Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a hypothetical. If BL is found dead by suicide do you think the Feds will still charge his parents with this offense? Or will they drop it?

In that hypothetical I don't think they would proceed - I think they'd feel comfortable that the family members felt bad enough about what they did that prosecution would not serve any state ends.

I think in general the prosecution would have wide discretion in deciding whether to charge any family members even if the suspect is captured and arrested. If someone provided, for example, a car and a weapon - that situation may weigh in favor of charges. If the family decides to talk and provides evidence that they did not know a crime was committed, they may decide not to press charges. So it would depend on the specific factual situation.

Welcome Back

Please Read and Note:

-BL’s parents are not currently named POI’s by LE. BL is the only individual named a POI by LE at this time. Accusations of involvement are not permitted. You can factually discuss what they have done to date as presented in media. You can not speculate beyond that. While it can be a challenge, at times we may need to separate our emotions to stay focused on known facts as they have been presented.

-If you come across a post that you feel is a violation of TOS, please simply report the post with the violation reason. Please do not assume or ask “Why are mods allowing this?”. Please do not be demeaning or combative with the mods.

To offer some insight, there only a few mods. We volunteer our personal time to be here with you. We are not able to read each and every post as soon as it hits the board. This is a very fast thread and in addition to trying to keep up by reading posts, we are removing posts, editing posts, creating threads, and responding to PM’s. We can’t keep up in real time. This is one of over 400,000 active threads with nearly 200,00 members.
Thank you so much for all that you do!!!!!

I had not read that the SISTER did not answer either. SAD to not answer or return a call. Yet, we have now seen her share postcards to the news. I wonder what changed there.
They also "lost" opportunity.
"We called Brian, we called the mom, we called the dad, we called the sister, we called every number that we could find,” Petito said. “No phone calls were picked up, no text messages were returned.”

"Petito said he wants Laundrie to be held accountable for whatever part he played in Gabby’s disappearance, along with his family for protecting him."

Brian Laundrie search shifts, warrant served on parents’ home day after Gabby Petito’s body likely found

Now we have this Jessica Schultz coming out and saying she saw Brian on the the evening of August 26th at 8:10pm at Spread Creek Campground. So now* it seems we have to go back even further and suggest Gabby could have been killed the night of the 25th into the early morning hours of the 26th. Jessica said they weren't even in a designated campsite but more of a parking spot and had none of their equipment or anything unpacked the whole time the van was parked there. "A few days." Could Gabby and Brian have arrived the evening of the 25th after dark, stopped at Spread Creek but didn't know where to camp or whom to talk to about getting a spot so they just parked the van in that random spot, something happened, Brian kills Gabby, then disposes of her across the river from where the van was parked. Brian returns to the van to recompose himself and more or less "hides" in the van. On the next evening of the 27th Brian is spotted (allegedly) closing the back door to the van as that couple drives by filming. Then, perhaps on the morning of the 28th Brian finally comes out of whatever bizarre, catatonic, trance he's been in the last few days and hikes out of Spread Creek on foot and seemingly wanders round the park until he approaches Miranda Lambert and her boyfriend on the evening of the 29th at Coulter Bay Village. Also, I watched Jessica Schultz's other TikTok videos and I 100% agree with her theory about why Brian freaked out and asked to get let out at Jackson Lake Dam. It seems Brian wanted get closer to Spread Creek Campground but also did not want to give anyone any hints that that was where he was heading. Back for the van. Taking that "Teton Park Road" would have bypassed Spread Creek Campground and Forest Rd 30290 completely. ~Yet another theory.

TikTok witness who noticed ‘creepy’ Laundrie alone directed police to Petito’s body

Exactly. I cannot think of a reasonable story that would involve him driving HER van back to HIS house and her parents not having any idea of where she is.

Especially when you factor in that whatever he told them, they refused any communication from Gabby’s family as to where their daughter was!!!

Brian Laundrie's neighbor reacts to Gabby Petito homicide confirmation

Charlene Guthrie, who lives across the street from Brian Laundrie's Florida home on Tuesday reacted to news of Gabby Petito's preliminary autopsy report.

Guthrie noted that while Laundrie has not been accused of any crime, the FBI's announcement that Petito died of homicide and Laundrie's disappearance in September look "really, really bad for him," adding that his parents should have spoken up.

Attachments

• E74D6315-0666-4F52-B4B9-3235733B3D67.jpeg
    E74D6315-0666-4F52-B4B9-3235733B3D67.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 182
  • E80A3F72-621C-468D-81EA-02ED4B7B0FC0.jpeg
    E80A3F72-621C-468D-81EA-02ED4B7B0FC0.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 160
Did the police find Gabbys phone?
If not,its still possible that Brian went hiking to get away from the arguing and give Gabby some peace to work on her blog.While he was gone some men with guns discovered Gabby alone,and forced her with a
gun to walk to that spot in the woods where they did whatever to her and murdered her.Then they took
her phone and made those text message replies to buy them some time, then ditched the phone somewhere.
Brian later comes back after a day or 2 and she's not there,sees that things are amiss ,gets scared thinking
somethings bad has happened and thinks what if they are still around and is so traumatized that all he can think of is to get the heck out of there and go home.Doesn't talk to anyone about it because hes too scared.

Coroner IDs remains, says Gabby Petito was homicide victim - ABC News (go.com)
NORTH PORT, Fla. --
Gabby Petito was killed by another person, a coroner concluded while also confirming that the human remains found recently at a Wyoming national park were those of the 22-year-old woman who disappeared months after she set out on a cross-country road trip with her boyfriend, the FBI said Tuesday.

Teton County Coroner Brent Blue determined Petito was a homicide victim, but did not disclose a cause of death pending final autopsy results, officials said. Her body was found Sunday near an undeveloped camping area in remote northern Wyoming along the border of Grand Teton National Park.

I just wonder whether it is a crime not to tell authorities if you know someone has died?

Even if we give BL's parents the benefit of the doubt that they didn't help Brian escape, it's virtually impossible that they didn't know Gabby was dead. They would not have hired a lawyer otherwise.

And, then they sent a message, via their attorney saying they hoped Ms Petito was reunited with her family.

I don't know if any of that makes them criminals, but in the minds of many, it makes them the scum of the earth.

That said, I do feel a little sorry for them. Their lives as they knew them are over. The young lady who lived under their roof was murdered, and their son--if he's alive--faces a lifetime of running. Their hopes for him to have a good life are over, and people will always wonder if the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Gabby's parents can hold their head high. They lost an angle. Not so for the Laundries. <modsnip>

I don't know at the time he disappeared he didnt have the right to move freely about. It seems if they are going to be accused of helping him escape then he had to have been under some sort of house arrest. I don't know that the facts at this time support connecting those dots. Maybe they do. In any event I won't jump to conclusions based off someone else's speculation and opinion. I freely admit their actions are questionable, at best. I'm not sure how I'd react if it were my kid under similar circumstances.

Watching the video of the people walking around that campsite and to the other side of the bushes... I hope anyone who questioned why anyone would camp there has changed their mind by now. It's an absolutely beautiful area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member