Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree. I wouldn't be surprised if mommy and daddy helped him to leave the country fairly soon after September 1. Has he even actually be seen by anyone who can be trusted to tell the truth about it?

Ive said from the beginning that I think he went into hiding prior to her family even realizing she was missing. If he left “on Tuesday” it wasn’t a week ago today, it was two weeks ago today.

<modsnip - no link> He managed to corral a very sweet, liberated and pliable girl into his world. Please also remember that they weren't living with Gabby's parents. She was living under the rule of Brian AND his parents. That's a heavy load for a young girl. The fact that the family has circled the wagons around Brian may be an indication of the environment Gabby occupied. Maybe, over time, her opinion and reaction to being emotionally hog-tied or blamed for some kind of social disloyalty to him made her timid in private. By reaching out to the world in a very determined way, she exhibited a threat to the self-serving loyalty he demanded of her and a betrayal of the secrets within him. From what I can see, it was the bringing together of a sweet gregarious, young girl determined to explore the world, and a man determined to capture, possess and immobilize her entirely.
DV thrives in an environment of mental and physical isolation.

Last edited:
Quote: You can walk across the border to Mexico. But the actions of LE right now suggest they think he is in FL.

I guess you mean swim across, through the Gulf of Mexico? I doubt he'd do that, but I do think he would hitchhike to Texas possibly, then cross over.

Well, it would be much easier to make his way across south AL, the MS gulf coast, LA and then TX. You could travel through most of that gulf coast area into Louisiana in a day, especially if you caught a ride with a trucker. I think this is exactly why the initial reports of possible sightings near Mobile, AL got so much attention. It was a logical assumption that he might be headed that direction. Those reports now seem to have been looked into and nothing came of them. I really think the heat is too high right now for him to risk hitchhiking, but you never know. We are still sorting through that one report of him possibly hitchhiking in Wyoming so we could make that assumption that he might do it. He could also be disguised well, so.....

If it is true that she was buried, that would be a big clue that she was murdered. It would rule out suicide or death by the elements, and would conclude that someone else was there and wanted to hide her body.
I don't believe a burial can be used to determine the manner of death. A person can die of natural causes and be buried by another who's attempting to conceal the death but doesn't necessarily mean a homicide was committed.

To start my heart is breaking here in Scotland UK, my thoughts are with GP's family, friends and all you Americans, She was delicate and beautiful and too young to leave this world by any means, sad day.
for me, I still cannot get the idea out of my head that BL has been gone longer than the Tuesday and if this is the case he has at least 19 days to dissapear. My greatest fear is he won't be found and will always be a "POI", I also cannot understand what would have made the FBI search that reserve again, I can't think of anything that would send them out there after retrieving more things from the house apart from more clothes etc for the scent?
They took the Mustang too, might have found something there that led them back in this morning.
Vast amount of resources evident.
This makes me wonder whether perhaps something else is going on concurrently and the 'others' referred to by FBI are not necessarily her parents... Just highly speculative thoughts...

I don't think he has one, not one he comes up with on his own at least.
So far he leaves, buys himself the time he drives away with Gabby's van, and heads back home by Sept 1st. He bought himself one week next by the time Gabby is officially reported missing it's now Sept 11th another 11 days...he is buying time. He hoped no one would find Gabby until no autopsy could reveal her COD.
Maybe he will stay in hiding until he thinks he is no longer a suspect and the cOD cannot prove he killed her.
Why does everyone think he is suicidal? Where did that come from?
Did he leave a note to his parents?
Could be a diversion tatic.

Partly because that seems to be what a lot of murderers have been doing when they dip out as the law closes in on them, partly because he is nothing more than a stupid kid, who has irreparably effed up his life, and partly because there’s talk that he has mental health issues. He also doesn’t have a big support system; just his family.

FBI confirms Gabby Petito's remains found in Wyoming; manner of death 'homicide'

The remains were discovered Sunday in the Bridger-Teton National Forest after a national search for the 22-year-old. Video captured by a vacationing Tampa family accidentally caught what appeared to be the couple's van parked at the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area in the forest; Gabby's body was later found nearby.

gabby-petito-timeline-adjusted.jpg

Graphic via FOX News

An apparent stone memorial has since been discovered near that spot, reports KSTU. A cross made of rocks was spotted there but it was unclear who placed it there, according to the station.

Meanwhile, the search for Laundrie continues. The only named person of interest in Gabby's disappearance apparently went missing Tuesday, September 14 from the North Port home the couple shared with his parents.

Laundrie’s parents told North Port police that Brian left to go camping, but did not return. They reported him missing Friday, Sept. 17 and officials have been searching for him ever since. Most of the search has focused on a 25,000-acre nature preserve where Brian's car was located by his family.

Gov. Ron DeSantis on Tuesday ordered all state agencies to assist in the search, calling for "justice for Gabby."

Those who hope for answers about Gabby's disappearance and death are hopeful officers can find Brian, who may be able to shed light on what happened.

I disagree. They seemed to be aiding and abetting his escape. And they shut down any information to the grieving parents who had reached out to them for help finding their missing daughter. Who does that?

If they knew their son had an innocent explanation then they could have replied to the desperate family and given them some helpful info.

Their silence shows that they were being complicit, in my opinion.

We all imagine a scene in our head but we do not know what he told his parents.

I imagine this has been so fluid for the parents, they are still trying to grasp the possibilities and the implications.

I am not implying that the parents did not make poor decisions but just wanted to give another perspective.

Un

Unless he already had a fake ID and passport at home which could be the reason for him driving the van back to FL.
It isn't like the movies. Getting a fake passport is extremely expensive and difficult. Brian was unemployed and his parents live in a <modsnip> house. Unless one of them has criminal connections, I doubt this angle very much. If he left the country it is illegally by boat IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally agree. I wouldn't be surprised if mommy and daddy helped him to leave the country fairly soon after September 1. Has he even actually be seen by anyone who can be trusted to tell the truth about it?

Ive said from the beginning that I think he went into hiding prior to her family even realizing she was missing. If he left “on Tuesday” it wasn’t a week ago today, it was two weeks ago today.

I saw that the youtube channel that found their van (Red White & Bethune) is trying to get Gabby's Nomadic Statik to 100k followers so that YouTube will send them the coveted play button you get when you reach that many followers. It is a goal of so many youtubers, I think it's a nice gesture. So far it is at 75k.
I’d love to follow. How do we find it! A benefit to Gabby.

For clarification, I only asked another poster to point out what they were seeing in helicopter footage because what I was seeing was vastly different than what some were stating as fact rather than opinion. I was not coming from a place of morbid curiosity or disrespect.

Rest peacefully now Gabby.

I really can’t with this lawyer.
Yeah it sucks but he's doing his job. Defense lawyering for criminal defendants is an ugly business. You deal with the worst of the worst and are bound by ethical duty to give them the best defense. While some defense lawyers are Saul Goodman-esque and have no morals, there are good ones that fight the good fight for defendants who are wrongfully accused or treated unfairly by the system. When you get in that game, dealing with the occasional - or sometimes plentiful - comes with the territory.

Please remember that Brian's peers have described him as a loner without friends. He managed to corral a very sweet, liberated and pliable girl into his world. Please also remember that they weren't living with Gabby's parents. She was living under the rule of Brian AND his parents. That's a heavy load for a young girl. The fact that the family has circled the wagons around Brian may be an indication of the environment Gabby occupied. Maybe, over time, her opinion and reaction to being emotionally hog-tied or blamed for some kind of social disloyalty to him made her timid in private. By reaching out to the world in a very determined way, she exhibited a threat to the self-serving loyalty he demanded of her and a betrayal of the secrets within him. From what I can see, it was the bringing together of a sweet gregarious, young girl and a man determined to capture and immobilize her entirely.

Thank you for this post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member