Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Barry out on bail? Iris Eytan and Dru Nielsen.

Nothing against them. They earned their money.

E&N AND because BM is probably part of the 1% in Chaffee County capable of depositing $500K cash as security with the Court!

In a perfect, criminal world, BM would be like 99% of his neighbors, and therefore still sitting in jail until his trial.

After reading the entire AA, it's understandable why the PEPG standard was not met. No bombshells, nothing hidden for later. And I still believe the PH provided the prosecution with some valuable guidance on where to focus to win at trial. I do not doubt that BM is guilty of disappearing his wife. MOO

I recall the cyclist reported he saw a strange vehicle on the bike trail that looked out-of-place (his account picked up MSM) whereas the witness in AA alleges she saw a strange vehicle in the PP subdivision, and that she phoned the tip-line.

I understand many of the homes near PP are AirBnb rentals so you'd think unusual vehicles would not be out of the ordinary, right? MOO

Well - the two of them do seem to know each other, IMO.

No idea why either of those two got involved when and how they did.

But he's not mentioned in the AA - she is. And am I remembering correctly? SD remembers the same thing as...the other guy?

You can't make this up.

Barry met SD at A DUMPSTER.

Relationship started in July, 2020.

How quaint.

JMO

(Page 125+)

Yes priceless - he met her right there at the dumpster IMO / and where did he take her for Valentine’s Day feb 2021. Why it was the Antler Inn !!!! P124 of the aa

I am most curious though if they have found BM ‘s second phone that was alluded to in aa more than once

Well, I looked forward to reading this and really needed a break from "that other case".

At some point I felt as though I was reading a plot line from an entire season of "As The World Turns."o_O

But, there were tells that came straight from BM. The word(s) perfect and perfectly. The multiple references of drinking and drugs used in context to discredit SM, her family, and any others who were not lining up with him. Obvious changes in his narrative when confronted with contradictory information. I sure hope the defense doesn't let him get on the stand. :eek:

How come the results of that blood stain and tire tracks were not mentioned?

What blood stain? In the footnotes, I believe it says the reddish brown stain was tested - and was not blood. I think there are two examples of that.

Well, I looked forward to reading this and really needed a break from "that other case".

At some point I felt as though I was reading a plot line from an entire season of "As The World Turns."o_O

But, there were tells that came straight from BM. The word(s) perfect and perfectly. The multiple references of drinking and drugs used in context to discredit SM, her family, and any others who were not lining up with him. Obvious changes in his narrative when confronted with contradictory information. I sure hope the defense doesn't let him get on the stand. :eek:

Oh - I hope they do. I hope he insists. Do you really think he'd be convincing to a jury? Or are you saying that he's obviously so good at spinning that he could talk his way out of this?

Ummmmmmm, page 53 - the foot note? Barry buried furniture in the ground ? Did I read that right? Is that something people do when they no longer want furniture, cos myself and virtually everyone I know usually sells, donates, takes to dump, recycles, hoards in the attic/cellar/garage etc

He's also burying large sums of money? I really am speechless after reading this thing. That man has some marbles loose.

I'll say this, the task force squeezed as much as they possibly could out this investigation. With no physical evidence to speak of, they used technology to make the best case they could.

Where they really excelled however, is during their repeated questioning of Barry. That was a masterclass in behavioral profiling, and they succeeded in getting out of him incriminating statement after incriminating statement.

There is an unbelievable amount of nuance there, from how they approached him, how evidence was presented, how they prefaced certain remarks and questions, how they responded to what he said, and on and on.

If it will be enough for a jury, I can't say for certain. Man though, it was definitely good enough for me.

That's not fair. The circumstantial evidence is all there. @Topppps - don't forget Donte Lucas's conviction. :)
That conviction of Donthe was surprising, but they had one of the 4 forms of evidence that I said is usually required for a murder conviction. Donthe told they other inmate he killed her, that's been done before relying on a confession to someone to use in a murder conviction. This is weaker than that Donthe Lucas case, and that Donthe Lucas case was pretty weak.

I'll say this, the task force squeezed as much as they possibly could out this investigation. With no physical evidence to speak of, they used technology to make the best case they could.

Where they really excelled however, is during their repeated questioning of Barry. That was a masterclass in behavioral profiling, and they succeeded in getting out of him incriminating statement after incriminating statement.

There is an unbelievable amount of nuance there, from how they approached him, how evidence was presented, how they prefaced certain remarks and questions, how they responded to what he said, and on and on.

If it will be enough for a jury, I can't say for certain. Man though, it was definitely good enough for me.
Yeah I think it's clear he did it, that left turn right by the helmet is pretty damning evidence. Question is what charge they get him with, Im thinking murder 2 or manslaughter. Since they dont have really anything to go by to prove murder 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd