Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless it wasn't Brian with the cell phone, or he panicked and just answered with the name he usually calls the grandpa and possibly the caller id name
He(BL) may have called her grandfather "Stan", but that's not how Gabby ever referred to her grandfather. It's a statement from her mother. Her mom knew that wasn't Gabby texting.

actually, solo female van life YouTube channels are some the hottest commodities right now. In that sense, she’d have been better off without him. Sadly, with or without I’m not seeing that she had the “it” factor to grow a channel at breakneck speed.

I point out it's interesting you say that, considering the amount of people who seem (I am presuming) up-in-arms that the Moab police even considered leaving Gabby alone in the van due to danger.

I mean, we still have people, yea verily, even single women, who pull to the side of an authorized road, park, etc.; and catch a few z's.

Some women indeed still road-trip on their own.

And, last but not least, it wasn't until very recently when we started worrying about the environment vs. wholehearted "car culture", that Americans started moving away from seeing their cars as their sanctuary/equivalent to freedom.

For all we OR the Moab police knew, AFAIK, Gabby was perfectly comfortable sleeping alone in her van/choosing it instead of a hotel room; thus I don't necessarily think they did anything wrong by giving Brian the hotel room and ceding her the van instead.

BREAKING: The Laundrie Family attorney has just canceled his press conference which was supposed to be held Tuesday at 1pm. He says he made the decision after speaking with the FBI tonight.

https://twitter.com/kristinthorne/status/1440131306319400965?s=21

Wild about the Laundrie presser being canceled. Here’s what’s also wild. @ChrisCuomo reported tonight that Laundrie attorney told him they DID report Brian didn’t come home last Tuesday to “authorities” on Tuesday. @NorthPortPolice told Cuomo it wasn’t reported to them…. So who?

https://twitter.com/tiffanyalaniz/status/1440133951419465729?s=21
I'm sure we aren't missing much, what would he say....mo comment? Smh

Yes, the mess would not be what she intended. To clean the van up for another social media post would be a nightmare. I am

IMO the added factor is she had everything invested in this trip. The success of social media was imperative, and that success was based on the fantastic van journey and prefect relationship. Neither of which were going well, and she was all in both emotionally and financeially. If this failed they would be back living with his parents, and working at a juice bar. This is a hard train to get off of. Ending the relationship and stepping off, means going back to long island with nothing, even though IMO she would have been better off in weeks.

If BL was controlling, it was a prefect opportunity as he was part of all the above, he held the key. Her plan didn't happen without him.

This generation’s obsession with social media leads to anxiety, stress, and depression. The constant need to live an “Instagram worthy lifestyle”, to create the reality you want to live, while disregarding true reality. It’s not easy to be a kid/ young adult these days.

Hopefully, this teaches the tik tok community that things aren’t as they seem on social media. Hopefully, these kids learn life is meaningful even if the “good” isn’t documented on SM.

yes I find it hard to believe no one would have seen a body in the open that long if it wasn't concealed in some way. it was remote but as bethunes footage shows, there are people all around there and not that far from the road, it would have been noticed by someone earlier if not concealled

I feel like we all might have different definitions of "people all around there."

I point out it's interesting you say that, considering the amount of people who seem (I am presuming) up-in-arms that the Moab police even considered leaving Gabby alone in the van due to danger.

I mean, we still have people, yea verily, even single women, who pull to the side of an authorized road, park, etc.; and catch a few z's.

Some women indeed still road-trip on their own.

And, last but not least, it wasn't until very recently when we started worrying about the environment vs. wholehearted "car culture", that Americans started moving away from seeing their cars as their sanctuary/equivalent to freedom.

For all we OR the Moab police knew, AFAIK, Gabby was perfectly comfortable sleeping alone in her van/choosing it instead of a hotel room; thus I don't necessarily think they did anything wrong by giving Brian the hotel room and ceding her the van instead.

I would always like to be the one with the keys and the car.

yes I find it hard to believe no one would have seen a body in the open that long if it wasn't concealed in some way. it was remote but as bethunes footage shows, there are people all around there and not that far from the road, it would have been noticed by someone earlier if not concealled
Only if someone travelled to it and there was really no good reason that I could see to travel in there.
It's quite possible she lay there unseen.

The FBI can search flight manifests for past flights and would know if he had flown and where to focus their search efforts.

Sure; and I say again: I bet $1,000 nobody at the FBI did so until Friday when his family sent out the SOS to LE, three days after (Tuesday) the family had last told LE "oh yeah, Brian's under our roof".

This leaves him three days to flee. Was I unclear somehow?

In the intervening three days, he could have wound up anywhere.

question... how does dispersed camping work? if you leave...someone else can grab your spot? so if you get one you better hang onto it?
would people be driving around often looking for someone to leave on busy days or times

you can leave an odd chair or some such to keep your spot. Folks are usually pretty good about it IME.

Sure; and I say again: I bet $1,000 nobody at the FBI did so until Friday when his family sent out the SOS to LE, three days after (Tuesday) the family had last told LE "oh yeah, Brian's under our roof".

This leaves him three days to flee. Was I unclear?
Fair point - but they would know now. If they knew he flew out of the Country, or out of State, they wouldn't have wasted time and money searching the reserve. IMVHO

I think they both would have assumed that the very, very public scene near the food co-op was why they were being pulled over. They would have both have gone into the encounter with two goals: 1) Stopping the police from arresting him, and 2) Getting on their way as quickly as possible.

She thought that it was a given that they were worried about her wellbeing. That's why she immediately took the blame as soon as she got out of the van.

You can see that they are both astonished when it starts to become clear that the police think that she's the abuser. I don't think it occurred to either of them that anyone would think she was an abuser -- but it did occur to both of them that people would think that he was.

Excellent point.

BREAKING: The Laundrie Family attorney has just canceled his press conference which was supposed to be held Tuesday at 1pm. He says he made the decision after speaking with the FBI tonight.

FBI is turning that screw on them.... they are totally gonna get charged with something soon.
BTW not sure if this was mentioned recently but since this was on Federal Land it would be a Federal Case... in that case they can have a grand jury call the parents in for questioning and while Brian could plead the 5th, the parent could not plead the 5th before the grand jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPOL1566