Found Deceased MT - Rebekah Barsotti 33, & dog (fnd deceased), Town Pump, Superior, Mineral Co, 20 Jul 2021 *Reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the link, it was a great interview. Unfortunately it clashed with the timing of locating Gabby.
As I said in the chat that day, this family deserves answers and we will keep the discussion going and help all we can.

Just a note: The part of the WS video with Tricia dedicated to Rebekah’s case begins at around 1:12 and ends around 1:37.

I'm sorry I can't go to the vigil but I will be thinking of it...

I was really touched to hear Rebekah was "into" angels. I reach out to Avacyn, the angel of hope. May the universe give your family a sign....where are you sweet Rebekah.

878_540x540.jpg

Last edited:
I was touched by @laurawlms post (Find Rebekah page) about the bald eagle sighting at the riverbank location where Rebekah’s belongings were found.

The eagles are likely a bonded couple who has claimed the area as theirs, maybe with a nest nearby (they are generally mates for life). If only these beautiful creatures could talk. Did they see Rebekah and her dog that day? :(

Last edited:
I was introduced to this case when I was watching websleuths on yt last night.

First, my deepest sympathies go out to Rebekah's family. I can't imagine the heartbreak of not knowing where she is, and the sense of helplessness it must create. :(

It appears that LE is going to scale back or stop looking for Rebekah, and that is just not okay at all, IMO.

Has the family considered contacting Equusearch? Their website: texasequusearch.org has a place where you can ask for their help. They are a nonprofit organization, and very committed to finding missing loved ones. They are very good, with a vast amount of experience both on land and in water.

Thank you for you kindness. We have contacted Equusearch twice that I know of and they are not able to help, unfortunately. Thank you for your recommendation though.

Perhaps one of the many podcasts focusing on missing people, like "The Vanished", may be interested in investigating.
Sometimes bringing public awareness through a podcast can influence how law enforcement proceeds with a case.
It couldn't hurt to contact a few podcasters to see if you can drum up interest in creating a program about her disappearance.

I will search for podcasters. Some of this is out of my technical expertise. Are podcasters found on Youtube?

I will search for podcasters. Some of this is out of my technical expertise. Are podcasters found on Youtube?
Try John Lordon on youtube. He has worked with Trish and websleuths. He is very receptive to stories like yours. He can be contacted via email, and right from his channel.
https://www.youtube.com/c/LordanARTS

Vigil held for missing woman in Missoula

Video embedded. I snipped some pieces.

MISSOULA, Mont. — Friends and family gathered Monday evening at McCormick Park in Missoula for a missing woman.

Barsotti and her dog disappeared along what experts call a wild, chaotic stretch of the Clark Fork River – rest stop rapids, west of Missoula in Mineral County.

NBC Montana spoke to Barsotti's mother, Angela Mastrovito, she tells us, "the public support has been overwhelming. It is so encouraging to us, Rebekah’s family, to know that the people of Montana are embracing her and are willing to take time out of their day to support us in this endeavor."

They have programs on quite a few cases that get little attention, I just listened to one about Echo Lloyd, episode 265, the lack of attention given by police made me think of Rebekah. Maybe give it a listen to get an idea to see if it's something that the family and friends may want to do.

Their website: The Vanished Podcast

Here's a link to the submission form:
If you have a missing loved one that you would like to have featured on the show, please fill out our case submission form:
Case Submission Form — The Vanished Podcast

Saw this on YouTube. It says it’s from The Missoulian: “Searchers look over the area of the Clark Fork River where Rebekah Barsotti is believed to have gone missing.”

edited to add:It does look like fast-moving water, but it’s hard to know the strength and depth to me, as an inexperienced water person. (just my thoughts)

The video’s date for YouTube says 7/31, but I don’t know when this video was taken.

Last edited:
Does this tie in (sorry, I'm not familiar with the State, but saw Flathead mentioned earlier)?

Human remains found along Flathead River (kpax.com)

?!?
Thank you, poster @?!? .
@laurawlms, are you already aware of this? Hate to think it, but—any possibility?
From Wikipedia of Flathead River’s location:
300px-Flathead_River_Map.png

This was on 9/7. I have heard of Flathead. But I have not had anyone mention this to me.

I have not heard about this. I will ask Rebekah's mom to check on this.

Have you had a chance to ask about this yet laurawlms?

I think it's approximately a 2 - 3 hour drive between the location Rebekah went missing and the location of the mystery body?

Where as if we're talking river currents, it looks like the Flathead River flows TO the Clark Fork River, not the other way around?

Flathead River - Wikipedia :
The Flathead River (Salish: ntx̣ʷetkʷ, ntx̣ʷe),[5] in the northwestern part of the U.S. state of Montana, originates in the Canadian Rockies to the north of Glacier National Park and flows southwest into Flathead Lake, then after a journey of 158 miles (254 km), empties into the Clark Fork. The river is part of the Columbia River drainage basin, as the Clark Fork is a tributary of the Pend Oreille River, a Columbia River tributary. With a drainage basin extending over 8,795 square miles (22,780 km2) and an average discharge of 11,380 cubic feet per second (322 m3/s), the Flathead is the largest tributary of the Clark Fork and constitutes over half of its flow.[6]

Clark Fork River - Wikipedia :
The Clark Fork, or the Clark Fork of the Columbia River, is a river in the U.S. states of Montana and Idaho, approximately 310 miles (500 km) long. The largest river by volume in Montana,[11] it drains an extensive region of the Rocky Mountains in western Montana and northern Idaho in the watershed of the Columbia River. The river flows northwest through a long valley at the base of the Cabinet Mountains and empties into Lake Pend Oreille in the Idaho Panhandle. The Pend Oreille River in Idaho, Washington, and British Columbia, Canada which drains the lake to the Columbia in Washington, is sometimes included as part of the Clark Fork, giving it a total length of 479 miles (771 km), with a drainage area of 25,820 square miles (66,900 km2). In its upper 20 miles (32 km) in Montana near Butte, it is known as Silver Bow Creek. Interstate 90 follows much of the upper course of the river from Butte to Saint Regis. The highest point within the river's watershed is Mount Evans at 10,641 feet (3,243 m) in Deer Lodge County, Montana along the Continental Divide.[12] The Clark Fork is a Class I river for recreational purposes in Montana from Warm Springs Creek to the Idaho border.[13] The Clark Fork should not be confused with the Clarks Fork of the Yellowstone River, which is located in Montana and Wyoming.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-22 03.31.02.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-22 03.31.02.png
    715.1 KB · Views: 6
I did ask Rebekah'
Have you had a chance to ask about this yet laurawlms?

I think it's approximately a 2 - 3 hour drive between the location Rebekah went missing and the location of the mystery body?

Where as if we're talking river currents, it looks like the Flathead River flows TO the Clark Fork River, not the other way around?

Flathead River - Wikipedia :

Clark Fork River - Wikipedia :

I did ask Rebekah's mom about this. She has not replied to me yet.

Saw this on YouTube. It says it’s from The Missoulian: “Searchers look over the area of the Clark Fork River where Rebekah Barsotti is believed to have gone missing.”

edited to add:It does look like fast-moving water, but it’s hard to know the strength and depth to me, as an inexperienced water person. (just my thoughts)

The video’s date for YouTube says 7/31, but I don’t know when this video was taken.

I have seen this video before. The water does move fast in that area. This is the area where they say Rebekah went missing.

They have programs on quite a few cases that get little attention, I just listened to one about Echo Lloyd, episode 265, the lack of attention given by police made me think of Rebekah. Maybe give it a listen to get an idea to see if it's something that the family and friends may want to do.

Their website: The Vanished Podcast

Here's a link to the submission form:
If you have a missing loved one that you would like to have featured on the show, please fill out our case submission form:
Case Submission Form — The Vanished Podcast

Thank you for this podcast. I will pass the case submission form on to Rebekah's mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10