Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. I was thinking he might have gone up to the West Yellowstone airport, but Jackson would be a much better bet.
I am nervous that this story about BL going back to move stuff out to a storage container and then flying back is an attempt to confuse matters with exactly this.

If he was so fed up with her and had to prepare for the big break - why not flyout to FL and just ring in to Gabby a "Dear John ". Just Leave her with the van to sort her own life out. Why fly back ? His parents would probably dissuade him.

I think / suspect either he had help on the drive back for perhaps he never drove back at all. It is going to be interesting as to what his cell phone shows and if gas station cameras bear out that version. It is also going to be very interesting to see where Gabby's phone went after her death - if it tracked along with Brian 's phone or not. And if the messages sent to her mother were from BL's phone or just some from Gabby's. I suspect the police used the inside running on this to get the search warrant on the parents' home. The Judge wants more than suspicion as a basis to give you a warrant.

Last edited:
There is no doubt in my mind, he had his cell phone or hers to communicate to his parents. I believe he likely called them prior to his return and they talked him through this. I'll bet the Attorney was contracted even before BL pulled into North Port.

That being said, they might need to obtain the phone records of the parents (if they haven't already) to see what phone calls were made and when. If her phone was shut off around Sept 1st (please correct me if I'm wrong on that), he would have had to use his phone to call her. Unless there's a burner.

The post that I quoted was talking about the Moab stop when LE asked BL if he had money for a hotel room for GP and he basically said he didn’t (I don’t have his exact words)
In the video of the dash cam, he never says anything about not having money; it's assumed by LE and he never answers one way or the other.

IMO, I just don't think there is enough evidence out there to assume he does not have access to funds.

https://twitter.com/meganmyersnews/status/1440117603716976640?s=21

I asked the Laundrie family attorney for more details about tomorrow’s press conference. When asked about Brian’s whereabouts he told me the following:
“I do not know where Brian is nor do his parents.”

https://twitter.com/meganmyersnews/status/1440117792880144384?s=21
He then added:
“So if we discuss it does not mean we have knowledge of where he is.”

He needs to either give the info now or shut up.

This is JMO.

I wonder how many times he threatened, or actually left her before the time she climbed back into the van after the reports of him slapping her were phoned in?

For me, she has to be terrified of being abandoned to climb in through the drivers’ side after he has just hit her. More scared of that than physical violence.

He strikes me as a control freak, and I believe I read stories from a friend of hers that involved him stealing her ID so she couldn’t go out with her. She also moved from NJ to FL and only had this Rose as a friend. Was that his influence? Was he keeping her isolated? I’m struggling to think a young pretty influencer on social media would find it hard to make friends.

I hated how he acted pally pally with the cops, basically putting her down by saying “she’s crazy” and swapping stories about problems in relationships. I hated the misogyny shown in the police interaction. An independent witness phoned in the DV reporting naming him as the aggressor, their stories had too many similarities for me, liked he’s told her what to say if they’re stopped. (Maybe he saw the bystander calling the cops and threatened her into telling the story she did). The police would have charged her, not him, if they had filed a charge.

I wonder why him taking the phone triggered her. Was she getting positive attention from men on the social platforms and he didn’t like it? Was he using the messages left to berate her and accuse her of imagined slights, was he on his way to a paranoid mental break and innocent comments were fuelling his paranoia?

I think they had another argument, he’s choked her to death in anger and then dumped her body.

I also think, and this is JMO, that his parents knew he killed her before he got home.

I don't think she has to be "terrified" of abandonment. She could be really, really angry that he's taking her van and ruining her trip. He's also dissing her.

Perhaps they are both control freaks (she seems to admit that she's a bit controlling over matters of organization and cleanliness). The ID theft thing is really egregious - but she stayed with him through that. And despite "episodes" of sleeplessness and "hearing voices."

I also think the parents knew he had killed her before he arrived home - if he in fact arrived home and wasn't met part way by dad, who then took the van home.

Hard to say where he might be.

Taking the phone was taking away her lifeline, in case she needed to call for help or take pictures of various events. I also think it will end up being strangulation.

I think there’s a touch of phone game/Chinese whispers with the traffic stop - I think the two cops, both thinking they’re talking about the same thing but actually at crossed purposes, conflate Gabby saying she slapped Brian to get him to pull over with the earlier slapping referenced in the 911 call.

Could be, but GP own words were that she was slapping him to get him to stop telling her to calm down. I don't know why we can't get past the fact that she was indeed slapping him. It doesn't mean she wasn't doing it in self defense or that she wasn't verbally provoked into doing it.

Along the same lines, one thing I am having a hard time understanding is that if he killed Gabby, why would he proceed to get in her van and drive it across the country back home? ETA: We learned today the van's license plate was read coming back into the area at approx 10:30 am Sep. 1, but it has not been confirmed that it was BL who was the driver

He doesn't seem to be the brightest crayon in the box.

Let's see. I'm 22. I'm trying to start a little business that requires internet periodically. I work for 5-6 hours and as a reward I get my "fiance" telling me I'll never be able to do it. The bitter discussion works its way out to the street, and my fiance slaps me around, hits me, and runs me down the street, causing a complete stranger passerby to call the cops at the violence perpetrated on me. We finally get to my van, and he tries to carjack my van, closing the door so I have to "claw" my way in to stop the carjacking.

My fiance has 4 main ways to establish dominance over me 1) belittling my work (when he has none of his own), 2) driving erratically and dangerously to frighten me 3) hitting and slapping me in full view of everyone on the street 4) taking off in my own car to cause me to be abandoned, taking my "house", my things and leaving me embarrassed in the street as his victim of violence. This time I finally get into my van over his objections, scratching him with my rings and cell phone as I try to stop the carjacking and loss of my house and belongings. Then he speeds at 3X the limit, and refuses to stop for cops (a felony in Utah) right behind with their lights on.

I know by now that I will pay if I say something against his actions. Both before and what will come later. I am weeping, I can't stop, at the shame of the public violence inflicted on me, and the dangerous car driving by my fiance, and knowing I will pay dearly in a couple of hours.

And, the cops sit me in their automobile while they discuss with my fiance, who calls me crazy, that they are bound by law to arrest and fingerprint me. Oh to be 22 again and sorting through these creeps, trying to find a loving life partner.

Addendum. 2 weeks later I'm dead, more on that later.

IMO

Not at all outside the realm of possibility.

I don't think she has to be "terrified" of abandonment. She could be really, really angry that he's taking her van and ruining her trip. He's also dissing her.

Perhaps they are both control freaks (she seems to admit that she's a bit controlling over matters of organization and cleanliness). The ID theft thing is really egregious - but she stayed with him through that. And despite "episodes" of sleeplessness and "hearing voices."

I also think the parents knew he had killed her before he arrived home - if he in fact arrived home and wasn't met part way by dad, who then took the van home.

Hard to say where he might be.

Taking the phone was taking away her lifeline, in case she needed to call for help or take pictures of various events. I also think it will end up being strangulation.

Excellent points.

They stated that had no money for a hotel when they were pulled over by LE in Utah, so where did the money for the 6 days hotel in Salt Lake City come from a few days later?

Did they have some money, but lied to LE about it?

Did one of Gabby's parents wire her some money? If so, I wonder what she told them.....that could've been an interesting conversation.

Sorry, but an action full of emotion that leads to murder or injury is rage. I know what passion means, but describing murder as a crime of passion is minimizing it IMO.
Using the word "passion" has overtones of a sexual, romantic nature, even if that's not what the speaker officially means. And historically we have been more lenient with this because, well, "that's just how things are between men and women. Can't really blame them."

Thinking about why Gabby would have protected BL when she was questioned by LE: I've yet to see an abused victim confirm that to the police. They know there will be heck to pay if they turn the abuser in. IMO, Gabby was protecting BL and herself. The victim has usually been so isolated that they feel hopeless and helpless. MOO.

I don't believe it was intentional. She'd just been "programmed" that everything was always her fault. She "accepted" things were really her fault so of course she'd protect him. And LE basically ended up further endorsing that idea-that she was the aggressor not the aggrieved party. I'm not blaming them, well, not totally but lots of training is needed.

https://twitter.com/meganmyersnews/status/1440117603716976640?s=21

I asked the Laundrie family attorney for more details about tomorrow’s press conference. When asked about Brian’s whereabouts he told me the following:
“I do not know where Brian is nor do his parents.”

https://twitter.com/meganmyersnews/status/1440117792880144384?s=21
He then added:

I had not even logged into my websleuth account for this. I’d just been keeping up with it reading all the posts. However I read the part of this comment (bolded below), & I couldn’t help myself. Like are they kidding?! Am I missing something? Wth does that even mean?! This is like OJ writing that book, “If I Did It.” Or whatever it was called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member