Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO The friend she was going to meet there who she had went to stay with the other times they had a fight?

I've been following this case since the beginning and enjoy reading everyone's theories.

I keep seeing it stated that she was meeting the friend on the 29th. Her friend only said Gabby was supposed to call her on that day to make future meet up plans.

From article below: Rose had even asked her boss for days off for the trip. They were planning to lock in a specific date on August 29, Rose's birthday, but Gabby never called.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10002817/amp/Gabby-Petitos-best-friend-claims-Brian-Laundrie-jealous-controlling.html

I wonder what that is in the middle of #13. Is it a gun slug? And I looked really hard at the 2 other pics and can't tell what they are tagging. Obviously they know but I'm not seeing anything as obvious to me as what's in the middle of #13.

ETA - Even though it's obviously something in the middle of #13 I obviously have no clue what it is. lol

Thank you for sharing. :)

Last edited:
Now we have this Jessica Schultz coming out and saying she saw Brian on the the evening of August 26th at 8:10pm at Spread Creek Campground. So now* it seems we have to go back even further and suggest Gabby could have been killed the night of the 25th into the early morning hours of the 26th. Jessica said they weren't even in a designated campsite but more of a parking spot and had none of their equipment or anything unpacked the whole time the van was parked there. "A few days." Could Gabby and Brian have arrived the evening of the 25th after dark, stopped at Spread Creek but didn't know where to camp or whom to talk to about getting a spot so they just parked the van in that random spot, something happened, Brian kills Gabby, then disposes of her across the river from where the van was parked. Brian returns to the van to recompose himself and more or less "hides" in the van. On the next evening of the 27th Brian is spotted (allegedly) closing the back door to the van as that couple drives by filming. Then, perhaps on the morning of the 28th Brian finally comes out of whatever bizarre, catatonic, trance he's been in the last few days and hikes out of Spread Creek on foot and seemingly wanders round the park until he approaches Miranda Lambert and her boyfriend on the evening of the 29th at Coulter Bay Village. Also, I watched Jessica Schultz's other TikTok videos and I 100% agree with her theory about why Brian freaked out and asked to get let out at Jackson Lake Dam. It seems Brian wanted get closer to Spread Creek Campground but also did not want to give anyone any hints that that was where he was heading. Back for the van. Taking that "Teton Park Road" would have bypassed Spread Creek Campground and Forest Rd 30290 completely. ~Yet another theory.

TikTok witness who noticed ‘creepy’ Laundrie alone directed police to Petito’s body

I’m with you along these lines. I think I’m going to finally type out my theory tonight or tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
It does not specifically state his sister didn't answer. 'All' does not specify which family members and so does not necessarily mean they contacted the sister also.

I really think we need to consider that BL could have got his parents cell phones and blocked Gabby's parents numbers, this would mean no missed calls, no unanswered text messages because they wouldn't have got through and instead of the Laundries ignoring, they were never actually aware.

IMOO

I had not read that the SISTER did not answer either. SAD to not answer or return a call. Yet, we have now seen her share postcards to the news. I wonder what changed there.

If his story sounded off, why didn't his mom just call or text Gabby to make sure she was ok? Doesn't that sound logical? Unless of course he told them that she was no longer alive...

Thats my theory. He spun them a tale about having broke up and she had gone to her friend who she went to before. then mom gets a text asking about GP and wants to find out before responding. BL pours out his story and she freaks out, dad calls attorney to what they should do and attorney says do nothing, don't respond to anyone don't tell anyone. I'll handle it from here if you get a visit from the police.

I've been following this case since the beginning and enjoy reading everyone's theories.

I keep seeing it stated that she was meeting the friend on the 29th. Her friend only said Gabby was supposed to call her on that day to make future meet up plans.

From article below: Rose had even asked her boss for days off for the trip. They were planning to lock in a specific date on August 29, Rose's birthday, but Gabby never called.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10002817/amp/Gabby-Petitos-best-friend-claims-Brian-Laundrie-jealous-controlling.html

I never stated that, but yes, they were going to meet up in Yellowstone and they were close to Yellowstone so it was going to be soon.

https://twitter.com/KristinThorne/status/1440476162367516677

"We have just obtained from Moab City Police the witness statement from a man who saw Gabby and Brian fighting on Aug. 12."

So Chris was outside, not inside as kept getting repeated here. He seems to have seen the beginning of the fight, and was close enough to hear some of what was said.

BL took her phone & didn't want her in the van. They were talking to each other "aggressively." She punched him in the arm. She not only tried to get in the van, she *did* get in the van.

Eyewitness 2 (the 911 caller's) story doesn't match up with Chris's, just as LEO Eric said. Did they get back out of the van & that's when he attacked her? Doesn't seem possible, given what else Chris said. How would Chris, standing there, not driving by (911 caller), miss BL slapping Gabby?

Earlier is was suggested that the marks in the tree were caused by bullets.
I don't think he shot Gabby personally, because I believe shots would have been heard. There were other campers in the general area. Having camped in the wilderness myself, it is so very quiet.

No one has come forward that shots were heard, at least that we know of.
But...maybe someone has.

This witness statement confirms what many of us on here suspected all along. That Brian was the primary aggressor during the Moab incident, not Gabby. His words are very hard to read knowing what we know now.

I agree, pathetically sad and beyond frustrating. To me, a classic example of domestic violence. If nothing else, I hope this is a lesson to others what to be aware of.

It does not specifically state his sister didn't answer. 'All' does not specify which family members and so does not necessarily mean they contacted the sister also.

I really think we need to consider that BL could have got his parents cell phones and blocked Gabby's parents numbers, this would mean no missed calls, no unanswered text messages because they wouldn't have got through and instead of the Laundries ignoring, they were never actually aware.

IMOO

Yes, it does say they called the sister.

Brian Laundrie search shifts, warrant served on parents’ home day after Gabby Petito’s body likely found

ETA this quote:

Petito said his family began worrying after several days without hearing from their daughter.

“We called Brian, we called the mom, we called the dad, we called the sister, we called every number that we could find,” Petito said. “No phone calls were picked up, no text messages were returned.”

Now we have this Jessica Schultz coming out and saying she saw Brian on the the evening of August 26th at 8:10pm at Spread Creek Campground. So now* it seems we have to go back even further and suggest Gabby could have been killed the night of the 25th into the early morning hours of the 26th. Jessica said they weren't even in a designated campsite but more of a parking spot and had none of their equipment or anything unpacked the whole time the van was parked there. "A few days." Could Gabby and Brian have arrived the evening of the 25th after dark, stopped at Spread Creek but didn't know where to camp or whom to talk to about getting a spot so they just parked the van in that random spot, something happened, Brian kills Gabby, then disposes of her across the river from where the van was parked. Brian returns to the van to recompose himself and more or less "hides" in the van. On the next evening of the 27th Brian is spotted (allegedly) closing the back door to the van as that couple drives by filming. Then, perhaps on the morning of the 28th Brian finally comes out of whatever bizarre, catatonic, trance he's been in the last few days and hikes out of Spread Creek on foot and seemingly wanders round the park until he approaches Miranda Lambert and her boyfriend on the evening of the 29th at Coulter Bay Village. Also, I watched Jessica Schultz's other TikTok videos and I 100% agree with her theory about why Brian freaked out and asked to get let out at Jackson Lake Dam. It seems Brian wanted get closer to Spread Creek Campground but also did not want to give anyone any hints that that was where he was heading. Back for the van. Taking that "Teton Park Road" would have bypassed Spread Creek Campground and Forest Rd 30290 completely. ~Yet another theory.

TikTok witness who noticed ‘creepy’ Laundrie alone directed police to Petito’s body
Miranda Lambert :p
Jessica only saw Brian and he was parking the van in that spot, so yeah, I am thinking he killed GP on the 26th or so. I am totally spot on with your thinking, I think he hiked along the creek to the river and eventually, by hiking the whole way or hitching part of it, made his way to Coulter Bay. Then he hitched with Miranda until she was going the other way. He must have hitched back to FR 30290 with someone and I am waiting for more people to come forward with these kind of details.

I really hope people learn to recognize these signs when they witness an altercation or are a bystander. The male taking the female's phone is a major clue to DV. Using the automobile as a tool for power - threatening to abandon the victim by taking the auto - is another. Taking phones and car keys are such common DV tactics (and they are illegal). What would she do if he left her in Moab, taking HER van and HER phone? He was about to abandon her in the middle of nowhere with no way to contact anyone. I don't think she wanted to "stay with him". I think she wanted to maintain custody of her possessions and stay safe with the ability to return home eventually and to contact people. A 22 yo female in alone in the desert? Seems like he trashed her van and got aggressive with her for wanting to keep it nice and then blamed her by accusing her of being OCD and then tried to punish her for holding him accountable by threatening to abandon her.

Kristin Thorne @KristinThorne via Twitter — 8:40PM [Thorne is a reporter for WABC 7]
We have just obtained from Moab City Police the witness statement from a man who saw Gabby and Brian fighting on Aug. 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes