Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what that is in the middle of #13. Is it a gun slug? And I looked really hard at the 2 other pics and can't tell what they are tagging. Obviously they know but I'm not seeing anything as obvious to me as what's in the middle of #13.

ETA - Even though it's obviously something in the middle of #13 I obviously have no clue what it is. lol

Thank you for sharing. :)

Bullet holes?

The cause of death hasn’t been released yet, only the manner of death (homicide).
Ok, thanks. I thought the preliminary report was released and they didn't know the COD, so I assumed there weren't any obvious signs of injuries that could have led to her death.

But yes, they may be holding off on releasing any details at all until they have finished the full report. IMO

I harassed some colleagues today to get their thoughts on what they would have done if Brian called them on 9/1 and most suggested some form of getting him admitted into a hospital on a psych hold and trying to get some type of deal in exchange for finding Gabby.

No one said lie about his location, involve his parents, and hope he escapes. And these were tough guys who take cases I would never take.

As a defense lawyer you are supposed to act in your client's best interest but that doesn't mean ignoring the facts. If you do that, it harms your client. Sometimes the best outcome possible is a plea with reduced charges. You can't win every case and you lose most of them. But you can still do right by your client by giving good advice and advocating for their rights - even if that means a couple years in a mental institution or something. Every case isn't Cinderella with a happy ending.
Love your post…thanks for doing this “research/survey.” Your take speaks volumes to me. “In the best interest of the client”…I’m not sure that is what’s happened here.

I suspect the fight the police responded to was about her trying to meet up with her friend. If he is described as controlling by her other friend, then perhaps he didn't want her to make that arrangement and she wanted to do so anyways. Hence, why he took her phone and a witness heard her ask "why do you have to be so mean?" I can't see any other reason why he would be so interested in her phone to the point that he would take it and try to ride off in the van.

Perhaps her putting up a fight made him feel like he was losing control over her and she wasn't going to put up with his controlling antics. The park ranger said she encouraged her to rethink that toxic relationship and if she wanted that for herself. Perhaps her fatal end was her trying to leave him for good and he couldn't handle it.

It’s not just one media outlet vs another. It came up on the boards as soon as the statement from the lawyer came out (it is his contention, BTW, and ABC is just reporting what HE said). Everyone was all like, WTF, the car was there on Wed. If you look through all the media in the media thread, you can find date stamped photos I think in the Daily Mail clearly showing the Mustang there on Wed. I am going to say IMHO because there is no way I am going to search all these threads, but I do think maybe Oviedo posted a side by side with date stamped pictures proving that this lawyer got his days wrong, or, in my opinion, LIED to make it look a little less suspicious.
And that misstep by the Laundrie’s attorney may have led to that home being declared a “crime scene” by the FBI. Proof of obstruction/lying to investigators? MOO

The article says that photo is from the 2017 real estate listing. Gabby didn't move in with his family until 2019.
The article also says it was "presumed" to be Brian's bedroom. Would his bedroom have changed from 2017 to 2019? Would it have gotten larger or what would be the greater change in living conditions? Did they try & sell the house in 2017 and still live there or did they move?
Part of the article mentions items that are his items: "One of the images from the 2017 real estate listing takes us inside Brian’s presumed bedroom. A disturbing poster of dark figures with hammers and spheres violently attacking other figures can be seen resting on the two-case bookshelf"....

Kristin Thorne @KristinThorne via Twitter — 8:40PM [Thorne is a reporter for WABC 7]
We have just obtained from Moab City Police the witness statement from a man who saw Gabby and Brian fighting on Aug. 12.
Wow. Chris doesn't paint her as the aggressor. I am seeing more bias in their interaction with GP after reading this. Once the officers know he took her phone and tried to drive off without her, they should have more aggressively questioned BL.
MOO

It does not specifically state his sister didn't answer. 'All' does not specify which family members and so does not necessarily mean they contacted the sister also.

I really think we need to consider that BL could have got his parents cell phones and blocked Gabby's parents numbers, this would mean no missed calls, no unanswered text messages because they wouldn't have got through and instead of the Laundries ignoring, they were never actually aware.

IMOO
Read the whole thing. Her Dad specifically mentions calling the sister:

"We called Brian, we called the mom, we called the dad, we called the sister, we called every number that we could find,” Petito said. “No phone calls were picked up, no text messages were returned.”

"Petito said he wants Laundrie to be held accountable for whatever part he played in Gabby’s disappearance, along with his family for protecting him."

Brian Laundrie search shifts, warrant served on parents’ home day after Gabby Petito’s body likely found

Perhaps her putting up a fight made him feel like he was losing control over her and she wasn't going to put up with his controlling antics. The park ranger said she encouraged her to rethink that toxic relationship and if she wanted that for herself. Perhaps her fatal end was her trying to leave him for good and he couldn't handle it.

[bbm]

what park ranger?

I'm hoping she scratched the living daylights out of him and has his skin under her fingernails...
The issue with that is he could claim she scratched him prior to that.

Unfortunately as well, it doesn't appear law enforcement was able to obtain a warrant to examine his body (if they did, we don't know about it).

Careful -it’s from a real estate listing and says presumed bedroom …
true, probably because he isn't lying in the bed when the photo was taken? However, they didn't say presumed when they describe the things in the room as being his: ..i.e. " "One of the images from the 2017 real estate listing takes us inside Brian’s presumed bedroom. A disturbing poster of dark figures with hammers and spheres violently attacking other figures can be seen resting on the two-case bookshelf."

I suspect the fight the police responded to was about her trying to meet up with her friend. If he is described as controlling by her other friend, then perhaps he didn't want her to make that arrangement and she wanted to do so anyways. Hence, why he took her phone and a witness heard her ask "why do you have to be so mean?" I can't see any other reason why he would be so interested in her phone to the point that he would take it and try to ride off in the van.

This sounds very likely and to reiterate what has been said here before, it is most dangerous when you try to leave. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member