Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I have to log off but here's what I still don't understand:
- Why did he fly to FL and leave Gabby in SLC?
- What was BL's route going home?
- Who's flip flops were those?
I gotta go do class readings...good night!

When I first watched the police body cam footage a few days ago, I wasn't aware that a 911 caller had literally said "the man was slapping the woman". I thought the officers were considerate thoughtful and maybe Gabby had indeed had some sort of break. Now I know that 1) they either didn't have or ignored the full information available to them (I remember at one point the officers are debriefing and the leader among them says confidently that he believes the 911 caller said the woman was the aggressor) and 2) Brian Laundrie is very comfortable lying (he does not correct the officers when it becomes clear they think Gabby is the aggressor and he kind of lives it up, smiling and laughing with officers.)

If anyone else is looking for the 911 call (took me an oddly long time to find today) Gabby Petito investigation: 911 call reveals Brian Laundrie seen hitting, 'slapping' her before disappearance

I am no expert, but if I am honest, I also don't see any mental health episode on the part of Gabby in the footage. I see someone sad and emotionally charged, which is a perfectly normal human reaction to her being slapped by the significant other she is desperate to build an idyllic life with and who she is relying on during a cross country road trip.

Although I hold Brian solely responsible for this outcome I now feel the officers who responded to the DV made a mistake in their assessment of the situation. They may have been able to save Gabby or she may have run back to him at her first chance and seen a similar outcome, but they definitely got the situation very wrong in the traffic stop.

I am completely lost on threads. Derp.

In case someone missed it - because I sure did....
Here is the .pdf for the Search Warrant at the Laundrie's house
<ModSnip un-redacted document link>

That's the search warrant for the hard drive that was in the impounded van, not the search warrant for the Laundrie house. I was initially confused on this point also.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard the officers asking about alcohol and medication, but did they ever ask about drug use?

There is always the option for him to have flown out of Jackson Hole airport; that would have been the fastest why out of there. People fly in and out of there all the time on commercial planes. It would have taken 27 min to get to JH airport from Moran Junction if he hitched a ride or if someone had flown in, picked him and the van up and dropped him at the JH airport. JMO
I've flown into Jackson Hole airport myself, maybe via SLC and/or Boise. That was years ago, so they probably have a lot more flights now.

Haha.. Domino’s pizza guy has a delivery for their house.. cops stopped him and are trying to find out if they ordered pizza but no one is answering the door. Are they home????

From the last thread, this made me laugh, which I needed. But then I remembered Joe saying he ordered Gabby a pizza last month - sad. What a toxic relationship that has ruined so many lives.

So I know it was said that Stan was referring to Gabby’s grandpa (or that was assumed). I just want to throw it out there that stan is often used to mean something like idolizing/obsessing over someone. Possibly a code name for BL or someone else?

Not sure I understand-how is it used?

Would he want to get caught speeding though? I don't know, he doesn't seem the brightest bulb in the box in fairness but if I was in his shoes I certainly wouldn't want to be pulled over by the Cops while making that journey.
I thought about that too. Here, the speed limit on the interstate is 65. But, you don't get in trouble for 70. That's why I chose 70. LOL I do agree with you, though. Getting stopped would be a big issue. Then again, if he's jacked up with what he's just done, he may not be thinking rationally or cautiously.

I don’t have the original list-are they all the same songs?

That's a very good question, I took another look to see if I'd notice if anything was missing. And YES a few songs have been removed because I remember the previous run time was 29 minutes and now it is 19 minutes.

ETA: I didn't take a screenshot so could be wrong! Totally going off memory, seeing if my Spotify logged me listening to these songs, so far can't find a log.

ETA 2: Another poster says the number of songs hasn't changed and they are very likely right :)

Last edited:
And I parked my van in much more undesirable places. Though, it was because that was what was available at the time. Judging by the YT video footage, there were many other spots they could have parked that looked a little better.

I thought the same. The only positive about the spot is, from the video there was a fair amount of shade. That van looks like it would be miserable in the mountain sun.

IMO if you're down in the sagebrush and trying to find your way, it might be easy to get lost. You'd see sagebrush and more sagebrush, with occasional clumps of trees. It might not be possible to stay oriented without a topo map and compass. I'm thinking BL was not up to this kind of cross country travel. That might be why he elected to hitch part way.
The Tetons can be your guide. I’ve been there. You’re facing west if you see them. I agree that Colter Bay was where he might have showered. Jmo

I read one commentator that said the LE was using a good tactic by BROing him--If he had been very authoritarian, BL might have been more careful in what he said, more defensive. The BRO tactic might have been to get more information from him. I don't know if I buy that, but it's another explanation.
If that was so, the police report would have shown him in a different light. But it mentioned that she was the aggressor.

22-Year-Old Gabby Petito’s Father Says He Has A ‘Gut Feeling’ About What Has Happened To Her

“I have a gut feeling, and I have a thought in my head,” Gabby’s father, Joseph Petito, says to Dr. Phil on Monday’s episode about what happened to his daughter. “The gut feeling is my fear, and I’m using my thought in my head as my focus, because if I use my gut feeling, I’m going to be on the floor crying.”
I'm not going to conjecture about parents, but that was a really weird interview.

I read one commentator that said the LE was using a good tactic by BROing him--If he had been very authoritarian, BL might have been more careful in what he said, more defensive. The BRO tactic might have been to get more information from him. I don't know if I buy that, but it's another explanation.
And with Gabby...they said "why are you crying"? Looking at her either as abuser or victim, where is this "be relatable to get more/better information" approach?

For the record, I don't think these LEO are bad people based on this exchange. But I do think that they brought in a lot of their own biases and/or either didn't get or didn't care about the training they needed in order to perceive what they should in order to assess a DV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86