Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why BL called him "Stan", not "Grampa", "Pappa", or "Old Man". BL knew the man, and referred to him as such. Not how Stan's granddaughter would've. To my kids, and their cousins, my father is Gramps. To their SO's? Neil.

Yeah, this points to him having control of the phone. However, he could just as easily say "I had her phone and she asked me to text about her Grandpa....I had a brain fart and forgot I was supposed to be using her voice....blah blah blah..." I mean, easily explained away (not that I believe it, but he could say it for sure.)

Arches park ranger warned Gabby Petito her relationship with Brian Laundrie seemed ‘toxic’

Melissa Hulls can still hear Gabby Petito’s voice.

On Aug. 12, the visitor and resource protection supervisor at Arches National Park, heard a call come over her radio of a possible domestic assault, stemming from an argument in Moab between Petito and her fiance, Brian Laundrie.

“I was probably more candid with her than I should've been,” Hulls recalls, warning Petito that her and Laundrie’s relationship had the markings of a “toxic” one.

question... how does dispersed camping work? if you leave...someone else can grab your spot? so if you get one you better hang onto it?
would people be driving around often looking for someone to leave on busy days or times
You leave some gear to claim your space... like a chair, a table, tarp, etc. Weigh it down so it won't blow. Dispersed camping usu has clear pull outs/spaces if not a fire pit. Most people are respectful enough to not take your spot or be right up on you if you even leave just a chair.

Jeremy Harris on Twitter
NOW: we located this cross in the area of Spread Creek where investigators indicated they found the body believed to be #GabbyPetito . There are obvious signs that this area was extensively surveyed by crime scene techs. @KUTV2News

9:01 PM · Sep 20, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Jeremy Harris on Twitter
While not confirmed with police, I do believe this was likely the spot where she was found. Investigators had this area locked down until approximately an hour and a half ago, and there are paint marks all around this spot, likely for measurements from a CSI team. @KUTV2News

9:09 PM · Sep 20, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

g40001.gif

QUESTIONS:

In the body cam video released by the New York Times on YouTube, at 41:56 Brian reaches into the vehicle to grab Gabby's phone. At 41:59, the officer sticks her hand out to grab the phone. Brian avoids this, and proceeds to do something with the phone before handing it to the officer.

1) Was Brian unlocking the phone? Was he controlling her communication and only he knew the password?

2) Was Brian checking the phone for messages or notifications before handing it over to the officer - is this controlling behavior?

3) What was Brian doing?

Has this been discussed in any of the 20 threads?

I’ve thought of the possibility he was controlling her phone also. The change in posting style as of July 30, the fact that the Aug 12 incident appeared somewhat related to her trying to grab her phone, and finally his belittling her efforts at the social media success they were striving for. I can totally picture him taking control because she was doing it wrong and he’d do better, and also just simply as a control tool too.

Arches park ranger warned Gabby Petito her relationship with Brian Laundrie seemed ‘toxic’

Hulls detailed the complexing, difficult — and often scrutinized — relationship between law enforcement and domestic violence situations. Sometimes the choice is clear, and knowing the victim is in imminent danger can make the responding officer’s job easier. But it’s not always black and white.

“Sometimes you get evidence and they don’t own up to it, and they’re just lying to your face and it’s unsafe, and you know that something more is going to happen if you let them go home together. That’s a much easier decision to arrest,” she said. “With this one, I just don’t think she understood how big a deal this was.”

So they separated the couple. Petito took the van, Laundrie was taken to a hotel, and a few days later, they were back on the road, headed north to Salt Lake City.

I wonder whether the Laundrie family thought the autopsy would be today and thought their attorney could have some initial response to it tomorrow? On the other hand, are initial results from the autopsy usually released fairly quickly, or does LE usually wait for lab work (for instance, toxicology results), which can take weeks?

MOO
Autopsy results can be pretty quick, provided toxicology isn't necessary to determine cause of death. I wouldn't be surprised to learn the preliminary results tomorrow, despite her body being exposed to the elements for a few weeks.

It really comes down to how he did it, but many methods show tell-tale signs.

Personally, I don't think that's the reason he cancelled.

They decided to give it another shot. How many times have you, in your life, broken up/got back together/broken up/gotten back together.....? (I have and most people I know have done this....not unusual, especially at that age.)

I suppose that's possible. I guess if that was what happened, they'll have cell phone records of lots of calls or texts back and forth.

(Irrelevant, but: Actually I never have. We've been together 42 years today.)

Autopsy results can be pretty quick, provided toxicology isn't necessary to determine cause of death. I wouldn't be surprised to learn the preliminary results tomorrow, despite her body being exposed to the elements for a few weeks.

Agreed. I don't think it has anything to do with the autopsy.

I was just going to ask a similar question. Anyone think he may never be found?

I still am 50/50 on whether or not he harmed himself. If that is the case, his body might not be found for a long time. I do think if he is moving around or even hidden out he will eventually be found. He is widely known now so with cameras, etc he would surface.

Agreed. I don't think it has anything to do with the autopsy.

Assuming that was in fact BL, the tiktoker can tell us what he SAID he did. There's no way of knowing whether he told her the truth. It might have been some version of the truth, but more likely it was a fabrication to build himself an alibi.

Agree. Her sighting has not been proven to be him. I am going ahead and accepting she didn't make up the entire encounter, but possibly misidentified it as him.

<modsnip: Discuss the case, not other members of the forum> I will recap :) I had been reading about how rugged the area is and someone has said he couldn't even have hiked the snake river because their are no trails. I had taken that at face value until I saw the chopper video of the remains location. I didn't see a rugged area. I saw a cow pasture next to a creek and started thinking about how hard it would be to hike 15-20 miles through that area. Looking at google maps and street view it doesn't look very hard at all. So I started reconsidering that encounter at Culter Bay (if said encounter actually occurred)

Last edited by a moderator:
He could, but at some point he would run out of money. More jobs on this side of the border.

JMO

Does BL strike you as the type of guy who has ever wanted to work? I think someone is arranging for cash for him to lay low just to buy him time. I'm not sure anyone expects his life on the run to last forever. It's a way to let the public outrage die down. Find a great lawyer and get a legal strategy arranged. I'm sure there are lawyers right now hoping to take on his case, just for the publicity and I think his family thinks he'll be set free and be more famous than ever. Then he can do a book deal, maybe a movie. Despicable, but the wheels for all this could already be turning. He's the victim, after all, in his own story.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member