Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO I think they were going to plead with Brian to come home. All signs pointed to it, I think, and his lawyer’s response to the media this evening could indicate it as well.

Maybe they cancelled it because he made contact with someone.

Or the FBI found things, it does say that after speaking with the FBI, he cancelled the presser.

They stated that had no money for a hotel when they were pulled over by LE in Utah, so where did the money for the 6 days hotel in Salt Lake City come from a few days later?

Did they have some money, but lied to LE about it?

Did one of Gabby's parents wire her some money? If so, I wonder what she told them.....that could've been an interesting conversation.
I still say the most plausible story and the one that makes the most sense is he left her because they broke up, he came home, told his parents they were through, they moved all her stuff into a storage unit and out of the house so she could pick it all up when she got back to town.

How does he explain going back then?

The autopsy on the body thought to be Gabby Petito's is scheduled for Tuesday, official says

The autopsy on remains discovered during the search for Gabby Petito is scheduled for Tuesday, the coroner told CNN.

He said officials would use photographs, personal identification, and DNA.

It is not clear when the findings of the autopsy will be made public.

Dr. Baden on Gabby Petito autopsy: Medical examination will determine 'any signs of violence'
Dr. Baden on Gabby Petito autopsy: Medical examination will determine 'any signs of violence'

Generally, they want a cause of death before it is declared a homicide. The autopsy is tomorrow.

I’m sure when they found Gabby they had an initial clue if it was homicide, accidental, animal or natural causes. Even with the decomp there are things that give that away on scene.
They're from NY originally, and this attorney may also be able to practice in FL. When I was in college, I was a legal secretary and most of the lawyers had FL licenses because their clients were snowbirds that went to FL for the winter.

Could be someone that's always been their attorney or someone they know.

aaahhh, makes sense now! Thanks! Idahoans go down to AZ for the same reason lol I used to live there.

I don't think she has to be "terrified" of abandonment. She could be really, really angry that he's taking her van and ruining her trip. He's also dissing her.

Perhaps they are both control freaks (she seems to admit that she's a bit controlling over matters of organization and cleanliness). The ID theft thing is really egregious - but she stayed with him through that. And despite "episodes" of sleeplessness and "hearing voices."

I also think the parents knew he had killed her before he arrived home - if he in fact arrived home and wasn't met part way by dad, who then took the van home.

Hard to say where he might be.

Taking the phone was taking away her lifeline, in case she needed to call for help or take pictures of various events. I also think it will end up being strangulation.
I agree w/what you're saying except I don't see any evidence of her being a "control freak".. I see evidence of her being convinced by an abusive partner that she's OCD because she likes things clean. It's beyond sad that this just wasn't a stepping stone for her into being a healthy adult who could look back and see his behavior as abusive. Her issues she likely would've grown out of if given the chance to liver her life. He however, seems like his issues were deeply engrained and enabled by his family.

if someone takes one of my possessions, I am entitled to use whatever reasonable force is necessary to get my possession back.
I'd like to see a source for your belief on this, but regardless, hitting someone is not reasonable force to get a phone back.
I think he also had the keys to her van. At that point, she wanted them back - and she's entitled to them.
Sure, but she can't commit a crime to get them back.

Possible. And then he flew back because they considered reconciliation (as many relationships do after a breakup) and things went south.
Exactly right, they talked and got back together and he decided to come hang to her and continue the trip .

No kidding! Dispersed camping can be pretty bottom of the barrel in some places. But other places-like Kaibab on the north rim of the Grand Canyon-one of the few places my aging bones will agree to camp. Car camp-but, still! And these days there is a lot of competition in popular spots for dispersed camping. There used to be just real outdoors people on BLM land or in the national forests but now every teen seemingly has some souped up camping vehicle.

question... how does dispersed camping work? if you leave...someone else can grab your spot? so if you get one you better hang onto it?
would people be driving around often looking for someone to leave on busy days or times

IIRC it's fairly straightforward to get from Jackson Hole to the nearest interstate (I-80). There are so many millions of people who go that way.
I doubt BL would have gone west into Idaho or east via Dubois etc., both of which are more remote and squiggly IIRC.

Yeah. Going south through Rock Springs is by far the easiest fastest way. And at that time of year, a tourist in a van isn't going to attract any notice. Just one in tens of thousands.

Here's a scenario I haven't heard mentioned yet: What if BL lied to his parents and said they broke up. Told them she was cheating on him or that she wronged him or betrayed him somehow- anything to make her look like the "bad guy" and justify the non-communication with GP's parents. He could have said he was so hurt that he had to come home and told them not to mention or talk about GP because it's too painful for him. Then when the heat got too intense with her being missing he realized his lie wasn't going to hold up so he took off and ran.

Just a thought..

It's possible, I suppose..
Truth is I don't have a clue what kind of people they are or what is the nature of their relationship with their son.
I couldn't even hazard the faintest guess.
And yet- I had an opinion! Based on nothing at all...
Every family is different.

So for everyone talking flights
you know all that's on record and traceable.... like you'd need a photo ID and unless Brian had totally set up a fake identity and gotten a state of the art ID to go with it, he's simply not hopping any flights.... same with his parents.
What is possible however is that he drove the car back or met the parents/someone else back halfway like someone mentioned in Texas, then fled. Its pretty easy to cross into Mexico by foot for a US resident.
anyway parents whereabouts and any connection with them/lawyer need to be investigated. I am 100% sure Brian never made it back to FL and was assisted (prob with help of lawyer) in making that happen. and totally distracting everyone to concentrate on FL. now that US marshalls are involved the hunt will get much more focused
but no planes and no cell phones involved. pay phones and cars, yes.

Pay phones?

I'd hate to have to be a person relying on finding functional pay phones in this day and age, with the addition of a mind frazzled beyond belief by being a fugitive. In some areas, you'd have to walk miles to find one; and finding one inorganically probably requires a cell phone to run a search for them in the first place.

He most certainly could have gotten onto a plane. But the FBI would know. They have flight manifests available readily. :)

Did the FBI have the manifests flagged before at minimum mid-Friday (?) though, once they first learned that BL's parents had lied about him being parked on his butt in their house for the past 3.5 days?

I would suggest "no", considering that the FBI clearly didn't correct or alert the North Port police at any point in time; thus he indeed had a minimum 2.5-day start however one slices it.

I’m sure when they found Gabby they had an initial clue if it was homicide, accidental, animal or natural causes. Even with the decomp there are things that give that away on scene.
yes I find it hard to believe no one would have seen a body in the open that long if it wasn't concealed in some way. it was remote but as bethunes footage shows, there are people all around there and not that far from the road, it would have been noticed by someone earlier if not concealled

Yes, the mess would not be what she intended. To clean the van up for another social media post would be a nightmare. I am

IMO the added factor is she had everything invested in this trip. The success of social media was imperative, and that success was based on the fantastic van journey and prefect relationship. Neither of which were going well, and she was all in both emotionally and financeially. If this failed they would be back living with his parents, and working at a juice bar. This is a hard train to get off of. Ending the relationship and stepping off, means going back to long island with nothing, even though IMO she would have been better off in weeks.

If BL was controlling, it was a prefect opportunity as he was part of all the above, he held the key. Her plan didn't happen without him.
actually, solo female van life YouTube channels are some the hottest commodities right now. In that sense, she’d have been better off without him. Sadly, with or without I’m not seeing that she had the “it” factor to grow a channel at breakneck speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong