Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it were just that simple.

I can think of several plausible narratives that a supportive parent would believe.

He may be guilty of murder and they may be guilty of helping him afterwards.

It is just not always as simple as some people want it to be.

Occam's Razor.

And what plausible, innocent scenario would cause a parent to refuse to speak to the parents of the girl who just didn't come back with their son?

I believe there are alligators, snakes, and also the area has been in flood which makes the threat of both of those so much worse. I believe it's crazy bad with mosquitos there too, so really not an environment someone would want to be in if they wanted to survive.

MOO
Mosquitos haven't been too bad, despite all the rain. I was hiking recently east of Northport in a swampy area and I was more concerned about snakes than I was bugs. Trail maintenance on our trail system is mostly voluntary and there is not a lot done over the summer months so the brush was really high in certain sections.

I keep seeing wild speculation about BL. Keep in mind, he's a 23 year old boy. He's barely an adult. He's not a survival expert. He's not a master of disguise. He has no connections. He most likely is not hiding out at someone's house. He is probably, so far, quite lucky he hasn't been caught yet—because of his inexperience. This idea that he's somehow a MacGyver type who has all of these skills you see in movies just isn't reality.

I know nothing of the conditions in the reserve but I was wondering if in fact BL went into the reserve and killed himself, and was eaten by an alligator, what is the likelihood that he accompanying items (backpack, gun, etc.) would be found. People have mentioned marshy conditions and rising waters. Is it conceivable that these items would be lost? Is there a dry period where the reserve dries out and these items would then be able to be seen?

I wondered the same thing

Just spit ballin here..
Incapable of love.? No arm chair psychology or internet diagnosis here. However, some people are incapable of love and some people are incapable of telling the truth and to go even further, some people do not have a conscience and that is very very frightening.
It is very frightening!! I have to say that I never, ever thought this would be the outcome of this case. I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't the horrible murder of this beautiful young lady. I really am in shock.

Yes, this exactly. I've been trying to get an answer to this question. How did the parents know about the note on the Mustang when it was parked at the swamp?

They went looking for him that wednesday, saw the note, left the car for him to drive home, then when he didnt come back thursday, drove it back, then called LE on friday after (I assume) their attorney telling them to.

If it were just that simple.

I can think of several plausible narratives that a supportive parent would believe.

He may be guilty of murder and they may be guilty of helping him afterwards.

It is just not always as simple as some people want it to be.
The fact that they misled police into thinking he was in their home when he was not… and didn’t tell them when he left… does not bode well for them.

I don't post often but this one just really bothers me more than any have in a while. I keep seeing Gabby in the video where she is so upset and crying. It's so sad, how could someone hurt her? She was just a kid and had her whole life ahead of her.

Terrible, tragic situation for all involved. Prayers for her family and friends.

IMO
So true - I am gutted for Gabby and her family. She should have had at least another 50 years or more of life. IMO no doubt BL did this and I hope he is caught and locked away for a long time. She must have been absolutely terrified in her final moments, and then he just leaves her out there for the animals while he goes home and takes a bike ride with his mom. Despicable.

From deductive reasoning, we can surmise that the FBI directed the search go back to Carlton Reserve because they have not seen any bankcard or cell phone activity from Brian for the last week. You know they've got to be monitoring all of his relatives phonelines, his known numbers, and his bank accounts since the suspect can't do anything without money. My guess is that the coward walked out into the swamp somewhere and shot himself knowing they would catch up to him sooner or later. I expect them to find him dead in the next few days.

Good points. Maybe the best "Influencing" that can come from this whole sad situation is to set up a memorial fund for a series of shelters for domestic violence victims - in her name- who are camping or living the van life and find themselves in a toxic relationship. Maybe every national park should have a safe house for people who are in potential danger, or at least a place to ask for help and not be ignored and diminished.

Gabby had no where else to go and seemingly didn't want to admit to her own mother that the relationship was totally failing. Very understandable. But maybe she could have talked to a total stranger who she felt would take her seriously and be on her side, after she had thought about it for awhile. IMHO

Her parents are lovely people and I thin they will want to engage with any project in her name.

Come what may,
Gabby, we will never forget you!

I know nothing of the conditions in the reserve but I was wondering if in fact BL went into the reserve and killed himself, and was eaten by an alligator, what is the likelihood that he accompanying items (backpack, gun, etc.) would be found. People have mentioned marshy conditions and rising waters. Is it conceivable that these items would be lost? Is there a dry period where the reserve dries out and these items would then be able to be seen?
It depends. These reserves are huge areas.

Yes, swampy areas do dry considerably over the winter months when there is not much rain. I've crossed streams that were chest deep and a couple of months later I could step over them and not even get my feet wet.

It is strange (and a little irritating) to me how his family keeps releasing short, flippant statements concerning Gabby.
Have they done so recently? I saw a statement from Gabby's family but perhaps I missed one from BL's family...?

Manner of death is homicide.
I was wondering how they were able to determine so fast. Usually it takes weeks if not months. So this must have been some kind of physical identifier that was obvious? like broken neck from strangulation or gunshot wound. not saying she was shot but just curious how it was determined so quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288