Identified! Croatia - Island of Krk, Living Female 60's, Perfect English, Sep'21 - Daniela Adamcova

Legally Bland

Reaction score
1924.jpg

Croatian police have released a picture of a woman who they say speaks “perfect English” but is unable to tell them who she is or how she came to be found on a jagged outcrop of rock off the island of Krk.

The news website 24Sata said the woman, who appears to be in her 60s and has cuts and bruises to her face and body, was first spotted by a fisher at 10am on Sunday sitting on a rock in a bay near the village of Soline, in the north of the island.

Worried that his boat might run aground if he tried to rescue her himself, the fisher alerted police, who dispatched an emergency rescue team in two 4x4s. They had to abandon their vehicles and walk more than 3km to get to her.

Local officials told the website that the woman, who is 5ft 4in with shoulder-length brown hair and was wearing a pink sun hat, striped top and dark trousers, had no documents or phone that might have allowed her to be identified.

Croatian police seek to identify mystery woman found on perilous rock

mising%20woman%20croatia%20pic%202.jpg

A resident who lives nearby told Croatian news site 24Sata: “It’s weird that she was looking in the area at all. It is an extremely inaccessible part of the bay with terribly sharp rocks, literally razors that cut the rubber on your shoes.

“There is no life or animals except maybe wild boars or bears which know how to swim to here in search of food, but this is a rarity because there is no food, nothing.

“A woman that age certainly could not swim that distance, it needs exceptional strength.”

Mystery woman with perfect English found injured in Croatia

How mysterious. I think the idea that she got lost/hit her head etc is probably optimistic tbh. To be deposited there by boat (most likely) and suffering amnesia suggests something more traumatic to me. I would also put her at younger than her 60s fwiw. I think we are all very used to online images that depict people looking their best. I hope she recovers both her health and her identity soon.

Wondering if the woman was found wearing the blue polka dot blouse seen pictured?
September 20 2021
Mystery woman found on rock off Croatia | News | The Times
%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Ff9e7e2a2-1996-11ec-904c-3b07d8edb6cf.jpg

The woman, who spoke English to her rescuers on the isle of Krk, is thought to be in her sixties

''She was on her own crying and the fisherman was unable to reach her for fear of getting stranded on the rocks. He contacted police and she was eventually rescued by a team of 14 people who had to use 4x4s and walk two miles over the jagged rocks to reach her.''

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F2354510e-1995-11ec-827d-933becb74bf5.png

I agree that she could be younger.

How mysterious. I think the idea that she got lost/hit her head etc is probably optimistic tbh. To be deposited there by boat (most likely) and suffering amnesia suggests something more traumatic to me. I would also put her at younger than her 60s fwiw. I think we are all very used to online images that depict people looking their best. I hope she recovers both her health and her identity soon.

Croatian police seek to identify mystery woman found on perilous rock

Krk, a popular tourist destination particularly with holidaymakers from southern Germany, Austria, Italy and Hungary, is one of the largest islands in the Adriatic, with a permanent population of nearly 20,000 people.

Despite being connected to the mainland by a bridge, large parts of the island away from its main towns and villages remain remote and sparsely populated, with areas of inhospitable terrain.

officials said she was so weak that she was unable to drink water unaided. She is being treated in hospital in Rijeka on the Croatian mainland.

When they say she speaks perfect English, do they mean she might actually be English.
I think that's what they're suggesting. But I think "perfect English" can only be judged by native English speakers, not by some people who think they know what "perfect English" is supposed to sound like. Is there a video of the woman actually speaking? I hope she's reunited with her loved ones soon.

To me she looks 50's, not 60's. Also she looks like she has shortish dyed blonde hair, not shoulder length brown hair. Not an accurate description IMO.

Also many people from other European countries such as Germany and Sweden can speak very good English. It may have been the only mutual language both she and the authorities could understand without a translator. The Croatian authorities may not have had a good impression of what constitutes good English and may not have picked up on a non-English accent.

If she is a native English speaker obviously the most likely country is the UK due to proximity and the population size, compared to, say, Ireland. But she could also be from any other Anglophone country.

When they say she speaks perfect English, do they mean she might actually be English.

I was thinking the same thing. 'Perfect English' might be a relative term. I'd be interested to find out if a British person could hear any kind of accent to ascertain whether she is actually British. I have worked with people who speak perfect English but with accents from India, China, Jamaica, Lithuania, etc.

For what it's worth, she doesn't really look English to me. I know that sounds kind of silly, as if you can tell a person's nationality by their physical appearance. But she looks like she could be from Greece, Albania or any of the other countries in that area.

CNN picked up the story. rbbm.
Woman found injured on Croatian island doesn't know her name or how she got there

''Down on the shore, we found a woman with minor injuries, she also had a few scratches and was extremely dehydrated and emaciated. She could barely take a few sips of water," 24 Sata quoted HGSS as saying.
"We placed her on a stretcher because she was unable to walk, and transported her to the hospital," the mountain rescue service said.''
''The woman did not know where she came from or how she came to be on the island, HGSS added.
She had no documents or mobile phone with her, and there was no car nearby, the service told 24 Sata.
The outlet quoted locals as saying the area where the woman was found was very rocky and virtually inaccessible by sea or on foot.''

This is probably an utter stretch, but imo she bears more than a passing resemblance to Katie Lee, a Brit who went missing ?8 years ago (iirc) when the Norwegian vessel she was crewing on disappeared into thin air somewhere near the Azores, while on a transatlantic crossing from the Virgin Islands or some such, to Scandinavia. There was talk at one point that it might have been pirated. Afaik neither boat nor wreckage nor crew ever turned up.

If by some crazy turn of events it's her, she would actually be in her 40s, which I think is just about plausible considering what she would have been through. I'm attaching a photo for comparison. What do you all think? Feel free to tell me I'm out sailing myself, but imo there's something very similar about her nose and the area around her mouth, and her jawline. Katie Lee was also blue-eyed.

upload_2021-9-21_1-17-18.jpeg

upload_2021-9-21_1-18-6.jpeg

upload_2021-9-21_1-18-55.jpeg

Cops use AI to identify mystery woman found island who can't remember her name

Krk Island Police have reportedly been speaking with international AI experts about running her picture through global databases in the hopes of finding a match.

Investigators are also hoping to use open source social media to help identify the mystery woman.

According to sources, her accent drifts between "professional English" and Eastern European - making it nearly impossible to establish her nationality.

This is probably an utter stretch, but imo she bears more than a passing resemblance to Katie Lee, a Brit who went missing ?8 years ago (iirc) when the Norwegian vessel she was crewing on disappeared into thin air somewhere near the Azores, while on a transatlantic crossing from the Virgin Islands or some such, to Scandinavia. There was talk at one point that it might have been pirated. Afaik neither boat nor wreckage nor crew ever turned up.

If by some crazy turn of events it's her, she would actually be in her 40s, which I think is just about plausible considering what she would have been through. I'm attaching a photo for comparison. What do you all think? Feel free to tell me I'm out sailing myself, but imo there's something very similar about her nose and the area around her mouth, and her jawline. Katie Lee was also blue-eyed.

View attachment 313672

View attachment 313673

View attachment 313674

'Just adding this link for a little more info regarding the 2013 "Lady Domina" disappearance.

Norway At Sea - Nth Atlantic Ocean *The Lady Domina & 5 Crew *Mar-April 2013

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back