Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not asking for him to be arrested. I fully understand and support his rights.

That said, the local PD would not take a missing person report for one of their citizens. She lived there! And so does her father.

They could have surveilled him. That would not have been an infringement on his rights.

They could have taken him in, even if they had to turn around and release him if he lawyered up.

They didn't even have proof he was in the home AT ALL! At the very least, they should have insisted on that.

Just as a point of clarification JP Gabby's Dad doesn't live in North Port. And he had a lawyer
long before they knew he was even home. MOO

Just a normal day...
Just murdered my girlfriend and left her body to rot...think I'll go biking with Mom and mow the lawn for Dad.

<modsnip>
I hope Gabby kept a journal I cannot imagine this abuse just started on a van camping trip I believe it started a long ago and possibly his parents were emotionally abusive too towards her.
She lived with them two years and they easily forgot about her as if she was trash that needed to be dumped off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly. I wonder how he got out of the house without anyone seeing him. JMO but watching the news, it looked like there were always groups of people in front of the Laundrie home.

Edited to correct spelling.
Thing is, nobody was watching for anything until GP's mom reported her missing on Sept. 11. So he had at least those 11 days to move about freely. He had to know it was coming.

I am behind again this morning so this may already been discussed.

A poster last night made A curious statement about Chris Cuomo's show on CNN. I went and found the video and the link will be posted below.

The Laundrie family told Chris that his clients had reported Brian missing last Tuesday.

Exactly. I wonder how he got out if the house without anyone seeing him. JMO but watching the news, it looked like there were always groups of people in front of the Laundrie home.
I suspect that the mustang was in the garage all the time that he was home and the van was parked behind it until it was towed away. That may be why we never saw the mustang until Wednesday of last week. He may have stashed supplies in the trunk. Then, reportedly drove the mustang to the park where his parents scooped it up late Tuesday or early Wednesday. Also, if it is true that an empty gun case was found in the mustang by LE after it had been returned to the driveway, his parents certainly saw it and knew that he had the gun. They may not have known that until after they picked up the mustang from the park...but then they worried that he was suicidal yet waited til Friday to invite LE to speak with them. JMO

When Gabby stayed in the hotel in SLC, he might have taken off in her van forcing her to spend her money on a hotel room. The story that he went to FL to move storage items could be just a story told to her parents.

In the last few weeks of her trip, she may have been dispossessed of her van, then her phone, then her life, in that order.

I bet if she'd been able to meet up with her friend in Yellowstone, the friend might have been willing to replace Brian on the trip or at least help her drive home to Long Island. That's a reason for her to use the more secretive Snapchat with the friend and for Brian to take her phone so she couldn't contact her. Then Gabby fights to get the phone back and gets killed.

Based on where she was found, I don't think it supports the case that he just left her and she died. She could have walked the 1000 feet and saw multiple other campers. Unless the theory is one of those people decided to kill her, I don't see it.

I did consider maybe she fell off a cliff or he left her in deep woods that she couldn't escape from. But all the images released so far show that this was an open area. It seems really unlikely she wouldn't have been able to get back to the road and get help from the many other campers we saw in the RV video. In such an open area, people may have been able to hear her screaming for help if she was hurt and abandoned. It doesn't seem like there are many noise buffers.

Which begs the question - did any of the people in those campers hear anything 9/26-9/30? Were there any 911 calls from the area?

the preserve (such a gentle name), but the description of it doesn't scream welcome wagon , and though he is an outdoorsman of sorts...no one really chooses to be in that location or wants to stay very long. I wouldn't look for a million dollars with a detailed map for guidance in that place.

He’s
Well that’s a good point at the end of your post. If he were going to kill himself, why drive all the way back to FL to do that when there are numerous states in between. I can’t make sense of someone who is likely not operating with a full deck to begin with. Youth, immaturity, unstableness of some sort. Ugh.
takes a while for the pressure to mount

Please let me know if this has been addressed allready but has anyone actually confirmed seeing BL in Florida? My family lives very close to the area and she has heard talk that possibly his parents may have driven or Flown to meet him.and driven the van back and that he never even returned to Florida...this is being said in the area I haven't heard it on any news reports etc...has this been discussed?
There is a media interview with neighbors who say they saw him riding his bike and helping his dad in the garage after he returned, so it appears he was at the home sometime before he disappeared. MOO

If they really thought he was dead, I think a statement saying as such would be made. They are being drug through the ringer, wouldn't they want to get it over with so they could have a chance to grieve themselves?

Regardless of what he did, he's still their child. I cannot imagine how I would feel if I was put in this situation. If I knew my child had something to do with it or if I knew my child was dead, I would be grieving the loss of my child either way, because that's what happened. Their child made a terrible decision, by any action he's made up to this point, and now they're dealing with the consequences of that as well. Regardless of how everybody else feels about him that much, I'm sure they loved him dearly. If they had information, they could make this a lot easier, maybe they truly don't know anything.
I really don’t think it works that way. Assuming him dead is one thing. Declaring him so in a statement is another. /JMO

Does anyone remember the interview w/ her dad discussing reporting her missing? If I remember right they called to do it in Florida first and were told to do it in NY? I would love to source this interview if anyone knows where it is again. I see another misstep if so.

So did they refuse to do it in Florida because she wasn't there? She didn't live in New York and was last seen in Wyoming. In the USA what's the precedence, where the person lives or where they go missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni