Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the story goes he'd said where he was going to hike and when he hadn't returned they went looking and saw the car.
But he went to the swamp on a Tuesday, and they retrieved the Mustang on a Tuesday or maybe Wednesday. That was just a day or so. Why would they be worried? And then they drive the car back?
I don't understand any of this or, indeed, that family.

New here...

-Someone asked about seeing a skateboard in the back of the van. See nothing odd about that as their video on YouTube shows them in Santa Monica. Plenty of skateboarding opportunities there.

-From Gabby’s statements on the police video, I believe a lot of stress on this trip stemmed from her OCD and dream of being a social media influencer. It’s possible she banked everything on the fact that they were going to do this trip, and it was going to take off on social media, and well, it didn’t. Add in the admission of OCD and you have a huge recipe for disaster. Brian telling her the reality that it wasn't going to happen only made it worse. I’ve been diagnosed with OCD and it can make you crazy if not regulated. It’s possible she was soooo obsessed about being an influencer that it took over her life and made this trip unmanageable for her and Brian. I envision her posting on social media and then constantly hitting refresh to see likes and video views and when it didn’t happen, it put her in a downward spiral in which Brian couldn’t control or handle.

The scenario in my mind is that this growing tension and wedge between them lead to fight after fight, more physical, and an accident happened and she was killed. I think he had mental issues as well, and it took an increase in her OCD behavior for that to surface fully in him.

-I don’t see him as someone who had planned this all along. He knew they were on the police cameras, he was even concerned that going to jail, would be on her record.

I know this may not be popular, but it’s my opinion.

Her father has confirmed in the Dr Phil interview that she was never diagnosed with OCD or ANY METAL ILLNESS.
People use the term 'OCD' easily and lightly when they are describing their need for tidiness.
It is NOT the same as the diagnosed condition known as obsessive compulsive disorder.

E_1wEXQUcAEbeiv

Shannon Clowe
@ShannonCwtsp

Brian Laundrie’s lawyer responds to Gabby Petito's death
https://twitter.com/ShannonCwtsp/status/1440430681641807887?s=20

I really think he got mad and threw a rock at her and that was what they were looking for when the coroner came back a second time.
This makes sense. According to a news report last night, and I don't remember which one now, the coroner was back at the site all day yesterday. John Walsh has made multiple comments on air about her being beaten. Let me see if I can find the video, but it made me wonder if possibly media had some information that maybe the public didn't.

I see that, but I'm still hung up on the same question. How did the parents know to retrieve it?

The episode may also have involved 2 consecutive Tuesdays? It's been confusing. But that doesn't change, "How did they know?"
A few threads ago someone else mentioned it’s well known in this area that cars can’t park there overnight or they get a notification (the note that was left on the car). BL’s parents knew he went there to hike so they probably knew the car may be towed so they went next day to pick it up I guess.

But he went to the swamp on a Tuesday, and they retrieved the Mustang on a Tuesday or maybe Wednesday. That was just a day or so. Why would they be worried? And then they drive the car back?
I don't understand any of this or, indeed, that family.
Mustang in driveway as of Wed morning when reporters arrived.

Maybe a dumb question. How can they rule it a homicide but not determine how? If you don’t see a cause of death how do you know it was homicide? Or could it be multiple injuries and have to determine which killed her? Confused!

Her father stated she was not diagnosed with OCD. It's a term used casually - much like people say they're "anal" (a Freudian-ish term, but used unclinically in casual conversation) about things.

I laughed, but as you are probably aware it stems from "anal retentive" which derives from the anal stage of childhood development where they are learning potty training and other child training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea