Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to believe that, but they are using a ton of resources and shut down air space. I just can’t imagine an operation like that getting approved if they didn’t have good reason to believe they would find him or something else significant in that area.

It may not even be a busy airspace, It could be to just ground all the media helicopters.

Do you think a lifestraw would be sufficient to filter that swamp water? I am following the case of the family who died near Yosemite and I'm guessing they filtered their water - but...it might not have been enough (it's not clear yet). But I'm curious if anyone knows if people actually do that in FL (go camping and use modest filtration systems).

Which makes me think of that young woman who disappeared while on a "boar hunting" trip with her boyfriend in a small boat, where she left her phone with the person who owned the boat and never returned. They looked for her for days - but I don't think they ever found her.

You'd think they would have used heat sensing flights last night and put up trail cams in the preserve, in any case. So your theory about this being a diversion or at least merely a rehash seems likely to me.

If he's there, I don't think he's alive.
Yes I think a LifeStraw would work fine.

Has anyone seen a credible source for that Instagram live story yesterday? I have some ideas based on that video but I can’t seem to find how credible it is.

I haven't seen it anywhere. If you have a non-MSM source for it, you could send it in to JB and WFLA to look into. They've been doing that all morning with other stories - trying to confirm and then sharing once they do.

Its the idea that they used a real estate attorney from New York instead of a hot shot defense attorney that makes me wonder if the attorney was a last minute improvisation and not something they knew they were going to need.

Well they know they need a defense attorney NOW, and they are still using the same guy. MOO

I'm thinking that they have some type of evidence that leads them to believe that he's in the preserve - either dog tracking, phone evidence, tire/foot tracks - something other than just his parent's word. I think he will ultimately be found, dead or alive, in that area. I just can't imagine him taking off to live a life in the wilderness alone - when he faced trouble, the first thing he did was run home to his parents. I don't forsee him starting a new life in Mexico or even out west. He wants to be near his folks, imo.

My guess is because they do not want him to be found.
Or they don't think he will be. But I agree, most parents of a missing person would be a bit more active. I get the situation is different, but still, there is no concern shown IMO, at least not from what we can see. Who would be staying at home doing nothing? It isn't like people know them by looks at this point.

I am thinking they have to have some reason to believe he's in there that's not his lying parent's word. Maybe he has some type of electronic device that they are able to ping in real time to confirm his general location. They surely were able to get surveillance warrants if they were able to get a house search warrant. Maybe even something like a FitBit. There are backdoors in so many of the technologies we use everyday for LE access.

I'm thinking that they have some type of evidence that leads them to believe that he's in the preserve - either dog tracking, phone evidence, tire/foot tracks - something other than just his parent's word. I think he will ultimately be found, dead or alive, in that area. I just can't imagine him taking off to live a life in the wilderness alone - when he faced trouble, the first thing he did was run home to his parents. I don't forsee him starting a new life in Mexico or even out west. He wants to be near his folks, imo.

JMO - to conduct a search using all of the resources they are, they have to have a lead or something to that extent.

But why not flee to Mexico straight away. He had a liveable van, he could have slipped to Mexico before her parents were even suspicious. Even texted a few times to by himself some time. It was him returning with the van that led to suspicion. He didn't need to return to get money, as with technology now there are numerous ways to transfer/wire money to him if needed. The wiring of said cash does not need to be anonymous, as parents would have plausible deniability that they just thought he needed cash and no idea the circumstances. He doesn't need his passport to enter Mexico. Its just so strange that he went home. Then once he was home and he lawyered up, why not just go to Mexico then.

Im wondering if he abandoned her, like she was worried about and she met an untimely end. and he realised what had happened once in Florida when no one heard from her, and he ran. Either that or he returned in shear panic.

He could have just been having the worlds largest attack of denial and hoped a bear would get the remains. We don't know, so any definitive statement on what was happening isn't really a known fact.

The idea is that it was in the live shot from the chopper, but once they realized the body could be seen, the station cropped the video so the body can't be see in the reruns of the video. So you wouldn't be seeing it now. But another reason why you wouldn't be seeing it is that there was a lot of stuff on the ground in teh area, the bag the canopy tent came in, searchers backpacks/jackets, etc and that someone mistook one of those for a body. The thing about the partial burial is because someone thought the canopy was coving the remains location and said the ground under it had been disturbed, but that same poster later retracted that statement when he realized what teh canopy is really for. But of course, his original statement lives on..
Ahh. Thank you! I think I’m seeing what is being referred to as black and orange clothing but I thought it was just some kind of gear (belonging to a searcher).

It appears at the bottom middle of the screen at 0:13 of this video, for anyone interested. I don’t think it’s her.

Speculation Gabby Petito was buried as helicopter footage captures discovery

Yes, Gabby's mother said this in the beginning. By then Brian had been back for about ten days so I'm not sure it would have made a difference.

All Brian or his parents had to do was tell Gabby's family or LE when and where he last saw her and she would have been found much faster.
That's what hindered the search for Gabby. IMO
Why would they have said something? If they figured that BL could get away with it, then they'd probably think about it at least

I just want to say that I believe it would be a gross invasion of privacy to show or want to view Gabby's body and I sincerely hope that footage of it is never released. It's morally completely unacceptable and would I'm sure cause her family even more pain.

This isn't a tv show.

Gabby is a victim. She isn't an exhibit for morbid curiosity. I would be devastated if the body of someone I love was subjected to public viewing, especially in these circumstances.

Gabby has been violated enough and her family has suffered something that they will never recover from.

I realise I'm not supposed to tell people what to do, but I'll take the risk of being banned to say that I would ask people not to post about this, for the sake of both Gabby and her family.

One idea is to google "abusers as narcissists" & see if what comes up fits how you view B's behavior toward G. But first you'd have to agree B was an abuser, I guess. I see it, but of course this is my opinion, & as another poster pointed out, projection is playing a role in posts, of course. YMMV ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000