Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Referring to this - beneath the 16
j6XXJUG

ETA: not sure why it won't show up
j6XXJUG

It does look like blood potentially.

I'm actually tired of myself now because I feel myself writing different versions of the same sentiment for a week already.

I don't want to keep repeating myself when there isn't anything new to say, but again, I can't understand any excuses for the Laundrie parents. Yes, they love their son more than they loved Gabby, that's normal. But she wasn't just his girlfriend; she was a member of their household. Their grandchildren considered her an aunt. They knew each other when they all lived on Long Island. This isn't some fiancée that he met in Europe whom his parents hadn't met and hadn't bonded with.

Whatever scenario BL told them, or what the lawyer told them,
there's no valid reason for them to have refused phone calls from her parents. None. Whatever they knew, didn't know or came to know, at least be human. Say you don't know where she is or why he came back without her, even if you're lying, but have some decency to at least answer them. Of course the truth would've been 1000x better. We don't understand what has happened with our son, we are trying to get answers out of Brian, etc. Or, we are unable to answer you on the advice of our attorney, but we mourn for you.

On WS we are all entitled to our opinion, and this is JMO, but I do agree that some of the excuse scenarios seem far-fetched, at least to me.

Just gonna drop this off (18 U.S. Code § 3 - Accessory after the fact):

18 U.S. Code § 3 - Accessory after the fact

Whoever, knowing that an offense against the United States has been committed, receives, relieves, comforts or assists the offender in order to hinder or prevent his apprehension, trial or punishment, is an accessory after the fact.

Except as otherwise expressly provided by any Act of Congress, an accessory after the fact shall be imprisoned not more than one-half the maximum term of imprisonment or (notwithstanding section 3571) fined not more than one-half the maximum fine prescribed for the punishment of the principal, or both; or if the principal is punishable by life imprisonment or death, the accessory shall be imprisoned not more than 15 years.
Just a hypothetical. If BL is found dead by suicide do you think the Feds will still charge his parents with this offense? Or will they drop it?

I don't believe this is what he told them, but ok, a theoretical reply. Everyone keeps saying it was Gabby's van, and it was titled in her name, but he was the primary driver, they were using it as the staple of their online brand , & they were allegedly engaged. Its entirely possible his parents saw the van as essentially joint property.

What he could have told them (theoretically) was that they were taking a break from each other and she was off on a side van adventure with a friend she'd met up on the road. And she told him she didn't want her parents to know because they would worry.....

Yah. Nah. Not even in theory. ;)

But in one of her videos, she is seen driving the van... her father stated he stole the van. His parents know better, and if they considered it joint property then they are obviously just as entitled as I suspect they are.

Just jumping off your post .... I looked up their lawyer last night, to see what his professional experience is. He covers almost all segments of law. Real estate, business, civil and commercial litigation, personal injury.

His criminal case experience amounts to:
  • DWI and Narcotics Violations
  • Burglary & Larceny
  • Rape & Sexual Offenses
  • Assault & Battery
  • Trespass & Disorderly Conduct
  • Traffic Offenses – Suspended Licenses
The East Islip Law Offices of Steven P. Bertolino, P.C.

He may be in over his head on this case.

Unless he has privilege to practice in Wyoming, both federal and state, he won't be his attorney should it come to a murder trial.

He will say they arr

He will “say” that they arrived at Spread creek and he went for a hike, when he came back, Gabby was gone! He went looking for her, searching and searching, wandering a great distance, calling for her. He spent two nights out looking and when he came upon a road, he hitchiked, trying to get back to the van. When he finally made it back, she STILL was not there! He was afraid she had ditched him so he had no other choice but to take the van home. Lying sack <modsnip>

Sounds plausible enough until "he was afraid she had ditched him" How was he ditched? the van was there? Who would she have run off with? at a campsite?

It’s not just one media outlet vs another. It came up on the boards as soon as the statement from the lawyer came out (it is his contention, BTW, and ABC is just reporting what HE said). Everyone was all like, WTF, the car was there on Wed. If you look through all the media in the media thread, you can find date stamped photos I think in the Daily Mail clearly showing the Mustang there on Wed. I am going to say IMHO because there is no way I am going to search all these threads, but I do think maybe Oviedo posted a side by side with date stamped pictures proving that this lawyer got his days wrong, or, in my opinion, LIED to make it look a little less suspicious.

This thread from reporter Brian Entin (at NewsNationNow) covers this information:
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1439938528465543174?s=20

I wonder if a key to the van was found with Gabby’s body. If not, he can’t say she was killed when he left the van and her and went on the hike and tried to hitchhike back. Gabby would not have left the van without a key. So if there was no key on Gabby’s person when she was found, he either found her body after his “hike” and removed the key or he killed her before he left to go and “hike”, with the hopes of creating an alibi and thinking someone else would find her. (Regardless there should have been 2 keys sold w/that van and both Brian and Gabby should have had one on them at all times. FBI needs to find out if she got 2 keys with purchase of the van and locate both for evidence) JMO but I’m totally hung up on her anxiety over being ‘left, locked out, etc’. This Red Hot Momma with similar anxiety issues wouldn’t have gone a mile down the road without a 2nd key in my pocket for the entire trip!

My thought as well. The one on the tree looks like it to me, but it could also just be the lighting. If a gun was involved (which, to be clear, there is no evidence of right now), it raises a lot more questions about the power dynamic between the two of them on the trip if he had it the entire time (or perhaps retrieved it on his trip back to FL). MOO.
I also wondered if he went back to FL on that trip to get a fun/weapon.

It seems strange that this house sold for just $120,000 in 2015. The market was still staggering at that point, but it's a really lowball price for a three-bedroom house with a lanai and swimming pool in that area. I wonder if it needed major renovations and listing it for sale in 2017 was an attempt to flip it.

It's also a relatively small house. I keep thinking about that. The Laundries lived with Gabby in that small house for two years. Two years of making breakfasts together, of sitting and watching television together, of holidays and birthdays together, of going about the little household daily duties and chores together with a young woman they were already thinking of as a potential daughter-in-law and mother of their grandchildren. Two whole years of getting to know Gabby and presumably love her, as she seemed quite lovable (those postcards to BL's sister's children had me in tears.)

And yet when something happened to her, she meant nothing to them. They showed no sign of caring about Gabby in the least. Even if they disliked her parents, the inhuman callousness of their behavior toward Gabby's parents and toward Gabby herself is shocking, Whatever thin and ridiculous lie BL might have come up with doesn't excuse it or even explain it.

Yet the news outlets keep reporting the house as being "10,000 square feet." Did I read that correctly?

Re: another post above (too many to search through at this rate), it was stated that G and B were engaged; however, according to Gabby's mother the two had broken the engagement, quoting them as saying they were "too young" to get married. (NY Post).

It's so sad. It takes on average seven times of trying to leave before a victim leaves because of how dangerous it is. It's truly terrifying.
It is. The Day I left and after was one of the scariest times of my life, worried about what he might do. The DA played no games though and issued an immediate TRO. The PD even gave me a security system with cameras to install, and also helped me with my water bill. I had an ocean of support around me because I finally sought help and had the courage to press charges. It's not as easy to walk away as some people think. Gabby was probably only beginning to seriously think about the trajectory of her life and whether she really wanted to be with Brian. Unfortunately she is was in a terrible predicament, on the road in a cramped van with her abuser, and in an isolated area. Just such horrible conditions. Poor Gabby

<modsnip> They are doing the right thing by not talking. You don't know what they knew, if anything, when they knew it.

You realize this is the hottest case in the country right now? You're reading into "May Gabby rest in peace" so imagine they said anything else, you would twist and turn it however you see fit to make them look like monsters. You don't know what happened, none of us do. I don't understand how this continues to be allowed here. IMO his parents are victims as they lost their soon to be daughter-in-law and now possibly their son.

<modsnip>
They also "lost" opportunity.
"We called Brian, we called the mom, we called the dad, we called the sister, we called every number that we could find,” Petito said. “No phone calls were picked up, no text messages were returned.”

"Petito said he wants Laundrie to be held accountable for whatever part he played in Gabby’s disappearance, along with his family for protecting him."

Brian Laundrie search shifts, warrant served on parents’ home day after Gabby Petito’s body likely found

It's also a relatively small house. I keep thinking about that. The Laundries lived with Gabby in that small house for two years. Two years of making breakfasts together, of sitting and watching television together, of holidays and birthdays together, of going about the little household daily duties and chores together with a young woman they were already thinking of as a potential daughter-in-law and mother of their grandchildren. Two whole years of getting to know Gabby and presumably love her, as she seemed quite lovable (those postcards to BL's sister's children had me in tears.)

And yet when something happened to her, she meant nothing to them. They showed no sign of caring about Gabby in the least. Even if they disliked her parents, the inhuman callousness of their behavior toward Gabby's parents and toward Gabby herself is shocking, Whatever thin and ridiculous lie BL might have come up with doesn't excuse it or even explain it.

ABSOLUTELY agree with this 100%! If your child lives with another family for 2 years, you would think that they would grow to love her, care about her, protect her. They could at least answer the phone and say "no comment" or "hey, get a lawyer, heads up". I don't want to judge these people, but would they not have expected the same decency if the table were turned and it was BL missing and they were trying to phone Gabby's parents???

Welcome Back

Please Read and Note:

-BL’s parents are not currently named POI’s by LE. BL is the only individual named a POI by LE at this time. Accusations of involvement are not permitted. You can factually discuss what they have done to date as presented in media. You can not speculate beyond that. While it can be a challenge, at times we may need to separate our emotions to stay focused on known facts as they have been presented.

-If you come across a post that you feel is a violation of TOS, please simply report the post with the violation reason. Please do not assume or ask “Why are mods allowing this?”. Please do not be demeaning or combative with the mods.

To offer some insight, there only a few mods. We volunteer our personal time to be here with you. We are not able to read each and every post as soon as it hits the board. This is a very fast thread and in addition to trying to keep up by reading posts, we are removing posts, editing posts, creating threads, and responding to PM’s. We can’t keep up in real time. This is one of over 400,000 threads with nearly 200,000 members.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member