Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has already been covered (and I'm sure it has this thread is huge) - haven't there been reporters camped out by the parents house for days? Did any of them see him leave in the Mustang for his "hike"?

IMO

Edited for punctuation
No. It happened after they left on Tuesday night.

Sorry if this has already been covered (and I'm sure it has this thread is huge) - haven't there been reporters camped out by the parents house for days? Did any of them see him leave in the Mustang for his "hike"?

IMO

Edited for punctuation

I believe reporters arrived on Tuesday and the Mustang was already gone. Brian E. said the Mustang showed up on Wednesday morning when they arrived.

Here's the thread with evidence: https://mobile.twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1439593712271646721

Did the police find Gabbys phone?
If not,its still possible that Brian went hiking to get away from the arguing and give Gabby some peace to work on her blog.While he was gone some men with guns discovered Gabby alone,and forced her with a
gun to walk to that spot in the woods where they did whatever to her and murdered her.Then they took
her phone and made those text message replies to buy them some time, then ditched the phone somewhere.
Brian later comes back after a day or 2 and she's not there,sees that things are amiss ,gets scared thinking
somethings bad has happened and thinks what if they are still around and is so traumatized that all he can think of is to get the heck out of there and go home.Doesn't talk to anyone about it because hes too scared.
Because Brian is acting super innocent... I almost feel like you're joking here - do you really think this is plausible?

unfortunately Gabby seems like the empathic kind of person who internalized and self-blamed for things BL didn't like and discounted her own feelings. Giving him the benefit of the doubt. It's sad but we have to teach our girls to draw the line at the FIRST sign of disrespect. No second chances. No benefit of the doubt.

So actually BOTH witnesses thought Gabby was the victim. Until the brohood started up during the police stop.

We need to start educating kids about domestic violence. What it looks like, what it sounds like, what it is. And those who haven't experienced it need a triple lesson.

This was almost 2 hours ago, but the thread was closed. Just wanted to share for the bolded part as I saw some folks wondering.

Search crews beginning to come out of Carlton Reserve. I asked the media contact for NPPD if they’ll be back tomorrow he replied “that’s the plan.” He confirmed they have been running infrared at night. @mysuncoast
https://twitter.com/danichurtado_/status/1440449408697438208?s=21
Sounds like they expect he is alive, in that case.

I wonder what that is in the middle of #13. Is it a gun slug? And I looked really hard at the 2 other pics and can't tell what they are tagging. Obviously they know but I'm not seeing anything as obvious to me as what's in the middle of #13.

Thank you for sharing. :)

Most who have responded believe those are markers made by the forest service — spray marking on trees that are diseased and should come down. Likely true. I don’t think they would use paint on something sensitive during a crime investigation. JMO

Now we have this Jessica Schultz coming out and saying she saw Brian on the the evening of August 26th at 8:10pm at Spread Creek Campground. So now* it seems we have to go back even further and suggest Gabby could have been killed the night of the 25th into the early morning hours of the 26th. Jessica said they weren't even in a designated campsite but more of a parking spot and had none of their equipment or anything unpacked the whole time the van was parked there. "A few days." Could Gabby and Brian have arrived the evening of the 25th after dark, stopped at Spread Creek but didn't know where to camp or whom to talk to about getting a spot so they just parked the van in that random spot, something happened, Brian kills Gabby, then disposes of her across the river from where the van was parked. Brian returns to the van to recompose himself and more or less "hides" in the van. On the next evening of the 27th Brian is spotted (allegedly) closing the back door to the van as that couple drives by filming. Then, perhaps on the morning of the 28th Brian finally comes out of whatever bizarre, catatonic, trance he's been in the last few days and hikes out of Spread Creek on foot and seemingly wanders round the park until he approaches Miranda Lambert and her boyfriend on the evening of the 29th at Coulter Bay Village. Also, I watched Jessica Schultz's other TikTok videos and I 100% agree with her theory about why Brian freaked out and asked to get let out at Jackson Lake Dam. It seems Brian wanted get closer to Spread Creek Campground but also did not want to give anyone any hints that that was where he was heading. Back for the van. Taking that "Teton Park Road" would have bypassed Spread Creek Campground and Forest Rd 30290 completely. ~Yet another theory.

TikTok witness who noticed ‘creepy’ Laundrie alone directed police to Petito’s body
Now this makes total sense to me.

Hi all, I was a member here way way back in the day and this case has brought me back. I don't know how many of the rules have changed but my SIL just sent me this link for Twitter and I was wondering if anyone else has knowledge of this. Seems like it's from a police radio call but they switched channels. Please remove if this isn't allowed.
https://mobile.twitter.com/destinydollfac?lang=en
I heard it. i think it's another of many lookalikes.

The 911 call occurred first.

Chris mentions that someone had already called it in and he gave the officer his contact information when the officer came to talk to the caller.

What I think that means is that Witness 1 (caller) saw the early part of the fight in which he was chasing and slapping her. Witness 2 saw the second part of the fight where he was trying to take her phone and she was fighting back and trying to get into the van.

That makes sense, thanks, up to the point of the story where iirc, the 911 caller said they actually got into the van. If so, they must have both exited the van. Perhaps that was the part #2 saw, when AFTER chasing & slapping her, he took her phone & threatened to leave her there. And then told LE he locked her out to get distance because she needed to calm down.

I'm sorry but these pages move too fast for me catch up...can someone tell me where is the search for BL currently being done that they are revealing to the public and has any autopsy info been released, TIA

This is what I was thinking too, and probably why there is interest in the footage, the tent, the recovery site. If she was buried even partially and not by an animal, that could lend evidence towards homicide?

Hypothetically, would burial be enough, or are there actual physical requirements from the autopsy itself to determine homicide and not, say, a cover up after an accident? I do NOT believe that happened here btw, just using it as an example to understand the legalities of the manner of death vs undetermined.

All moo

Yes, it makes a difference in the investigation. People don't bury themselves.

evidence markers yikes .... can i remove strangulation from my list?
I noticed a large rock with orange paint markers on it, I hope it was only a boundary marker - they surely wouldn't have left a potential assault article/weapon behind? On another note, the banks were completely covered with rocks except for the cleared out space where the cross was laid out. Someone truly cared to clear this spot and create a monument.

that's super sketchy that he goes to clean out his storage unit during a X country trip? premeditation?

My understanding is that Gabby was on her own in a hotel at some point and told her parents that the reason Brian wasnt there was because he flew back to florida to clean out the storage unit. It was at that point that one of the parents ordered her a pizza to be delivered to her hotel room. I dont think there's been any corroboration that he actually went to Florida.

My understanding is that Gabby was on her own in a hotel at some point and told her parents that the reason Brian wasnt there was because he flew back to florida to clean out the storage unit. It was at that point that one of the parents ordered her a pizza to be delivered to her hotel room. I dont think there's been any corroboration that he actually went to Florida.
Great summation, but dang, there is no corroboration of this story (as you say). I feel like this is a crucial part of the story and a very important section of the timeline. Lots to be gleaned here jmo

My understanding is that Gabby was on her own in a hotel at some point and told her parents that the reason Brian wasn't there was because he flew back to Florida to clean out the storage unit. It was at that point that one of the parents ordered her a pizza to be delivered to her hotel room. I don't think there's been any corroboration that he actually went to Florida.

That's what I keep seeing on WS, but I haven't been able to corroborate it with a timeline online. Just was curious where this began and if there was a factual timeline that listed this. I don't want us to get caught up in something if it hasn't been confirmed.

...and if it has been confirmed, please link! :) Then I will stop feeling crazy. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member