Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am beginning to wonder if he drove off with the van for the days when she was in the hotel in SLC, and the story about flying home was something she told her parents to cover for him so her parents wouldn't think less of him.

This is plausible. More plausible than the storage unit story.

A lot of agencies just don't take MP reports unless there's a lot of evidence that the person is missing because of a combination of the philosophy that the person could be out of touch on purpose, and the fact that opening yet another case adds to their workload.

Thanks for the reply, Skigirl. I need to find the original post. If it's true, the date of Mom's request to NPPD matters to me. No doubt that NPPD had no idea of the chaos that was about to fall on them.

Last edited:
Using the word "passion" has overtones of a sexual, romantic nature, even if that's not what the speaker officially means. And historically we have been more lenient with this because, well, "that's just how things are between men and women. Can't really blame them."

definition of crime of passion.. hope it helps…

Crime of Passion
All of that is typical of an investigation these days.

And if you’re talking about BL’s attorney, he’s from NY, right?

yes, BL’s attorney is from NY but the family is in FL so that is a bit confusing why they are using a NY attorney if BL was supposed to be in FL… for LE questioning and so forth. Just strange to me.

A few things are sticking out like a red thumb to me… anyone else see this? FACTS ONLY HERE.. I’m not attaching opinions to guilt or innocence, just trying to see the facts out….

- LE refers to BL as POI not a suspect even after Gabby is found

- Media and LE have NOT referred to this as a murder investigation… yet. Strange to anyone else???

- DV incident on 8/12, LE gave her the van so she could free herself from the relationship at that time and drive away a single woman, as BL was safely in a hotel room with access to get back home to FL from there. Arguing over the rest is a mute point…

- Attorney is giving news conference in NY, not FL… why? Is BL in NY with his attorney possibly?

thoughts??

Most crimes aren't termed "murder" until the Coroner rules on manner of death and, usually, cause of death.

Not strange to me at all - wait until tomorrow. I do believe that LE are treating this as a homicide investigation, but they can't call it that - just yet.

I doubt BL is in NY. But his attorney is.

This is plausible. More plausible than the storage unit story.
I still say the most plausible story and the one that makes the most sense is he left her because they broke up, he came home, told his parents they were through, they moved all her stuff into a storage unit and out of the house so she could pick it all up when she got back to town.

I am just so appalled that the 911 caller said Brian was slapping and hitting Gabby and yet the police report lists him as the victim.

It literally makes my stomach hurt, and not much can do that.

As a crisis counselor seeing that video sent me over the edge. They way that Gabby was handled not supported or given an opportunity to safely speak was unacceptable. Believe Women Believe the Witness. She was failed by so many including The Laundrie's who guaranteed have seen the abuse first hand since they all lived together.

Last edited:
I certainly think on Tuesday, he could have gotten on a plane. Was he even named a "person of interest" at that point? Certainly not a crime suspect.
yes but if he got on a plane they would know where... all of that is on record and they wouldn't be looking in FL right now

definition of crime of passion.. hope it helps…

Crime of Passion
yes, BL’s attorney is from NY but the family is in FL so that is a bit confusing why they are using a NY attorney if BL was supposed to be in FL… for LE questioning and so forth. Just strange to me.

They're from NY originally, and this attorney may also be able to practice in FL. When I was in college, I was a legal secretary and most of the lawyers had FL licenses because their clients were snowbirds that went to FL for the winter.

Could be someone that's always been their attorney or someone they know.

Sure, but, despite all the media attention on Gabby (and, by extension, Brian), he is really not at all distinctive or interesting looking. If he threw on a baseball cap and some shades on him, got enough cash for a burner phone and went to a Walmart, Target, wherever to buy a phone, nobody would think twice about it imo. Especially if he bought it before Gabby's media attention started picking up speed.
Agree, but I think the phone numbers called from a burner phone would be telling.

I believe all incoming calls/texts on the Laundrie's phones' have been thoroughly researched. If there are ones from a burner phone, believe me, LE has tracked it down.

JMO

I still say the most plausible story and the one that makes the most sense is he left her because they broke up, he came home, told his parents they were through, they moved all her stuff into a storage unit and out of the house so she could pick it all up when she got back to town.

Possible. And then he flew back because they considered reconciliation (as many relationships do after a breakup) and things went south.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak