Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not up on the technology, but others here have said that you can have a "phone" that is for internet connection, but not for regular phone service. They could have communicated via a web site or something? Yes, he had a *device*, but I don't know what service(s) that he got from it.
You can have a phone with a data plan but not a voice plan. But I would imagine LE could still track you, right? A data only phone still pings off towers?

I’m not one to rehash the past as we can’t change any of it. Missteps were made. Moving forward, I’d like to see travel records being checked for BL taking a flight somewhere. Does he have a passport?
My guess is he’s no longer in FL.
Maybe he was able to hitchhike somewhere else. He could be anywhere and wearing a mask will help in his anonymity.
IMO he will eventually end up on an America’s Most Wanted list before this is all through.

It has made me wonder if he did indeed leave her with the van when he was purportedly in Fl for the 6 days and she was in a hotel.

Do we have anything solid that suggests he went back to Florida in the middle of the trip? I recall (with fuzzy details) that he was going back to move things into storage, but have we heard of any plane tickets or other instances of licenses plate being caught?? Anything?

Where there is no
Does anybody feel like speculating on where he may be ASSUMING he has a large wad of cash, if not a vehicle.?
Where would he go? Where would you go if your biog. was similar to all we know about him( and his succulents......)

He's had two weeks of home cooking and TLC or whatever it is that happens..?
Probably well recovered physically if not mentally.
The heat is on..
Where would you hide?
Edited typo
Where there is no internet or news coverage, Alaska

The parents are really interesting in that they seem prepared to “go down with the ship”. I mean, maybe I just don’t understand because I’ve never been one to overly defend my kids (probably to a fault) because I know that kids aren’t always telling the truth and don’t always make smart decisions. I personally would be more likely to let the cops take my kid to jail and then iron things out with a lawyer…and then sue if the police did anything wrong. But the last thing I would want to do is land myself in jail right next door to my own kid. So I don’t understand this silence, this willingness to take it on the chin for a rogue son. I feel like there are a lot of missing pieces. Were the parents also victims of a narcissistic son who controlled them? Were they afraid of him???? Was it the other way around? Such a weird family dynamic.

The Laundries called the attorney to get advice when their son told them his predicament. We can guess, but we don’t and won’t know for certain what he told them. They didn’t know what to do so they called someone with experience in this sort of thing. They then did what they were told to do.

Other attorneys have commented on this and concur that this is the best way to go, legally. Morally? To let parents, and other loved ones, family of someone go through what GP’s did , just shut them out when everyone knew something terrible was happening is horrendous.
The jury of public opinion is what the Laundries will have to endure instead or along with that of a jury in a court of law

We still don't know if the "they" to whom you refer is the dispatcher. We can't presume the "they" is the cops tasked to answer the call. We do know the cops had the testimony of "Chris" as well as Gabbie's admission.

This is without prejudice to all of us agreeing more training is needed, as well as the clear bias by the lead cop's "talk" in the last few minutes in the patrol car. that is right out of stepford wives
I can't figure out if maybe the cop was just being a bro or if he was truly projecting his own life experiences onto this call.

Except that in the police report, written by Eric Pratt (officer who pulled them over) starts with the fact that a call came in saying that he was slapping her.

Did that original 911 caller stick around to be interviewed? I thought we lost track of him (?) in the narrative.

If not, I don't think the police can do more than note it, which they did. They can't testify to what they haven't seen in person; again, it's he-said, she-said, and the officers entered in the middle of it.

I imagine there've even been situations in the past where someone called 911 fraudulently to get another party into trouble. (In fact I know there are, I'm just not attempting to quantify how often it happens; just that we know it happens, or there wouldn't be laws in the books against it.)

I was thinking the same thing. Abuse is behavior that is often learned. And I also wondered if there was abuse in the household, if the abuser also felt guilty enough to try to help BL avoid the consequences.
Absolutely possible. But keep in mind in history this was common and not even considered wrong. I won't say all our great great grandfathers did it, but odds are a number of them did. I know I never saw my father lift a finger to my mom but at a certain point in the past our ancestors did. So the good news is that this kind of viral inheratance ends in most people

The Gabby Petito hashtag has been viewed hundreds of millions of times. And as this board alone demonstrates quite well, very few people are anything other than totally convinced of BL's guilt. Dude is screwed no matter what happens.

No one cares about this, of course, because the rights of defendants are near the bottom of things we worry about (which is kinda weird, since it was near the top of the list of things the founders of the country were concerned about. But times have changed). I have to laugh at that quote from the agents saying something like "we're not going to make you into a spectacle, Brian," or something to that effect, when they were trying to convince him to turn himself in (no idea how to find that now, with the volumes and volumes of posts/material that's been written about this case just in the last day or two). That's exactly what's gonna happen. Judging from the public sentiment, he might as well put on a bright red dunce cap and wear a sign around his neck saying, "I'M GUILTY!"
Well, clearly you have never met my more than fair-minded mother, but trust me, there are people who are of the "prove it" mindset.

And if BL has a sign around his neck it is due to his irrational actions, such as not reporting GP missing and driving her van back to FL without her in it. MOO.

That is correct. You do not know like we don't but she is dead, he lived to drive her van back to Florida. That LE behaved very very unprofessionally IMO.

So your opinion is that LE should have arrested him?

The Gabby Petito hashtag has been viewed hundreds of millions of times. And as this board alone demonstrates quite well, very few people are anything other than totally convinced of BL's guilt. Dude is screwed no matter what happens.

No one cares about this, of course, because the rights of defendants are near the bottom of things we worry about (which is kinda weird, since it was near the top of the list of things the founders of the country were concerned about. But times have changed). I have to laugh at that quote from the agents saying something like "we're not going to make you into a spectacle, Brian," or something to that effect, when they were trying to convince him to turn himself in (no idea how to find that now, with the volumes and volumes of posts/material that's been written about this case just in the last day or two). That's exactly what's gonna happen. Judging from the public sentiment, he might as well put on a bright red dunce cap and wear a sign around his neck saying, "I'M GUILTY!"

He could agree to plead guilty or nolo contendre, in exchange for not getting the death penalty. It would spare all of us a horrific trial.

IIRC his phone was for texting only. She had a smartphone for calling etc. I think when he said no phone he meant one to call on.

Can you link to this. I have seen it passed around as an excuse for his pretty obvious lie, but nothing confirmed as far as I know. Not that I trust BL's word, but is it mentioned anywhere by Gabby or Brian?

I keep reading about the Spotify account. I can't imagine with it has to do with anything. Why does it matter?
I'm genuinely baffled why people think its meaningful.

My guess would be that it could potentially suggest he is still alive depending on when it was changed? Also could point to his frame of mind given the original Playlist title for those interested in speculating on deeper meaning behind their (POI or suspects) choices & actions.

YES. Squeezing a person's face is far more domineering, controlling, invasive, and threatening than slapping, and it is also exactly the kind of move that might get you scratches on your hands when the person whose face you're squeezing is trying to get you to let go).

I think he was lying most of the time and simply a missed red flag by LE.

His description of her attacking him was bumpy. He stumbles, corrects himself etc.

Her description of him grabbing her face, is deliberate and specific. Grabbing a face sounds like you’re the one in control... not this storyline of flailing hands, nail, rings, phone in his face.

IDK many things were missed here IMO.

Did the 911 caller give the investigating police officers a statement and ID? I would think that would be needed before an arrest for DV on BL could be done. This witness would be needed for a possible trial. JMO.
He gave information. There is a good 20 seconds of the call that is edited when he is giving his personal info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong