Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was likely a traffic camera not a toll booth. Nor was there any money involved.

The closest toll booth to North Port is the Sunshine Skyway Bridge over to St Pete. The other toll cameras are in Tampa. He would have come straight down I-75 south. There isn’t any toll booths. They are a rarity on the west coast of Florida.

It was a license plate reader.

The whole calling grandpa Stan thing… Are we thinking he was texting pretending to be her? Why would HE say Stan if that was the case?
Her mother made the point that she never referred to her grandfather by his name.
But if Stan had been calling her phone and there were a number of missed calls from him, he couldn't very well return the calls if she was no longer alive because the grandfather would know he was not talking to his grandchild.
He could try texting her mother though, pretending he couldn't get through to Stan or whatever..

I wonder if someone else flew out to Wyoming, helped BL get to an airport, and then drove van back to Fla. Then his Mustang was staged at the park, throwing his trail off. His parents then brought Mustang back home. Why would they bring it home, if their son might need it to get home in? Did any neighbors mention seeing BL? Surely some of them have cameras.
To me, his parents going to the park ) that they later told LE he said he was going to) and driving the Mustang back to their...all sounds like part of a plan.

1. If they thought he was just going into that reserve area to do some alone time hiking, he'd need the car to get home. Makes no sense to take it.

2. If they thought he'd gone into that reserve area to commit suicide, wouldn't they be a couple of cold-hearted parents. I think they're not and care deeply for their son.

3. If though they knew he was going on the lamb without the Mustang, it makes sense they'd go get it.

4. If they and Brian wanted it to look like he went into the reserve, they 'd have left the car there.

Looking like it's number 3 to me. AJMO
I hope his parents have come clean about all they know. If not...arrest them. Again AJMO

A DV victim is never going to say anything to incriminate her abuser with her abuser sitting a few yards away!
If a victim isn't going to spill the beans on their abuser because they would 'pay for it later', why would that victim, scratch, hit, leap through the window and create a public scene big enough for someone to call 911?

I hope that is what most people will go there for, but I fear its going to end up to be a "must do" Instagram spot like the Chris McCandless bus picture, but much more assessible. (before anyone says it, I know the bus has been moved and there is now a replica somewhere right on the highway where you can get a similar picture taken)
I was going for the camping and scenery. Not for any other reason.

What? During the traffic stop? He didn’t get GPs phone out of the van….she had her phone….didn’t she? He got his phone out for the officer.

The police report specifically states the witness reporting that the altercation he saw was the two of them fighting over a phone. That was prior to police involvement.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>All day I've been seeing about how the police didn't know about BL slapping GP... BOLDED BELOW from the police report.

"MCPD officers were dispatched to a report of a domestic problem that had taken place near the Moonflower Co-op. It appeared that a male and female had left the scene traveling north on Main in a white Ford Transit van with a black ladder on the rear after the male and female had engaged in some sort of altercation. It wasn't clear, but I believe it was reported the male had been observed to have assaulted the female"

The police were heading to a domestic disturbance... OBVIOUSLY they are going to have a close eye on the male and look for indications on the female of an assault.

Last edited by a moderator:
And he had the monk pattern balding at a very young age. I belong to a family who have, what I have always thought as premature balding, but my families started in the late thirties, not early twenties. Some older men than he are sensitive about that.
I'm not fond of the baldness insults. I think BL was accepting of it to an extent as he joked about it with the police. Also, considering baldness is a distinctively masculine trait, exhibiting dominance, confidence, and masculinity, so I don't think that it would be emasculating. He could be insecure about his attractiveness because of it, though. In contrast, pattern baldness would negatively affect a woman by making her feel less feminine because it's not a common feminine trait.

Last edited:
I know...I'm surprised this only came out today! Wow

Me too! Usually, everyone comes out of the woodwork to talk about people in these cases. I have been searching for a week for something like this; I can't believe it took this long, especially with all the news people and neighbors that have been around for days and days!

Not to be blunt, but I don't think she was intact when she was found. I don't know how they could get time of death from a body that's been out in the elements for weeks. They might not even be able to determine whether it was a homicide or something else. I guess we wait and see.

My understanding from those that saw the early raw aerial footage of her body indicated there was clothes, hair, etc... so perhaps she was mostly intact.

Also, time of death in cases like this can be determined by insect activity among many other things. That's not to say they could determine it down to the minute but they can surely confirm it was nearer to 21 days ago than it was to 30, for example.

The whole calling grandpa Stan thing… Are we thinking he was texting pretending to be her? Why would HE say Stan if that was the case?
Maybe he wanted her mom to question it because he wanted Gabby to be found sooner rather than later... I can’t think of another explanation for it. /JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288