Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not correct. They were discussing charging her and instead of taking her to jail they asked BL if they had money to put her in a motel? He said no. maybe they didn't or maybe being the jerk he is he didn't want to waste money on a motel if she could sleep in a jail cell. So then they decided not to charge her with domestic violence. But since she was the aggressor according to both their statements and Christopher's, she couldn't go to the womens's shelter, but the group that managed the shelter could pay for a room for BL since he was technically the victim of DV. They weren't doing him a favor, especially since he said he would rather camp in the Arches, but instead trying to fix away for them to be separate for the night and not take her to jail.

He can’t afford one night in a hotel (for her) — So I wonder where they got the money for her to stay in a hotel during the time BL supposedly flew back to FL? I read on the previous thread that her father said on Dr Phil that she didn’t have money for an extended hotel stay. (I’m assuming they pooled their money together for the trip? I haven’t read much about their finances)

I've flown into Jackson Hole airport myself, maybe via SLC and/or Boise. That was years ago, so they probably have a lot more flights now.

Only national flights I presume?
My take on the Stan text is that BL was used to calling gpa Stan and he slipped and typed that while he was pretending to be Gabby texting. Yellowstone vs Yosemite he either confused like many do or he was purposely misleading. I really don't think there is any more to read into the text than that.

Well, given that he has also apparently led investigators on a possible wild goose chase in the Florida park, I would bet my dollar that this was an act of information also. If you are going to log into her phone it is with a purpose. IMO

I have a question and I am not sure if it has been brought up yet. Does anyone think it is possible BL & GP were up at Colter Bay together and had a fight and she left him stranded there. Then he got pissed and worked his way back to the Spread Creek area (where he got a ride to hitchhiking) and when he got back there his anger for being left behind got the best of him and he killed her there and then took off for home on that evening or next day on the 30th? They may have already been at the area in Spread Creek before hand and he figured that she went back to that area when she left him stranded and he went back there looking for her? She did have the area marked on the camping app so its possible they were there 1st then went to Colter Bay together and had a fight and she left him. He gets pissed and goes back to Spread Creek area to find her. Would explain why he was hitchhiking alone and would also explain why he told the couple that picked him up that she was back there doing videos because he was embarrassed / angry she left him alone and would provide some motive for her being killed at the location.
Uh, yes. It’s one of many possibilities that may have happened. That there may be such possibilities is why BL might walk away from all of this in the court of law. In the court of public opinion, I don’t think so unless some surprise info surfaces.

I only saw that police said she could when they were wrapping up. Did you see or hear something else to confirm she actually made the call? I never saw her hold the phone to her ear.

When the officer walked over to the car that Gabby was sitting in, the female Park Ranger said to him "she's calling per parents or she's talking to her parents." Then you see Gabby put the phone in her lap when the officer approaches her and then he says you can get back to talking to your parents or something like that.

It's not clear if she actually made the call to her parents and if they answered.

We have to believe that there's a lot her mother knows and has not said publicly.

Omgosh! Everytime I go to post something happens and I have to stop and read 10 more pages LOL. Anyway. I just wanted to give my take on the Moab incident. To start this is ALL MOO!!!

When I watched the bodycam footage I immediately thought that something wasn't right. I felt that she was being spun as the victim, Abusers have a gift for manipulating thier victims into taking the blame for everything that happens, as I am sure a lot of you already know. I felt his explaination of the scratches that HE said were from her hitting him with the phone was kind of sus. My first thought was they were defensive scratches. As far as the officer talking about his wife's anxiety to BL, I got the vibes of a, maybe, older guy giving a younger guy advice on how he tries to handle his S/O when their anxiety flares up. Those of us with severe anxiety are not easy to live with AT ALL! I often remark how I don't know how my husband has put up with me for the past 23yrs. I also think that BL may have made it a habit to use Gabby's fears against her to cause her anxiety to flare up, which IMO , is abuse.

Okay as for NPPD publicly declaring they knew "exactly" where BL was and then the next day it's Oh well he's now missing, hasn't been seen in days, don't @ me bruh. I think they were in the wrong. Personally I think they should have had someone watching him but at the VERY least they should NEVER have come out and said they knew "exactly" where he was. That is what I found unprofessional, but it is what it is. Really as long as Gabby can be given the proper burial she deserves I really don't care where BL is or what happened to him. I mean I do because she deserves justice but I think her family having her back was the most important.

Again this is ALL MOO!

I too had this horrible thought as we don't know what happened. He may have known she was severely injured when he left, we don't know if he killed her then left. Ugh.

Other countries do who are not as rich as the US. UK police are not even armed except for the terrorist squad.

Don't forget that while this has been going on, there were 328 shooting in just Chicago, with 58 homicides. Most of the perpetrators had been in court before. I don't think more DV training would have made a difference in this.

Did you all know you can fly directly from Sarasota to JH airport.? opps wrong, but you can fly there from many other places in FL. sorry
Look how long it takes lol. My experience going into Jackson Hole was there'd be a lot of wealthy people on those flights, especially for skiing. Posh. So, yes, all the way from Florida doesn't surprise me.

It's been stated previously, the female officer is a park ranger and there is no report that has been released by them. The Christoper statement has been released. You'll probably find a link on the timeline. AFAIK, no store footage. There is also a 911 call that is released.

Thanks. I am new here and keep forgetting about the timeline. I don't really expect to see much of the evidence LE is holding unless there is a trial, and a big part of me doesn't want there to be a trial because he's already in a gator's belly (although I doubt he was ever there for long if at all)

<modsnip>

He could agree to plead guilty or nolo contendre, in exchange for not getting the death penalty. It would spare all of us a horrific trial.
Personally, I'm not a fan of the "plea" system, precisely because it encourages innocent people to plead guilty for the specific reason that they know they don't have the resources to fight the charges. This happens a lot and is something that should concern us all (too bad it doesn't). And frankly, if I were 23 years old, I think I'd rather face the death penalty than 70+ potential years in prison. My honest guess is that BL has committed suicide, anyway.

I don't think I'm hazarding a wild guess by estimating that the vast majority of posters on this forum are women. I'm a guy. A big, physically imposing, ugly guy with a history of mental health issues. I know full well that most people, especially women, who come across me will automatically assume the worst about me on sight; it's been happening to me since I was about 15 (I'm 40 now). That's why I keep my distance from females and do everything in my power to remain as quiet and unobtrusive as possible whenever I'm out in public. I know I'm not going to get the benefit of the doubt from people. I never have, and I never will. So I tend to sympathize with defendants in most situations. I'm far, far, far more likely to find myself in their position someday. That's actually one of the things I have to think about whenever I go anywhere. I don't ever wanna do anything that might cause someone (probably a female) to think, "Hmmm. I'd better tell the police about that guy." And yes, I did have this happen to me in the past. Once in high school, and once in college. It's a terrible, shameful feeling that sticks with you.

Heck, just last night I had to sit and listen to my mother, my sister, and my two nieces go on and on about Gabby Petito all during supper. For some reason they seemed to be trying to make me guilty of doing something to her, as if it was my personal responsibility that something bad happened to her.

Respectfully, this seems like reductive thinking. I have read a lot of people here speculate about the actions they’ve observed (2 people on a trip and only 1 returns, not contacting his fiancee’s parents when they were concerned about her safety, the body cam video, etc). What people comment about on a thread and how they would react as members of a sworn jury are not the same, IMO. I observed the actions I mentioned and I believe they are abnormal. I do not, however, have any personal knowledge of BL’s actions or anything that may be located on a hard drive, cell phone, gps or anything else. There could be overwhelming evidence. There could be no evidence. We don’t know. Potential jurors also don’t know. Let’s let it unfold and trust in the process. I do believe there are 12 impartial people wherever this case may be located. Look at the online community vs the verdict in the Casey Anthony trial. We just don’t know what will happen. JMO.
Yeah, let's do that. Lol.

There's a lot of innocent people in prison today because they trusted the process.

I'm gonna admit, I don't think BL is innocent. But I also don't think it really matters. He's screwed no matter what. And like I said, my gut feeling is that he's probably already dead somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's possible but you'd be amazed how much people mess it up because they don't understand how things work. If he logged into his actual Facebook account or whatever for example on the burner and if the Police get a warrant for his SM data it's then easy enough to trace it back.

Chris Watts is a prime example of 'not understanding how things work.'

I see, I understood that those were on the one that’s no longer named. Thanks for the clarification
I still see those songs on there, they’re on the “mtn tops” playlist.

When I first watched the police body cam footage a few days ago, I wasn't aware that a 911 caller had literally said "the man was slapping the woman". I thought the officers were considerate thoughtful and maybe Gabby had indeed had some sort of break. Now I know that 1) they either didn't have or ignored the full information available to them (I remember at one point the officers are debriefing and the leader among them says confidently that he believes the 911 caller said the woman was the aggressor) and 2) Brian Laundrie is very comfortable lying (he does not correct the officers when it becomes clear they think Gabby is the aggressor and he kind of lives it up, smiling and laughing with officers.)

If anyone else is looking for the 911 call (took me an oddly long time to find today) Gabby Petito investigation: 911 call reveals Brian Laundrie seen hitting, 'slapping' her before disappearance

I am no expert, but if I am honest, I also don't see any mental health episode on the part of Gabby in the footage. I see someone sad and emotionally charged, which is a perfectly normal human reaction to her being slapped by the significant other she is desperate to build an idyllic life with and who she is relying on during a cross country road trip.

Although I hold Brian solely responsible for this outcome I now feel the officers who responded to the DV made a mistake in their assessment of the situation. They may have been able to save Gabby or she may have run back to him at her first chance and seen a similar outcome, but they definitely got the situation very wrong in the traffic stop.

IMO: She was clearly and utterly distraught. She was (rather skillfully and savvily, IMO) trying to build a business/marketing channel, but she had somewhat hinged it on the fantasy of an idylic relationship. So, not only was she (IMO) dealing with the events of the day and all of the swirling thoughts around her actual, IRL relationship and what the breakup of that would involve (like, she lived in his parents' house), she was ALSO facing the possible nuking of her "brand" if the bodycam footage was ever made public.

It could be days to weeks until we get that CCTV. If he didn't have a phone on him or anything it could be really hard to pinpoint where and when he was stopping.

There is no doubt in my mind, he had his cell phone or hers to communicate to his parents. I believe he likely called them prior to his return and they talked him through this. I'll bet the Attorney was contracted even before BL pulled into North Port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth