Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a link.
I saw that the youtube channel that found their van (Red White & Bethune) is trying to get Gabby's Nomadic Statik to 100k followers so that YouTube will send them the coveted play button you get when you reach that many followers. It is a goal of so many youtubers, I think it's a nice gesture. So far it is at 75k.

SBM:

...Or your gaslighting fiancé dismisses your need for tidiness and has repeatedly led you to believe that you "have OCD" and "are crazy" and your completely normal (and necessary in a small van on a cross-country road trip!) requests that he keep things tidy too are completely unreasonable. Prob, "See how you are crying about this? Your anxiety has made you crazy!"

Instead of it being about him devaluing her needs, he slyly makes it about her "being mean" to him, and suddenly he's now the victim.

Gaslighting is a true brainwarp and you don't even realize its happening. Well, my experience, anyway. I'm sure I am projecting my own experiences on that, too. MOO.

Rest in Paradise, sweet Gabby.

I wish I could like this a million times. I think this was exactly the dynamic between them.

I think he was also capable of making messes on purpose to upset her and then punish her for reacting to that. MOO

She must’ve felt so alone

You know what's really sad?

Gabby wanted to be an Influencer. She wanted to be known on social media and have that following and engagement from people far and wide. This is what she was trying to build up with her blogs and posts, so that we could follow her adventures.

There's a bitter irony in the fact that the hashtag of her name has been viewed over 650 million times so far, but for all the wrong reasons.

Whoever did this to her - whether BL or not - I hope they get what's coming to them.

MOO

Good points. Maybe the best "Influencing" that can come from this whole sad situation is to set up a memorial fund for a series of shelters for domestic violence victims - in her name- who are camping or living the van life and find themselves in a toxic relationship. Maybe every national park should have a safe house for people who are in potential danger, or at least a place to ask for help and not be ignored and diminished.

Gabby had no where else to go and seemingly didn't want to admit to her own mother that the relationship was totally failing. Very understandable. But maybe she could have talked to a total stranger who she felt would take her seriously and be on her side, after she had thought about it for awhile. IMHO

I’d love to follow. How do we find it! A benefit to Gabby.
It's here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsgnE460ebvgB1I30gwuLkw

(ETA - for those seeing this that didn't see the original - I saw that the youtube channel that found their van (Red White & Bethune) is trying to get Gabby's Nomadic Statik to 100k followers so that YouTube will send (hopefully to her family) the coveted play button you get when you reach that many followers. It is a goal of so many youtubers, I think it's a nice gesture. So far it is at 75k.)

Son returns home from trip without fiance.
Refuses to talk to her parents. Refuses to talk to police.

If it were just that simple.

I can think of several plausible narratives that a supportive parent would believe.

He may be guilty of murder and they may be guilty of helping him afterwards.

It is just not always as simple as some people want it to be.

so JMHO but I guess it is "polite" of the complicit parents to say RIP Gabby...but frankly I would prefer they not say anything with regard to Gabby. They didn't say a darn thing when everyone was searching for her, so they should just sthu now as well.
That's my opinion.

Yeah it sucks but he's doing his job. Defense lawyering for criminal defendants is an ugly business. You deal with the worst of the worst and are bound by ethical duty to give them the best defense. While some defense lawyers are Saul Goodman-esque and have no morals, there are good ones that fight the good fight for defendants who are wrongfully accused or treated unfairly by the system. When you get in that game, dealing with the occasional - or sometimes plentiful - ******* comes with the territory.

My lawyers favorite thing to say to me was 'just shut up'.

Did anyone catch the (strong) similarities between the mysterious object on the driver’s seat in the van on the slowed-down version of Red, White & Bethune video (looking behind as they pass the van) and the backpack the man in the wildlife cam still shot in Oskaloosa national park in FL?? I believe both are posted upstream. Or see below. I honestly didn’t think it was a backpack in the van - but it looks to me JUST LIKE what the man is carrying on cam shot.
Here is Brian Entin’s post of photo
https://mobile.twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1440397978762579974/photo/1

Well instead of trying to figure out how he did it, it can be effective trying to find something that could prove he is innocent. There is only a handful of those left, and they sound increasing less likely every hour. I in no way think Brian is innocent, but evidently, the police don t have enough to charge him yet either.

I know he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, don't think he has the resources to flee the country, but I have a hard time thinking he is camping out this whole time either.

One thing that puzzles me, what is his story gonna be? Is he gonna say he wasn't with her, he left and somebody else killed her? He had plenty of time to bury her why did he leave easily found? Did he just panic?

I responded upthread, but YouTube will only send it to the address on file. And that address is likely her last registered address in Florida (which according to LE is Brian's parent's house).
I did see that later. Phew this thing moves fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth