Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeremy Harris on Twitter
NOW: we located this cross in the area of Spread Creek where investigators indicated they found the body believed to be #GabbyPetito . There are obvious signs that this area was extensively surveyed by crime scene techs. @KUTV2News

9:01 PM · Sep 20, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Jeremy Harris on Twitter
While not confirmed with police, I do believe this was likely the spot where she was found. Investigators had this area locked down until approximately an hour and a half ago, and there are paint marks all around this spot, likely for measurements from a CSI team. @KUTV2News

9:09 PM · Sep 20, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

g40001.gif
Those stones and rocks worry me.

Campers haven't been allowed there since they started searching.

I doubt very much it’s where she was actually found. She was found across the creek and up a wash on the flats, so to speak. I stated the cross may have been put there by a camper. A memorial some kind soul made because they knew what happened. It’s hard to ignore choppers, news, ME vans when camping. They closed the area off but I doubt they made everyone already there leave since the area is dispersed and the sites are large. I think the campers with the red truck were closest and they were probably 1/4 mile from the van. Which BTW was not parked in a camping site. It was just in a pull off area.
But someone made that cross . . .

Murder, Murderer. Please can someone tell me why this is being stated as fact. Granted it's very possible but we don't know yet.

I'm also struggling with all the "quotes" without links. Brian didn't say she hit him. The officer asked him how he got the scratches. He said she was trying to get the keys off him. He didn't call her "crazy". "He doesn't have a phone" has been misinterpreted. Strangled because there was a picture of him with his hand on her neck? I could go on but I fear I've said too much as it is.

People stating things as fact can escalate rapidly so some are constantly having to search for links in order to keep facts straight.

I strongly feel he killed her. Accident or intentional I don't know because I'm waiting for the autopsy results.

I hope they find out where they were on the 26th when they were on their way to Yellowstone. They were spotted at a store in Victor. Where did they stay the night of the 26???? Do we have any information on this?

Also I think it was on his Instagram that he had hiked the Appalachian Trail alot. Does anyone remember seeing that? He could be headed that way since he seemed confident in that.

Last edited:
I'm sure someone has already said this, but couldn't Brian have gotten a cheap burner phone from Walmart or wherever and just paid in cash and not have any tangible evidence linking him to it? There are ways of not having LE track you through phones.
If they don't know your phone, they can't track it. Burners can work if used properly, at both ends.

I wonder if someone else flew out to Wyoming, helped BL get to an airport, and then drove van back to Fla. Then his Mustang was staged at the park, throwing his trail off. His parents then brought Mustang back home. Why would they bring it home, if their son might need it to get home in? Did any neighbors mention seeing BL? Surely some of them have cameras.

After watching the interview of Dr. Phil with Gabby's dad, I observed that BL had been emasculated quite a few times in a short period. I wonder if that was always a problem for him or a point of contention for him. His resentment was boiling over.

- deemed "battered" by police and put up in a Women's Shelter
- didn't own the van
- didn't have a cell phone, only a cell used for texting (as a child would have)
- GP's father called him Brianne
- GP's disapproval of how he lived in the van // cleanliness // "I can't help if my feet are dirty." (like a child)
- GP and BL lived with his parents
- GP was dominating Nomadic Static, and the whole point of the trip was for her travel blog and potential career.
- BL was described as "jealous and controlling."
- and so on.
And he had the monk pattern balding at a very young age. I belong to a family who have, what I have always thought as premature balding, but my families started in the late thirties, not early twenties. Some older men than he are sensitive about that.

You don't need to explain anything regarding disclosures.

I was correcting the original commenter that posted Gabby wasn't given a safe space to speak when, going by the LEO's bodycam footage, she was.

Whether Gabby choose to disclose is another matter and not what was being discussed.

Ha, as if that would do any good!

It doesn't matter that she was "given the opportunity to speak with LE and tell them what happened" ....thats NOT how it works!

Let me explain:

A DV victim is never going to say anything to incriminate her abuser with her abuser sitting a few yards away!

It would make the situation 100 times worse afterwards when everyone has gone. The abuse would be worse for daring to tell the truth and expose him!

Plus, when LE pulled them over SHE was seen as the abuser, despite the 911 caller telling police HE who was hitting HER.

Last edited:
IMO BL came back, van and all, because he needed his Mom. He figured she'd protect him. Voilà, she evidently is doing just that. They even concealed the white van in the garage; no one need have been any the wiser.
He may also have thought there was evidence of some kind in the van. Best to hide it while he worked at it to make sure he didn't leave anything compromising in it. This might have been paranoia as much as anything else.
Yep, he came home to Momma. I can't see him ever going abroad, let alone living there. Nor can I see him ever hanging out in the wilderness, except maybe in his dreams. He doesn't seem to have the mettle for it. You can just hike to a trail shelter and hang out if you want non-hikers to think you're a "skilled outdoorsman"; no one will be any the wiser, except maybe the real hikers you encounter, who might well be rolling their eyes.
AT legend: a group of FBI agents once who went out there, yep, looking like FBI agents in spiffy hiking get up and polished shoes, tripping down the trail, and couldn't eat a whole pizza between them. Dead giveaway. Busted. They were there looking for a fugitive (the Atlanta bomber? who was eventually caught just off the trail rummaging in the garbage of someone's vacant cabin.).
I was at a hostel on the AT where the hostel supervisor—a Presbyterian minister—turned someone into LE because he was making up crazy stuff (much of which was BS-ed after I went to bed, evidently), and she'd been around the block a few times and could size people up. She might have been warned by other hostelers further down the trail, as well. One tall tale I did hear: he said he was going to travel by dog sled from the Katahdin terminus across Canada to Alaska. His trail name was Iditrod, because he couldn't spell Iditarod correctly lol. And there was no snow at that time of year. It turned out, the FBI was looking for him.
So, yeah, there's a danger if you're faking it, you're not gonna make it very far. You will be noticed, even if no one says anything to you.
BBM
Based on the pics I saw today, there is no prayer that van went in the garage. It's packed floor to ceiling with stuff.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 11.12.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 11.12.15 PM.png
    796.5 KB · Views: 135
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 11.12.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 11.12.25 PM.png
    766 KB · Views: 128
The new pics of the supposed site GP was found have changed my idea around what happened. I originally thought something happened in the van and then he moved her. After seeing that beautiful view I think that they set up camp or a spot to eat and take in the view and it all happened right there. So terribly sad, heartbreaking, and confusing. All IMO.
I think it all happened right there, but she was running away from him, and he caught up to her and killed her.
I don't believe the van was at a "spot".

That's why BL called him "Stan", not "Grampa", "Pappa", or "Old Man". BL knew the man, and referred to him as such. Not how Stan's granddaughter would've. To my kids, and their cousins, my father is Gramps. To their SO's? Neil.

Yes that was my point

Congrats! 42 years is a big deal. I'm just at 20 this past June. Also, that cat is absolutely magnificent! What a majestic beast.

I did the break up, back together again cycles once. It was awful. I wish Gabby would have been able to learn her worth and move into her bright future. Seeing her cry in that video must be gut wrenching for her Dad. BL better hope he doesn't come across him first.

I wish you many more happy years together.

The cat thanks you. He knows he's beautiful. :rolleyes:

I feel so bad for her family. So much pain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong