Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is JMO.

I wonder how many times he threatened, or actually left her before the time she climbed back into the van after the reports of him slapping her were phoned in?

For me, she has to be terrified of being abandoned to climb in through the drivers’ side after he has just hit her. More scared of that than physical violence.

He strikes me as a control freak, and I believe I read stories from a friend of hers that involved him stealing her ID so she couldn’t go out with her. She also moved from NJ to FL and only had this Rose as a friend. Was that his influence? Was he keeping her isolated? I’m struggling to think a young pretty influencer on social media would find it hard to make friends.

I hated how he acted pally pally with the cops, basically putting her down by saying “she’s crazy” and swapping stories about problems in relationships. I hated the misogyny shown in the police interaction. An independent witness phoned in the DV reporting naming him as the aggressor, their stories had too many similarities for me, liked he’s told her what to say if they’re stopped. (Maybe he saw the bystander calling the cops and threatened her into telling the story she did). The police would have charged her, not him, if they had filed a charge.

I wonder why him taking the phone triggered her. Was she getting positive attention from men on the social platforms and he didn’t like it? Was he using the messages left to berate her and accuse her of imagined slights, was he on his way to a paranoid mental break and innocent comments were fuelling his paranoia?

I think they had another argument, he’s choked her to death in anger and then dumped her body.

I also think, and this is JMO, that his parents knew he killed her before he got home.

Wouldn’t you think the L’s attorney would want to wait to have his press conference until after GP’s autopsy results are released? But then he says neither he nor the L family knows where BL is. So who knows what they’re thinking.

I wonder what his press conference is going to be about then? We (I) really just want to know where BL is or where he is headed. I don’t want to hear The Laundries paltry condolences. They are part of the problem at this point.

Edited for spelling & punctuation

Last edited:
I think there’s a touch of phone game/Chinese whispers with the traffic stop - I think the two cops, both thinking they’re talking about the same thing but actually at crossed purposes, conflate Gabby saying she slapped Brian to get him to pull over, with the earlier slapping referenced in the 911 call.

Last edited:
I can't imagine he'd be stupid enough to log into his real Facebook account on a burner if he was trying to evade authorities. But he doesn't seem bright AT ALL, so I hope I'm wrong.

Along the same lines, one thing I am having a hard time understanding is that if he killed Gabby, why would he proceed to get in her van and drive it across the country back home? ETA: We learned today the van's license plate was read coming back into the area at approx 10:30 am Sep. 1, but it has not been confirmed that it was BL who was the driver

Last edited:
He can’t afford one night in a hotel (for her) — So I wonder where they got the money for her to stay in a hotel during the time BL supposedly flew back to FL? I read on the previous thread that her father said on Dr Phil that she didn’t have money for an extended hotel stay. (I’m assuming they pooled their money together for the trip? I haven’t read much about their finances)
How do we know they had no money?

ETA: Other than her dad via Dr. Phil. Do we know if Brian did?

And the story that he flew to Florida and left her in a hotel is the story that Gabby told her parents, right? Have we had any kind of confirmation (flight records, etc) that he actually went?
I am beginning to wonder if he drove off with the van for the days when she was in the hotel in SLC, and the story about flying home was something she told her parents to cover for him so her parents wouldn't think less of him.

A fit of passion is a fit of rage and the 'passion' thing minimizes it.
You can't minimize murder no matter how you phrase it. Crimes of Passion is a legal defense so I think I will just keep using it.
"Crime of passion" defense is technically catagorized as a temporary insanity defense.

Legal Dictionary - Law.com

It is similar to the defenses of "diminished capacity" to understand one's own actions, the so-called "Twinkie defense," the "abuse excuse," "heat of passion" and other claims of mental disturbance which raise the issue of criminal intent based on modern psychiatry and/or sociology. However, mental derangement at the time of an abrupt crime, such as a sudden attack or crime of passion, can be a valid defense or at least show lack of premeditation to reduce the degree of the crime.

Last edited:
There is no doubt in my mind, he had his cell phone or hers to communicate to his parents. I believe he likely called them prior to his return and they talked him through this. I'll bet the Attorney was contracted even before BL pulled into North Port.
My thoughts too, I wonder when the attorney was brought on board, they refused to talk to GP’s family before LE was involved, there is a good chance they were already advised to not say anything to anyone.

There is no doubt in my mind, he had his cell phone or hers to communicate to his parents. I believe he likely called them prior to his return and they talked him through this. I'll bet the Attorney was contracted even before BL pulled into North Port.

I 100% agree with all of this. His parents helped him - the couple lived with them for sometime so his domestic violence did not just start on this cross country trip. I assure you that they knew of his temper and his violence towards Gabby.

Watching John Walsh right now on CNN with Anderson Cooper. Walsh said he watched it with an FBI friend and both said it was classic signs of an abused woman who was intimidated by her male partner into saying she was the one who hit him. Apparently very typical in cases of DV when LE is called. They could see it very clearly in her behavior.

Very sad, they said if he'd been locked up then, she might still be alive.

Live now on CNN

CNNgo – Watch CNN TV live

John Walsh also saying he had a chance to make a deal, if his lawyer had talked to cops and offered to work with them, the boyfriend might have been able to negotiate something. As it stands now, he will get the book thrown at him. The parents may be in trouble, too.

Walsh calling him a coward who beat to death a lovely 90 lb young woman.
I saw that too. Totally agree with John Walsh.

Former host of “America’s Most Wanted” John Walsh says he was “terrified” when he first saw police cam footage of Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito.

“This is classic domestic abuse. He terrorized her not to tell the cops. He was the aggressor and slapper and puncher.”

https://twitter.com/ac360/status/1440116486950072326?s=21

How do we know they had no money?

ETA: Other than her dad via Dr. Phil. Do we know if Brian did?

The post that I quoted was talking about the Moab stop when LE asked BL if he had money for a hotel room for GP and he basically said he didn’t (I don’t have his exact words)

Watching John Walsh right now on CNN with Anderson Cooper. Walsh said he watched it with an FBI friend and both said it was classic signs of an abused woman who was intimidated by her male partner into saying she was the one who hit him. Apparently very typical in cases of DV when LE is called. They could see it very clearly in her behavior.

Very sad, they said if he'd been locked up then, she might still be alive.

Live now on CNN

CNNgo – Watch CNN TV live

John Walsh also saying he had a chance to make a deal, if his lawyer had talked to cops and offered to work with them, the boyfriend might have been able to negotiate something. As it stands now, he will get the book thrown at him. The parents may be in trouble, too.

Walsh calling him a coward who beat to death a lovely 90 lb young woman.
I saw that too. Totally agree with John Walsh.

Follow the pizza. With Covid they can just leave it on the porch now.

I don’t think they’d let a delivery guy directly access the guest rooms anyway - it’s not like a motel where the rooms have exterior doors - so IMO delivery drivers probably leave food ordered by guests at the front desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie