Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea but it only works if the person on the other end understands the message. I'm this case it's extra convoluted because her grandpa is named Stan.

The odd text message that was said “can you help Stan?”

Could have potentially been her saying “Send The Authorities Now”.

Just speculating of course.

Bumble is also a friending app… it’s a way to find new friends. Separate from dating. There’s no reason such information needs to be “left out”, people use it all over the world. GP moved from NY to Florida and was obviously looking for friends in her new town. It’s called Bumble BFF and is for finding “besties”. Not dating!

Bumble BFF really helped my sister when she went through a break-up and ended up with no friends. Makes my heart break even more for Gabby - knowing she was in a state, far away from her family, looking for someone to be her friend. I'm glad she found Rose.

The van seat, when picture was taken in for forensic evidence and showed in the conference is covered in a white sheet, there’s also a brown envelope type thing on there too. Wonder why this seat particular is covered, it’s not the drivers seat it’s the passenger side where she was always sat. Strange, that his seat isn’t covered. I wonder why it’s covered the particular seat. IMO

I zoomed in a little and it seems like part of the seat isn't covered. I wonder if the item is something that Gabby left behind as a passenger. A blanket or sheet, just to make herself more comfortable? Or maybe it is covering something - like blood?

The odd text message that was said “can you help Stan?”

Could have potentially been her saying “Send The Authorities Now”.

Just speculating of course.
Yeah, it's hard to tell from that message if someone is asking for help for Stan or themselves. With a comma it would appear to be the latter. It's impossible to know what was going on in the mind of the sender, but I can see why it would lead Gabby's mom to worry. She seemed to think it was not from Gabby since she never called her grandfather Stan. IMO

Wow, poor Gabby :'(

I'm glad they found her so quickly. Let's hope her body is still in good enough shape to get a cause of death.

I've been trying to read all the threads for days and trying to get to the end to make a post, but for the first time I can't keep up with a WS thread haha

Just a quick thought, not sure if anyone has said this, but I think Brian has been gone longer than Tuesday. The mustang was brought back some time overnight Tuesday, so they must have gone out to look for the car Tuesday, and saw the note saying the car needed to be moved. The car must have already been sitting at the reserve for a few days before that for them to notice it and put a note on it. I fear he is long gone.

Thanks for all the great posting in these threads!

RIP Gabby

I'm curious about their "van life." For comparison, Esther Dingley, her partner and five dogs lived an organized "van life" for six years in the Swiss Alps and Pyrenees. They didn't sleep in a tent beside the van, their clothes were put away and they slept in the van except when mountain hiking.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the van? I'm curious whether there's a 6 ft stretch where they could sleep in the van if their things were organized. How tall is he?

This matters in terms of understanding whether she was accidentally murdered next to the campsite - manslaughter, or whether she was strangled, perhaps in the van to avoid being seen by passing campsite traffic?

Doesn't van-life mean having a bed in a van?

Vanlife in general just refers to living out of the van, regardless of bed setup. Most have a bed, but some only sleep outside.

Their rig had a bed, but it was very small and may or may not have been able to fold out. It looked like the layout was designed for one person.

I vanlifed for several months out of a Chrysler Town and Country and had enough room for a futon. I had room for supplies, clothes, and workspace but no room for an extra person. Their rig was the same width as mine and only about a foot longer. It would have been very cramped for two people.

Thanks for the replies on the AllTrails.
I have not used the app and had no experience with it.

Good morning to you all from the UK. We have had very little coverage of this tragic case here in the media – I stumbled across it on <modsnip> over the weekend while looking for something else. My sincerest condolences to Gabby's family and loved ones; they must be going through utter hell. Hopefully we will have more answers today.

It has taken me a while to wrap my head around the details of this case, as so much about the behaviour of BL and his parents is utterly baffling to me – I almost couldn't believe what I was reading, things like BL casually driving Gabby's van back without her and this going unremarked on and BL's parents again casually retrieving his car after he disappeared... It all screams a coverup to me. MOO.

I myself am in two minds as to whether BL is still alive or not – and if he is still alive, where he is. I would be very interested to hear the thoughts of WSers on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a trail camera picture from Baker Florida this morning circulating on Facebook and Twitter that shows someone resembling BL carrying a backpack that looks like the one in the front seat of the van on the Youtubers' video.

Edited to add: Baker FL is in the Florida Panhandle, not far from AL.

Facebook

That county is actually more east. It is on the Florida - Georgia line, not too far from Jacksonville.

Wow, poor Gabby :'(

I'm glad they found her so quickly. Let's hope her body is still in good enough shape to get a cause of death.

Rip Gabby
The weather near Jackson has been hot in the day (nearing the 90s some days but mostly around 70s-80s) and near-freezing or freezing (40s-20s) at night. It's also super dry. I don't know how that exactly would factor into decomposition, but I think she was better off than most think. As for animal activity, she was found really close to the campsite. Big animals would probably stay away. Smaller ones like birds maybe not.

I zoomed in a little and it seems like part of the seat isn't covered. I wonder if the item is something that Gabby left behind as a passenger. A blanket or sheet, just to make herself more comfortable? Or maybe it is covering something - like blood?
If LE had found blood in the van I think they would have obtained a search warrant for the home right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo