Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m absolutely blown away that you have a moment to step out and get a gallon of milk while your son is on the run for murdering his young fiancé who until recently literally lived under your roof? Wow. Wow. Wow. These parents should have been taken in for questioning days ago! Now they’re having cookies and milk?! MOO IMO

It seems frivolous, but they have to eat.

At this point, I'd rather be Gabby's mother than Brian's. Their lives are now ruined, too.

Does anyone know if the police could charge the parents for obstruction of justice? Would they be able to get a hold of their bank accounts or a way to find out if they gave him money, possibly purchased a burner phone for him, etc?

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, but is the body supposed to be under the tent or is that just shade for the searchers?

I don't think it would be part of the autopsy, but if the remains had been buried (and not apparently by an animal), that might also contribute to a determination of homicide.

JMO

This is what I was thinking too, and probably why there is interest in the footage, the tent, the recovery site. If she was buried even partially and not by an animal, that could lend evidence towards homicide?

Hypothetically, would burial be enough, or are there actual physical requirements from the autopsy itself to determine homicide and not, say, a cover up after an accident? I do NOT believe that happened here btw, just using it as an example to understand the legalities of the manner of death vs undetermined.

All moo

May I ask a question? The threads move so fast (as you all know), that when I leave the computer I can't find the answer to my questions. My last input was about the "deer cam" which may have shown Brian in a small town. A guy who was tall,bald with a backpack. I'd like to know how to find the newest pages without going through a few hundred to get to it? Any suggestions? And was the deer cam explained?

AFAIK, authorities investigated and found no evidence of a connection to Brian's case. To find the posts, you could do a search of the forum with key words such as "deer cam" "trail cam" or "trail camera." You could also search just within the previous thread or two.

ETA: @Hyway has an even better suggestion below.
I'm new here so there may be an easier way, but I look through my alerts (top right of the thread) for posts stating someone quoted my post and then I check if thats the post where I asked a question.

JMO

Last edited:
RIP Gabby

I didn't want to believe that the body was hers, but looks like it is.

Also, the threads main heading now has changed from missing to found deceased - heartbreaking.

I can't begin to imagine what the LE are going through who stopped them after the fight.

He was calm, cool, collected. She was in a bad place and needed help. But instead they helped and accommodated him.

Something was said about police leaving a note to remove the car. My question is -how did they know about the note?
The “note” was a tow notification for parking there overnight. I guess the locals there know you get one if the car is there for 24hours. Since BL did not come home the next morning the parents may have assumed he was still “camping” out there and didn’t want the car towed so they drove out to the parking lots and found it, brought it home. Doesn’t seem odd to me as this is a norm for communities that have these kinds of parks and most parents keep a set of keys to their kids cars for emergencies. BL’s parents knew he went there to go hiking the day before they picked up the car.

Maybe a dumb question. How can they rule it a homicide but not determine how? If you don’t see a cause of death how do you know it was homicide? Or could it be multiple injuries and have to determine which killed her? Confused!
Not a dumb question.

The medical examiner can usually tell from the body, something major. We do not know the state her body was in when found, without being graphic. They send samples out for testing, including toxicology (which is standard) that takes time getting back from labs. The ME also takes into consideration the investigation and what they find, and this is an ongoing investigation at this point. We all have to be patient.

I have tried but I can not think of any reason at all why a man would leave his sweetheart behind and drive home in her van with her phone.

Then we find out he left his dead sweetheart behind. Makes no sense

You would never leave someone you love behind laying in a field unprotected from the elements.

no sane bf would. A psychopath would only think of themselves. Zero empathy or conscience for others.

Last edited:
Those "ultrasound pics" are clearly forest service signs indicating no camping, no hiking, etc. I tire of media jumping to pregnancy theories every time a young lady is killed. It's just a grasp for a sensational headline.
I believe if you watch the video, that is a camping spot - #4 I believe. I'm guessing the sign is just indicating what's allowed or not on the spot (tent allowed, no fires, no campers for example). The Lullaby book being a covert signal for pregnancy is just the *chef's kiss* of stupidity in that article.

Something was said about police leaving a note to remove the car. My question is -how did they know about the note?

MOO: My guess is they ran the plates and called whoever the car was registered to. Which I believe is the father. So they would have called his parents to let them know the car was going to be towed. Found the note when they showed up to get it. I think that's also when they realized BL was GONE GONE and reported it to the police.

Last edited:
May I ask a question? The threads move so fast (as you all know), that when I leave the computer I can't find the answer to my questions. My last input was about the "deer cam" which may have shown Brian in a small town. A guy who was tall,bald with a backpack. I'd like to know how to find the newest pages without going through a few hundred to get to it? Any suggestions? And was the deer cam explained?

I'm new here so there may be an easier way, but I look through my alerts (top right of the thread) for posts stating someone quoted my post and then I check if thats the post where I asked a question.

Does anyone know if his parents had the means to get him out of the country? I worry about that too.

Not unless they can get a fake passport and vax confirmation in a very short time with no money trail, which is probably very difficult. If Brian left the country through legit means, the FBI would know by now.

My son brought up a thought. Perhaps BL went south to the Everglades and then to the keys. A hike is estimated at 39 hrs., and he could have utilized the Tamiami Trail. If he left early Tuesday, and not reported missing until Friday evening, he had more than enough time to land in the Everglades and then to the keys. This is pure speculation. I just thought my son's angle was interesting and wanted to share it.
The Keys would be a terrible place to hide. Although I have wondered if he indeed went south and ended his life somewhere. A hike to the Everglades is probably 2-3 days. A suicide gunshot in the head in the water in Big Cypress where there are a lot of alligators and he may never be found.

I hope the people spreading national forest signs as ultrasound pics are arrested first, personally. I need a break from this thread now. Thank you mods for doing an awesome job and sorry that this reply probably contributes to the work you need to do.

Do people normally die/ murder people by streams? Seems like there have been a few of those this summer. Never noticed before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77