Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that was so, the police report would have shown him in a different light. But it mentioned that she was the aggressor.

But the 911 call from the witness to LE, mentioned that the man was slapping the woman.

LE didn't take any notice of that critical piece of information when they pulled the van over and saw Gabby was upset and near hysterical.

BL said he'd been hit by her (wow, what a man!) LE buddies up to him, and then they threatened Gabby with jail.

Makes me cry. Poor Gabby.

And I parked my van in much more undesirable places. Though, it was because that was what was available at the time. Judging by the YT video footage, there were many other spots they could have parked that looked a little better.
No kidding! Dispersed camping can be pretty bottom of the barrel in some places. But other places-like Kaibab on the north rim of the Grand Canyon-one of the few places my aging bones will agree to camp. Car camp-but, still! And these days there is a lot of competition in popular spots for dispersed camping. There used to be just real outdoors people on BLM land or in the national forests but now every teen seemingly has some souped up camping vehicle.

Disregard...i just heard my genius thought on the news...
my final thought about GP's last text about Yosemite. If BL wrote that....and i suspect he did, am i wrong to think it was to later throw LE a very misplaced bone, so LE would start looking for her in a totally different place? I've lost track if this has been discussed...sorry.

I have a question and will apologize if this has been discussed, I can't keep up with you all..... If they know when the van entered North Port, it is assumed they can then back track and get photos of the van going through toll booths that have cameras and can show the driver. Surely, BL would have had to cross bridges/tolls from WY to FL. Also, I'm hopeful that the LE will go back to wherever the Laundrie families trash is dumped and search for items that were disposed of from the van after returning on 9/1. I really pray that GP and BL's cell phones are found. They will hold scads of information.

And gas. He had to buy gas. Even if he used cash, he would be on CCTV.

35 hours drive, non stop. ~2400 miles. need to get gas about 6 times. i figure, 37-38 hours straight thru no sleep.

He would have had to leave no later than Aug. 30th at 9:30pm EDT or 7:30pm MDT.

Aug 30th 9:30pm EDT - Sept. 1st 10:30am EDT is about 37 hours.

Someone verify my math :)
Yep. My math agrees with yours.

On another note, getting in at 10:30 AM suggests to me that he drove straight through, or grabbed a couple hours of sleep in the van someplace at odd times. It's just sort of a weird time of day to arrive in from a 34-40 hour car trip otherwise. Most people wouldn't stop just a few hours away on a trip that long, they would power through. And if he was more than a few hours away, then he'd have gotten up very very early in the morning. Just seems more likely to me that he would have slept in a little if he wasn't pushing through.

Last edited:
Although now I'm not as certain about this since the Mother has indicated she doesn't believe it. She's talking to LE and knows much more than us so although I found Miranda convincing I'll now reserve judgment and not consider that as fact.

Whether he COULD have done it is not the same thing as whether he actually DID do it. Personally, I doubt it. I'm not even convinced it was him picked up hitching a ride, and if it was him, I don't for a minute believe the story he told the people who picked him up.

Perfectly said!! One thing, did either Gabby or Brian tell the officers they were engaged? I don't remember and wondered if you knew.

***|
BBM

The following is a Mini transcript in response to your ^^^ question

(Another police officer has arrived and is already talking through the passenger side of the van to Brian Laundrie sitting in the driver’s seat.)

(Officer who had been speaking with Gabby walks from his vehicle to the van and meets up with the 2nd officer on the scene.)

Brian: (to the Officer who had been speaking to Gabby) You talked to my fianceé?

Officer: What?

Brian: You talked to Gabrielle?

Officer: Yeah, I just spoke to her. So, do you want to do me a favor? Let’s go ahead and get you to step out of the vehicle.

He could also be heading south of the border. I hope they have some leads on him by now. He could go up to the panhandle and through southern Alabama and then into LA and Texas straight down to Mexico and beyond. He could hitch the whole way. But I have no idea how the border with Mexico is right now and if he could slip through.

Just all speculation. There was an Apple TV show not long ago that showed a whole family basically doing this - The Mosquito Coast. Wonder if he watched it.

Well, he would also have to go through Mississippi to get from Alabama to Louisiana. Mississippi actually has a gulf coast. This is important so that the people who live there can be warned to keep an eye out for him. Although if he was in Mobile over the weekend, he has likely already moved through Mississippi by now.

Why do you think he would have made that trip to Coulter Bay? I can't wrap my head around why he left the van, then had to hitchhike back to it, if that is what he did.

I don't know that he did, but if the tiktoker is correct, then he did. why did he do it? The reasons could range from he actually was doing a hike while he left her to work on the channel up through he murdered her in a fit of passion and then wandered north (away from her body and the van) until he ended up at Culter Bay and decide he was sick of walking and wanted the van.

dahJo said:
I read one commentator that said the LE was using a good tactic by BROing him--If he had been very authoritarian, BL might have been more careful in what he said, more defensive. The BRO tactic might have been to get more information from him. I don't know if I buy that, but it's another explanation.

IMO it is a sometimes used police tactic. I know a mother and adult daughter who had some kind of incident. I don’t remember which one but one of them said they had a fistfight and one of them called the police. What I do remember is that a female cop started telling one of them that when she was younger, she too had had a fistfight with her mother.
I remember when I heard about it I thought that was an odd thing for a police officer to share. Thinking about it now, it seems
like it was a ploy to get the mother or daughter to spill the beans about who was really fighting with whom.
It’s possible IMO that this was the motivation for the officer to “share” with Brian that he had a “toxic ex-wife.” It may be entirely fictional and designed to get Brian to say “oh I know what you mean, the reason I hit my girlfriend is because..”
MOO
If it is a police tactic, why were they not empathetic to her? Why didn't they tell her some story of a controlling man in their lives? They only bro'ed him and laughed with him when he called her craaazy.

No kidding! Dispersed camping can be pretty bottom of the barrel in some places. But other places-like Kaibab on the north rim of the Grand Canyon-one of the few places my aging bones will agree to camp. Car camp-but, still! And these days there is a lot of competition in popular spots for dispersed camping. There used to be just real outdoors people on BLM land or in the national forests but now every teen seemingly has some souped up camping vehicle.
The dashcam people left because they couldn't find a place. That may be because they were in a big RV.

@Veronica Sawyer -- I noticed one thread back that you linked to a Spotify account that you said was Gabby's own. The username was thishappyhippie. Are you (or anyone else who knows!) certain that's her own account? Songs were added to that user's playlist as recently as 5 hours ago.

Editing to add: This account belongs to a friend of hers, not Gabby or Brian!
I just realized that it’s not actually her and was about to make a comment! My bad! From first glance the profile pic looked like Gabby until I got on my laptop and saw it wasn’t.

I don't know that he did, but if the tiktoker is correct, then he did. why did he do it? The reasons could range from he actually was doing a hike while he left her to work on the channel up through he murdered her in a fit of passion and then wandered north (away from her body and the van) until he ended up at Culter Bay and decide he was sick of walking and wanted the van.
A fit of passion is a fit of rage and the 'passion' thing minimizes it.

There is always the option for him to have flown out of Jackson Hole airport; that would have been the fastest why out of there. People fly in and out of there all the time on commercial planes. It would have taken 27 min to get to JH airport from Moran Junction if he hitched a ride or if someone had flown in, picked him and the van up and dropped him at the JH airport. JMO

Good point. I was thinking he might have gone up to the West Yellowstone airport, but Jackson would be a much better bet.

I don’t have the original list-are they all the same songs?

Yes they are.

One note about this. There is a report option on public Spotify playlists. I've never used it before, but since this playlist was discussed and publicized, if multiple people reported it, the automatic Spotify response may be to remove the Description and profile photo which would be the assumed offending material.

Wouldn’t you think the L’s attorney would want to wait to have his press conference until after GP’s autopsy results are released? But then he says neither he nor the L family knows where BL is. So who knows what they’re thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther