Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
If BL’s family is supporting his flight, why would they report him missing rather than maintain their silence? Wouldn’t it make more sense for them to wait for him to be named a suspect and then say “oh, by the way, we haven’t seen him?” They certainly opened themselves up more scrutiny and investigation by filing a missing persons report, imo.
I think they must have known that if they did that -- maintain silence until he's a suspect and THEN say they hadn't seen him since whenever -- that would've landed them in even more trouble and public scrutiny, and maybe even the threat of criminal charges against them. They gave him as much of a head start as they thought they safely could, and then "did the right thing" (gag) by speaking up.

Perhaps. Let's say, he actually felt guilt over what happened. He knew what he was facing, couldn't live with himself, and decided to return home one more time to see his parents. Maybe they tried to talk him out of it, but failed to do so and decide to have a couple of normal days to just live their son as they knew him, and he heads out.

When he doesn't return, they know he's went through with his plan and report him missing. Why wouldn't they help look for him? I can't imagine just leaving him to the elements. And similarly, I can't imagine not knowing where he was and not pleading for him to come in through all means. I don't think I could be resigned to just leave it as it is.

I posted a link before, from ABC7, that said that his parents were out there on Wednesday and Thursday looking for him. Then they had their lawyer call the police.

The thing that happens is that we judge situations by what we think we would do, but we are not them. We actually have no idea what they would do. Perhaps they have searched there as much as their own physical limitations will allow.

If BL was home in FL for nearly 2 weeks, he had plenty of time to prepare himself for hiding. He could have easily ordered or purchased supplies in that amount of time, as well as researched how to survive outdoors. Maybe the FBI found evidence of all this during their search yesterday.

Just google…Brian Laundrie caught on trail cam. It will pop up.
Don’t know if this is an acceptable site to post here.

I noticed the backpack looks just like the object sitting in the driver's seat in the white van caught on the YouTuber's video. The Florida couple with the footage of the father driving with the cute dogs in the RV.
Whiteish backpack with black straps.

Didn't

Didn't He secure a lawyer almost immediately? I. Pretty sure if they had taken him in it wouldn't have done any good at that point.. no body, no evidence, etc
Yes, he did.

But they would, at the very least, have laid eyes on him instead of taking his parents' word for it.

They didn't even try to be creative without infringing upon his rights. There have been so many expert attorneys and other legal experts who have stated as much. And I want to know why.

The search for Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito's fiancé, resumes today in the Carlton Reserve. Here's why it's been so hard to find him
Brian Laundrie: Search for Gabby Petito's fiancé resumes today in the Carlton Reserve. Here's why it's been so hard to find him - CNN

I have been skip reading threads all weekend. Just throwing out some thoughts in the form of questions.
1. Why is the search in the reserve now continuing?
2. Is it a search or a recovery?
3. What did FBI find that
a. made them resumevsearch there?
b. communicate to Laundrie family attorney that prompted him to cancel news conference?
4. Where else have FBI looked for BL? Why?

Anyone else notice the indents below the stones - this means its been there a little longer than a day or two.

The texture of the sand also shows its rained recently as it gives that effect on stand - when was the last time it rained there?

I would say those stones have been there long enough to experience a heavy rain and the sand below them has been washed away.
They were supposed to get snow on the mountain the night Gabby was found.

I don't know why I feel LE wouldn't announce the actual location they are searching for him? Especially given the media frenzy.
Agreed, look over here at what we are doing......while they are doing something else. Not to mention the bonus of having BL think they are looking at the CR & not where they think he is. It is a thought. I just hate the idea that all those resources are being wasted either way.

I don't know. I think he's only dead if he's in the marsh and if he succumbed to the harsh environment. Narcissists typically don't kill themselves, their self-view is one of superiority and self-importance (i.e. Chris Watts, Scott Peterson, Patrick Frazee). Not to say it doesn't happen though. Fotis Dulos only did it after he had been to jail and it was clear LE had his guilty number. BL hasn't been named as a suspect yet, so he may still think he has a chance.

i wouldn’t think he’d be on the run, then. I’d think he’d be like the other people you mentioned who “cooperated” with police, played innocent and acted like nothing happened. Instead BL is on the run. We know the parents alerted the police to that. If they helped him get away and know he’s somewhere safe with their help, why would they bring the police in and bring all this attention to him NOT being home? Like you said, he hasn’t been named an official suspect so he’d have no real reason to flee at all if he thought he was potentially going to get away with it?

i think the parents noticed a missing gun and realized he went off into the woods with it and haven’t heard from him since. If the police got a search warrant for the home I’m assuming they have warrants foe all kinds of things including phone, bank, etc., records, and that’s why they are more certain than not he’s still in that reservoir.

If BL was home in FL for nearly 2 weeks, he had plenty of time to prepare himself for hiding. He could have easily ordered or purchased supplies in that amount of time, as well as researched how to survive outdoors. Maybe the FBI found evidence of all this during their search yesterday.
That’s a good point.

On the timeline, I don’t see anything on the 26th. <modsnip - no link> I think they started to head up to Yosemite and gabby was working on her next video and Brian was getting very angry because he didn’t want to go to Yosemite and definitely didn’t want to meet up with Gabby’s friend. I read somewhere that when they got pulled over, the fight started because Gabby was working on social media too long and he wanted to hike. I believe he’s narcissistic and was threatened because Gabby had a project and everything was not about him! I wonder if he killed her out of rage on the evening of the 26th (strangling or suffocating is my guess) and then drove to spread creek to dispose of her because he was not in Yosemite yet and he wanted to go somewhere with very few people. I think he sent the <modsnip - no link> to the friend and the text to her mom about Stan using Gabby’s phone because he didn’t want the family to think anything was up. I don’t think he’s very smart, <modsnip> Then I think he carries her out of the van in a tarp, buries her in a shallow grave, and then hikes to the showers, changes and cleans up and then hitchhikes back to the van. The TikTok person mentions he is only carrying a tarp. Then he drives home to florida. Oh and sends that final text on the 30th with the wrong park. Again, <modsnip> or not very bright? Updates Spotify, drives home. I think his parents must have given him a ton of cash to make his getaway. I hope they find him and I hope they find him alive!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Heck no. No conscience, no guilt.
The facts of his silence and running off are indications of consciousness of guilt. He knows that he is responsible for Gabby's death and the absolute misery he has inflicted on not only her family, but, his own. He has ruined a lot of lives. He either killed himself, or he is just trying to survive until he is nailed.

If he planned on suicide, I don't think the parents knew. If they did, what exactly would be the justification for continuing to remain silent? If they thought he wasn't alive, wouldn't they just say that?
Potential scenario: Tuesday BL tells parents he's going to the reserve to get his head straight. He often does this so it's normal behavior and they accept it at face value. Tuesday night he calls/texts to say he's staying out a few days more so come get the car before it's towed. They keep in contact and then on Thursday night he is talking about taking his life. They think they talk him out of it. Friday morning there is no contact from him and they get worried. A few hours go by with no text and they suspect he has done it. They call the lawyer, he calls LE and now LE has all the excuse they need to lay hands on him for a few minutes and hopefully ask him a few wu stone before returning the parents home

If they really thought he was dead, I think a statement saying as such would be made. They are being drug through the ringer, wouldn't they want to get it over with so they could have a chance to grieve themselves?

Regardless of what he did, he's still their child. I cannot imagine how I would feel if I was put in this situation. If I knew my child had something to do with it or if I knew my child was dead, I would be grieving the loss of my child either way, because that's what happened. Their child made a terrible decision, by any action he's made up to this point, and now they're dealing with the consequences of that as well. Regardless of how everybody else feels about him that much, I'm sure they loved him dearly. If they had information, they could make this a lot easier, maybe they truly don't know anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea