Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching John Walsh right now on CNN with Anderson Cooper. Walsh said he watched it with an FBI friend and both said it was classic signs of an abused woman who was intimidated by her male partner into saying she was the one who hit him. Apparently very typical in cases of DV when LE is called. They could see it very clearly in her behavior.

Very sad, they said if he'd been locked up then, she might still be alive.

Live now on CNN

CNNgo – Watch CNN TV live

John Walsh also saying he had a chance to make a deal, if his lawyer had talked to cops and offered to work with them, the boyfriend might have been able to negotiate something. As it stands now, he will get the book thrown at him. The parents may be in trouble, too.

Walsh calling him a coward who beat to death a lovely 90 lb young woman.

Yes, it's very typical behavior. I'm sure the officers did their best, but better training to spot these signs is desperately needed.

That's a very good question, I took another look to see if I'd notice if anything was missing. And YES a few songs have been removed because I remember the previous run time was 29 minutes and now it is 19 minutes.

ETA: I didn't take a screenshot so could be wrong! Totally going off memory, seeing if my Spotify logged me listening to these songs, so far can't find a log.
Well I don’t see 3 that are noted in this article-
Missing woman's haunting songs on Spotify account may provide answers

I just went back and looked at the timeline posted on page 1
AUG 27 - Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)
AUG 27-a Van is seen in the side of the road and youtubers post it - MSM picks up the story - could be Gabbys
In the video the lady says it was recorded Aug 27, 2021 at between 6:00 to 6:30 PM
AUG 27 & 30
: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom

I believe they said earlier that the August 27 text to her mom is the one that is fishy (referring to her grandfather as Stan). So, it would seem to me she would have been killed on the 27th?

Let's see. I'm 22. I'm trying to start a little business that requires internet periodically. I work for 5-6 hours and as a reward I get my "fiance" telling me I'll never be able to do it. The bitter discussion works its way out to the street, and my fiance slaps me around, hits me, and runs me down the street, causing a complete stranger passerby to call the cops at the violence perpetrated on me. We finally get to my van, and he tries to carjack my van, closing the door so I have to "claw" my way in to stop the carjacking.

My fiance has 4 main ways to establish dominance over me 1) belittling my work (when he has none of his own), 2) driving erratically and dangerously to frighten me 3) hitting and slapping me in full view of everyone on the street 4) taking off in my own car to cause me to be abandoned, taking my "house", my things and leaving me embarrassed in the street as his victim of violence. This time I finally get into my van over his objections, scratching him with my rings and cell phone as I try to stop the carjacking and loss of my house and belongings. Then he speeds at 3X the limit, and refuses to stop for cops (a felony in Utah) right behind with their lights on.

I know by now that I will pay if I say something against his actions. Both before and what will come later. I am weeping, I can't stop, at the shame of the public violence inflicted on me, and the dangerous car driving by my fiance, and knowing I will pay dearly in a couple of hours.

And, the cops sit me in their automobile while they discuss with my fiance, who calls me crazy, that they are bound by law to arrest and fingerprint me. Oh to be 22 again and sorting through these creeps, trying to find a loving life partner.

Addendum. 2 weeks later I'm dead, more on that later.

IMO
This resonates and is an impactful way to describe the very likely situation

She didn't get the hotel because he was deemed the victim. The choice the two were presented with was "she goes to jail, or she sleeps in the van"

Despicable really. It's shameful that she was even threatened with jail for something so small fry.

BL should've manned up and been ashamed of himself. He was quite willing to let Gabby go to jail to cover his sorry a$$.

A coward. Typical of an abuser.

Yeah, I caught that, too. Wonder why they didn't ask about street drugs?

Imo, drugs could certainly cause somebody to act out in violence. Maybe wander around for a couple days. They could also help a person drive 35 hours straight.
i ask every patient i see if they smoke drink vape take meds...when i use the word 'medications' they seem to understand that is a prescription. so the questioning ended with his 'i dont think so'. GP did say that neither one of them drank alcohol though...

What is it that suggests to you that she stayed in the hotel? Is there some documentation, witness statement, some kind of evidence?

Just that she didn't want to be parted from him. And that hotels have hot showers, flush toilets, free wifi, air conditioning, and bigger beds than the van. And that there was no legal requirement that she not stay in the hotel with him since she didn't get a no-contact order put on her. I understand that BL is a jerk, and suspected abuser, suspected murderer and we all want to hate him, but she loved him. Just days before she died she was happily telling a store clerk that they were engaged. I don't see her sleeping in the van alone when she had an alternative.

Let's see. I'm 22. I'm trying to start a little business that requires internet periodically. I work for 5-6 hours and as a reward I get my "fiance" telling me I'll never be able to do it. The bitter discussion works its way out to the street, and my fiance slaps me around, hits me, and runs me down the street, causing a complete stranger passerby to call the cops at the violence perpetrated on me. We finally get to my van, and he tries to carjack my van, closing the door so I have to "claw" my way in to stop the carjacking.

My fiance has 4 main ways to establish dominance over me 1) belittling my work (when he has none of his own), 2) driving erratically and dangerously to frighten me 3) hitting and slapping me in full view of everyone on the street 4) taking off in my own car to cause me to be abandoned, taking my "house", my things and leaving me embarrassed in the street as his victim of violence. This time I finally get into my van over his objections, scratching him with my rings and cell phone as I try to stop the carjacking and loss of my house and belongings. Then he speeds at 3X the limit, and refuses to stop for cops (a felony in Utah) right behind with their lights on.

I know by now that I will pay if I say something against his actions. Both before and what will come later. I am weeping, I can't stop, at the shame of the public violence inflicted on me, and the dangerous car driving by my fiance, and knowing I will pay dearly in a couple of hours.

And, the cops sit me in their automobile while they discuss with my fiance, who calls me crazy, that they are bound by law to arrest and fingerprint me. Oh to be 22 again and sorting through these creeps, trying to find a loving life partner.

Addendum. 2 weeks later I'm dead, more on that later.

IMO
This is very, very good.

@Veronica Sawyer -- I noticed one thread back that you linked to a Spotify account that you said was Gabby's own. The username was thishappyhippie. Are you (or anyone else who knows!) certain that's her own account? Songs were added to that user's playlist as recently as 5 hours ago.

That is probably one of Gabby's "friends" (SM friend, maybe real friend?)

See comment on Login • Instagram

Thinking about why Gabby would have protected BL when she was questioned by LE: I've yet to see an abused victim confirm that to the police. They know there will be heck to pay if they turn the abuser in. IMO, Gabby was protecting BL and herself. The victim has usually been so isolated that they feel hopeless and helpless. MOO.

I think Gabby was put on the defensive and was very vulnerable to criticism. The fact that she slapped him left her feeling guilty and mortified. In light of later events, that was pretty minor. BL, on the other hand, seemed immune to that kind of guilt.

Despicable really. It's shameful that she was even threatened with jail for something so small fry.

BL should've manned up and been ashamed of himself. He was quite willing to let Gabby go to jail to cover his sorry a$$.

A coward. Typical of an abuser.
And worse, he said he would go to jail for her or something on that video. *barf.
He basically said everything he was doing to her as she doing to him.

MOO…

I think he flipped out once he killed/Gabby died and wanted to/felt the need to vacate the scene ASAP. Runs back to the van, grabs a few things, then hikes his way to Colter Bay. Cleans up there then thinks…crap…now how am I gonna get home?

Possibly also realizes that 1) he STILL HAS THE KEYS TO THE VAN and that the possible alibi that he was out on a 3-4 day hike while Gabby stayed working on the vlog in the van maybe won’t work…and/or 2) he left something incriminating in the van and HAS to get back there to get it.

once he gets back to the van…no one is around so he just puts the keys in the ignition, starts it up, and doesn’t look back.

MOO.

Maybe in case Gabby’s body was found quickly enough to establish a time of death he wanted other people to see him, notice him, and report he’d been on a days long hike without his fiancé.
Fantastic thoughts!

I just went back and looked at the timeline posted on page 1
AUG 27 - Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)
AUG 27-a Van is seen in the side of the road and youtubers post it - MSM picks up the story - could be Gabbys
In the video the lady says it was recorded Aug 27, 2021 at between 6:00 to 6:30 PM
AUG 27 & 30
: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom

I believe they said earlier that the August 27 text to her mom is the one that is fishy (referring to her grandfather as Stan). So, it would seem to me she would have been killed on the 27th?

Horrible idea: maybe she was attacked on the 27th, but didn't die for one or two more days -

I'm sure someone has already said this, but couldn't Brian have gotten a cheap burner phone from Walmart or wherever and just paid in cash and not have any tangible evidence linking him to it? There are ways of not having LE track you through phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288