seats in the front. Certainly not on the passenger side.

IMO they either didn’t hear it beforehand or ignored it. And abusers have a sixth sense about what they need to say to cover their tracks. Plus, Gabby was obviously upset and crying and he remained pretty calm so, to them, I think he seemed more reliable.

But if we listen to everything he said and watch his actions it’s obvious. At least it was to me from the very beginning.

MOO

Do you think it is possible that LE didn't even know. I mean the LE was actually pulling them over for speeding/hitting curb. I did not get any indication that there was knowledge before in that call. Plus....if it happened at the cafe wouldn't the LE respond to there.. UNLESS-- i am incorrect (and it's probable) that i am confusing a traffic stop day with another day?

I did not initially think this, but I’m starting to believe this will end up being pre-meditated murder. There is something about the timing of the trip back to Florida for six days for reasons yet unknown that makes me believe something is very wrong here, and that his parents have been totally complicit since the beginning. IMO

Sending my deepest condolences to GP's family, losing a loved one is so very difficult, especially in such a tragic way. Sending so much love and strength, know your beautiful daughter is surrounded by love and embraced by the angels in heaven, the rainbow seen on that day was most definitely a sign she sent to you, beautiful spirits often send us beautiful signs.

Hi everyone, I'm new to WS, though have followed many cases over the years, just have never posted. Apologies if this was already mentioned, but after reading threads and watching countless videos on this case, I noticed that there was a TikTok compilation video posted on YT that showed BL with the same type of flip flops that appear outside the van in the other video. Here's the link to the video and an image of BL wearing the flip flops, not saying they are not hers, but appears he has a pair too, so they could be his!? GABBY PETITO AND BRIAN'S TIKTOKS! - YouTube (2:25 in vid) IMO *Mods hope this is not against the rules...if so, sorry.

:)
Welcome! & thanks for tagging me in your post. I am not on TikTok so have probably missed some analysis. For sure, those could have been his shoes. I definitely just assumed they were hers, but I could be 100% wrong.

How well would he do in a foreign country though unless he had loads of cash?
True money goes farther in many countries, but he would need a lot. And once there, what would he do for a living?
Unless he speaks fluent Spanish he won't do well in Costa Rica. I've been there and they do not speak English at all. Maybe in the touristy areas, but he would avoid those. I'm thinking he could disappear anywhere in central America because of his looks, he would not stand out, but if he can only speak English he would stand out everywhere except Belize. Their national language is English. Do people in Cuba speak English? And how would he get there? He could basically hitchhike to central America.

MOO I've seen some evidence that he may speak Spanish.
Some of his music choices include Spanish lyrics that I believe he knew what they were and that's why he chose them.

Updated the map again with info about where the van's plate was read in North Port on Sep 1. The distance from the campground to that spot is 2,371 mi (1 day, 10 hours, 44 minutes driving straight), so the absolute latest the van could have left the campground (not factoring gas/bathroom breaks) is late evening on Monday, Aug 30.

(feel free to check my math!)
This may be a silly question, but maybe you or someone familiar with the area might know. From where the van was spotted and Gabby’s body found, would Brian have been able to physically cross the Snake River at any point in order to get to where we was supposedly picked up by the TikToker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member