Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
A graphic designer who was at the Bridger-Teton National Forest in late August may have been the key to authorities finding the body over the weekend. The grim discovery turned a high-profile missing-person’s case into a potential murder mystery, with a nomadic “van-life” couple at the center.

Jessica Schultz says she alerted the FBI about a strange man she says she had encountered driving a van in the area and “acting weird” days after Petito was last seen alive.
Gabby Petito Tipster Recalls Guy in Van ‘Acting Weird’ Near Camping Area Where Body Was Found

That timeline is very interesting - it would seem to suggest that by the time that woman saw BL on Aug 26, GP had passed. And if he was seen driving the van there alone & acting weird, perhaps whatever happened to GP happened in a different location. …. All MOO, of course.

Gabby was supposed to meet up with a friend at Yellowstone for her birthday. Perhaps Brian told his parents that she stayed with girlfriend instead of returning home with him. It doesn't explain why they refused to talk to Gabby's parents though...

What if BL intercepted the message(s) to his parents or even blocked Gabby's parents' number(s)? Not incredibly likely, but maybe??

“From the beginning this has been a tragedy of errors.”
Victim advocate John Walsh weighs in on the hunt for Gabby Petito’s boyfriend and search for answers. gma.abc/3EEUXNW

4:48 minutes

'America's Most Wanted' Host John Walsh Vows to Capture Brian Laundrie

John Walsh, a presenter familiar to millions as the host of America's Most Wanted, is lending his services to the hunt for Gabby Petito's boyfriend, Brian Laundrie.

Laundrie was thought to be staying at his parent's home in North Port, Florida, having previously refused to speak to investigators about his 22-year-old fiancée's disappearance.

"America's Most Wanted" host John Walsh vows to capture Brian Laundrie

Former host of “America’s Most Wanted” John Walsh says he was “terrified” when he first saw police cam footage of Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito. “This is classic domestic abuse. He terrorized her not to tell the cops. He was the aggressor and slapper and puncher.”

video clip

https://twitter.com/AC360/status/1440116486950072326

I so admire John Walsh- he took his indescribable pain over the murder of his beloved son and turned it into a lifetime quest to nab what he calls "dirt bags" all over the world. He tells it exactly like it is in this case- the Laundrie family lawyer deserved to be trashed by Walsh- he is a dirt bag-----as is the Laundrie family- they are sickening.

If it hasn't been requested or released yet, somebody should put in a request for it IMO.

It seems like the FBI have been controlling the release of information, and it certainly appears that the releases had been designed to encourage BL to come forward in the early days. Even GP’s family seemed hesitant to say anything bad about him or their relationship at all. I assume they are in possession of the footage, and it wasn’t released because it cast him in a bad light. They certainly want to find him alive, imo.

What strikes me about BL and his fascination with dark things is not that he has had it, it's that he still has it at 23. I think teenage boys go through this phase often, but then grow out of it when they move towards adulthood and gravitate towards education/training and a career. He doesn't strike me as someone interested in taking responsibility for his future.

I really can't get my head around what he was doing out there near where her body was found.

I'm reading a lot of things on these threads from people thinking he's some master planner, strategically trying to throw people off his scent by creating fake alibies, hitchhiking multiple times, driving 2400 miles in 36 hours, lawyering up immediately without saying a word to anyone, slipping out in the dead of night to leave his house, and evading capture with all of 2021's technology looking for him....so here's something to consider:

Why did he leave her body out in the open, uncovered, 100% would have been found within a short period of time, when he had a literal body transport vehicle they were living in? <modsnip> he would have put the body in the van, drove it somewhere that they WERE NOT, in a different state, and left it there, pushed it into a body of water, something. <modsnip> To me it looks like he put ZERO effort into covering up what he supposedly did.

So how do you reconcile his genius master plan with leaving her body there? Makes no sense. Something happened to her, but I honestly do not think he purposefully hurt her. Something does not add up. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a new theory this morning. He hid a go bag at the park when he took the car there tuesday and that is him on the street Friday night heading to grab said bag. Parents gave him head start before filing the report. They are searching the park from the back entrance today and no news helicopters up over the area today. I also think if that is him on the trial cam it was also him in the multiple sitings yesterday near mobile. Lots of reports and quickly shot down by local police. I think they are closer than we know to him. I do not have good skills for flight aware - but other posted a black hawk flying low in the area yesterday in Alabama. Anyone here with skill that can check that out or check out any in the air today?

I agree with you about the female officer. She was the only one who spent time talking with Gabby. I so wish she could have had more input with that stop. It would have been nice if the female officer were in charge, things may have been better for Gabby

She had no influence because she's a Park Ranger not an officer. MOO

Seeing "Aunt Gabby" on the postcards made me tear up. Gabby seems like she was a very sweet young lady who was taken from his earth entirely too soon.

We don't even know if it was actually her who wrote & sent the postcards considering Brian seemed to pretend to be her in text messages. Why wouldn't he do the same for the postcards if he was controlling?

"Schultz said she saw the van on Aug. 26, when she and her Blue Heeler, Rosie, were headed to a dispersed campsite to meet with Schultz’s friends. As Schultz pulled around the van, she decided to check out who was inside to see if they were people who would want to chat or join their group.

Once seeing the man was much younger than her crowd, Schultz decided to pass on the invite and kept moving.
-------------------------------------
"Schultz said that what was unusual about the van during the second sighting was that there were no indications that anyone was camping there — and it was not in a designated parking spot. Normally, parked campers will do things like put out a hammock or table, or open a window, Schultz said.

Schultz said she thinks she and her friends saw the van in the same spot for a third day, on Aug. 28, and were surprised it hadn’t been booted by then — because it was not in a designated parking spot. She doesn’t recall seeing it on Aug. 29."

Gabby Petito case: What one witness saw near the Tetons may help FBI unravel mystery
Gabby Petito case: What one witness saw near the Tetons may help FBI unravel mystery
"Schultz said she saw the van on Aug. 26, when she and her Blue Heeler, Rosie, were headed to a dispersed campsite to meet with Schultz’s friends. As Schultz pulled around the van, she decided to check out who was inside to see if they were people who would want to chat or join their group.

Once seeing the man was much younger than her crowd, Schultz decided to pass on the invite and kept moving.
-------------------------------------
"Schultz said that what was unusual about the van during the second sighting was that there were no indications that anyone was camping there — and it was not in a designated parking spot. Normally, parked campers will do things like put out a hammock or table, or open a window, Schultz said.

Schultz said she thinks she and her friends saw the van in the same spot for a third day, on Aug. 28, and were surprised it hadn’t been booted by then — because it was not in a designated parking spot. She doesn’t recall seeing it on Aug. 29."

Well what if maybe BL was truthful to the tictok girl and maybe gonna leave the van and hike out... Came back cause he wasn't the hiker he thought he was.

It seems like the FBI have been controlling the release of information, and it certainly appears that the releases had been designed to encourage BL to come forward in the early days. Even GP’s family seemed hesitant to say anything bad about him or their relationship at all. I assume they are in possession of the footage, and it wasn’t released because it cast him in a bad light. They certainly want to find him alive, imo.

The more days pass the more i question if he'll be found

I think all of this guy's alibiis fell through.
1) Left her & the van there hoping she'd be discovered while he was away a couple days. Didn't happen.
2) Back in FLA. told his parents he'd left her behind. He's amazed no one has discovered her yet.
3) G's parents turn up the heat. He probably told his parents lies about G, & that's why they wouldn't call her parents back. (Most of us, however, still would have returned those calls, yes).
4) Now LE is coming around. This is the time to skedaddle. He knows he blew his chance weeks back to make a clean getaway to another country. Tells parents he's going to the preserve. He knows when he says goodbye that he may never see them again. A kind reading (not one I agree with) says they had no idea anything had happened to G. Any parent's Spidey senses would have been up, no?

Last, I don't think he deliberately killed her, but he did know he has a wicked temper. Were it a hit-her-head thing, he still probably wouldn't have called LE right after it happened. He might be beside himself with guilt rn, yet still justifying to himself how she 'made him do it'.

Just so so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member