Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he planned on suicide, I don't think the parents knew. If they did, what exactly would be the justification for continuing to remain silent? If they thought he wasn't alive, wouldn't they just say that?
Potential scenario: Tuesday BL tells parents he's going to the reserve to get his head straight. He often does this so it's normal behavior and they accept it at face value. Tuesday night he calls/texts to say he's staying out a few days more so come get the car before it's towed. They keep in contact and then on Thursday night he is talking about taking his life. They think they talk him out of it. Friday morning there is no contact from him and they get worried. A few hours go by with no text and they suspect he has done it. They call the lawyer, he calls LE and now LE has all the excuse they need to lay hands on him for a few minutes and hopefully ask him a few questions before returning him to his parents home

If he’d driven it would’ve been captured by the same license plate reader that got him arriving in FL on the 1st. Either way, she was alive in that time so it’s probably not a gap in the timeline that matters too much to investigators right now IMO.
I completely agree that it's not important to LE at this point. But I'm curious as to whether it was a story she told her family as to not worry them that they were having issues on this long trip, or if it actually happened. It's bizarre to me that it would happen in the middle of a planned trip anyway.
I had asked in a previous thread about whether there had been something solid that shows he went to FL, such as plate readers or plane tickets. Never heard one way or the other & it's not readily available in msm. That I'm able to find anyway.

If BL was home in FL for nearly 2 weeks, he had plenty of time to prepare himself for hiding. He could have easily ordered or purchased supplies in that amount of time, as well as researched how to survive outdoors. Maybe the FBI found evidence of all this during their search yesterday.
Exactly. I wonder how he got out of the house without anyone seeing him. JMO but watching the news, it looked like there were always groups of people in front of the Laundrie home.

Edited to correct spelling.

Last edited:
I'm not sure anyone who believes he is in there thinks he intended to stay alive in there....
There are stories of neighborhood dogs going missing and later found inside a dead gator. Between gators, snakes, and other wildlife in Florida...he's not staying in a swamp and still living through that.

My opinion - he's not in the reserve. Evidence is in the reserve.

Anyone else notice the indents below the stones - this means its been there a little longer than a day or two.

The texture of the sand also shows its rained recently as it gives that effect on stand - when was the last time it rained there?

I would say those stones have been there long enough to experience a heavy rain and the sand below them has been washed away.
Yes, I think you are right. Good observations. Can fingerprints be lifted from rocks?

She was using Bumble FOR FRIENDS! It’s NOT the dating app!

Yeah it's so weird. She met her friend Rose off Bumble who is the one who claimed Brian was controlling. I just question who else was she talking to on such a dating app and why Brian would be okay with her being on such an app? or was he not okay with it which made him become controlling over what she's doing on her phone? I can kinda understand why she would use such an app if she/they were looking for a friend to hang/chill with in these remote areas they traveled to but that's also very risky.

In the video of the stop, something struck me when Gabby said “sorry I’m so mean” and added "Not like mean towards him, I guess my vibe. I'm just in a bad mood."

For me, it’s quite telling. Almost her way of saying but he’s mean to me, without saying it. JMO.
For me, it was sad. Like she was expected to be on and bubbly 24/7. She was human. And it sounds like he, or at the very least someone, made her feel like if she wasn’t in a good, happy mood she was “mean”.

ETA: I think he gaslit her a lot.

Last edited:
If he’s found dead, or never found at all (rare), I don’t believe there will ever be full closure. We won’t know exactly what happened in Teton. Supporters of GP will claim certain things—namely he killed her. Supporters of BL might say … oh, he was depressed because they broke up and decided to go their separate ways on the trip and just see each other later back in FL. Or, there was a big fight, and he left her in the park, but she was alive (is that a crime?). Or, lots of other scenarios. Ugh.

LOL I think if he is in there he is no longer alive

Agree. And I do think he's there. It's likely the search was suspended yesterday because Gabby had been found, reducing the urgency of trying to locate BL before he could die with that secret. And given Gabby was found deceased, LE could take the gloves off & go after BL's parents. Best guess is they got enough from his parents yesterday to believe BL's last known location was in that swamp park. And why else would he go there except to die? It's not especially believable he went there for self-reflection & for figuring out how best to say I'm sorry.

I'm not asking for him to be arrested. I fully understand and support his rights.

That said, the local PD would not take a missing person report for one of their citizens. She lived there! And so does her father.

They could have surveilled him. That would not have been an infringement on his rights.

They could have taken him in, even if they had to turn around and release him if he lawyered up.

They didn't even have proof he was in the home AT ALL! At the very least, they should have insisted on that.

BBM Do we know why they wouldn't take a missing person report?

If he's killed Gabby (he probably did), how can a man twice his size and claim to love his lady turn into a senseless monster? She also could not have had an ounce of chance to defend herself against him. She certainly appealed to him to calm down and spare her life, but these types of men (monsters) can not get any sense and understanding into their minds. They just blindly follow their impulses.

Hope he gets what he deserves and more for this despicable act and these type of crimes should not be taken lightly cause its also about the woman's right to be respected and treated as such.

Maybe they ended up in an oral argument first and Gabby maybe had more of the gift of speech and when he ran out of arguments he freaked out. Incredibly cowardly and pathetic way to resolve a conflict and this happens all too often. The man must be in control and place the woman in a lower position to feel better about himself.

So tragic and I think intensely of Gabby's relatives in this moment. RIP Gabby!

Ive been having a look at the bodycam video from when they was pulled over. Just before gabby rolls down the video is she making the sign for help from abuse? I watched it over a few times and im still trying to work out if thats what shes doing or not and i cant clearly see from the window reflection? Anyone else see this?

If he’s found dead, or never found at all (rare), I don’t believe there will ever be full closure. We won’t know exactly what happened in Teton. Supporters of GP will claim certain things—namely he killed her. Supporters of BL might say … oh, he was depressed because they broke up and decided to go their separate ways on the trip and just see each other later back in FL. Or, there was a big fight, and he left her in the park, but she was alive (is that a crime?). Or, lots of other scenarios. Ugh.
Forensics of the van and cell phones and computers will help piece together a pretty good picture, I hope anyway.

NPPD used the word criminal investigation.
………

The North Port Police Department, along with our law enforcement partners, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Florida Wildlife Commission, Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office, Lee County Sheriff’s Office, Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office, Sarasota Police Department, Venice Police Department, K9 search and rescue teams, and other government partners continue working to establish the whereabouts of 23-year-old Brian Laundrie, the fiancé of Gabby Petito. Tuesday, we will once again continue our search efforts in the Carlton Reserve, where Brian reportedly visited a week ago today to go hiking. This time, moving in from the Venice side of the area, along with adjoining lands. A weekend ground search and aerial search Monday of the 25-thousand-acre preserve has yet to yield any answers, but we must press on.

Please be aware, the Carlton Reserve is a vast and unforgiving location at times. It is currently waste deep in water in many areas. This is dangerous work for the search crews as they are wading through gator and snake infested swamps and flooded hiking and biking trails.

*This is an FBI led criminal investigation and North Port Police are assisting our federal partner in any way we can to bring this investigation to a close.

We join the FBI in asking for continued public assistance by sharing any information through the tip lines 1-800-CALL FBI or tips.fbi.gov

View attachment 313759

View attachment 313760

View attachment 313767

View attachment 313768
criminal inverstigation...yes...i think he is more than a POI...they just legally can't say it. I beleive they are looking for killer but need to find him / await other evidence to confirm. The FBI is spending a boat load of resources, he's more interesting than the usual POA.

Does anyone remember the interview w/ her dad discussing reporting her missing? If I remember right they called to do it in Florida first and were told to do it in NY? I would love to source this interview if anyone knows where it is again. I see another misstep if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member