Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like he could have just been jealous of the fact that she was social and had friends. Isolation is step 1. Road trip is a good way to isolate, except for the phone that kept her connected to other people. Control of social contact means control of the phone. I wonder if his intention of the road trip was to kill her all along, or just to establish the control over her that he could continue when they returned. She was not a willing participant. I think Gabby should be remembered as a strong person who fought for herself. Not as someone with a "mental health crisis".

I suspect the fight the police responded to was about her trying to meet up with her friend. If he is described as controlling by her other friend, then perhaps he didn't want her to make that arrangement and she wanted to do so anyways. Hence, why he took her phone and a witness heard her ask "why do you have to be so mean?" I can't see any other reason why he would be so interested in her phone to the point that he would take it and try to ride off in the van.

Perhaps her putting up a fight made him feel like he was losing control over her and she wasn't going to put up with his controlling antics. The park ranger said she encouraged her to rethink that toxic relationship and if she wanted that for herself. Perhaps her fatal end was her trying to leave him for good and he couldn't handle it.

And that misstep by the Laundrie’s attorney may have led to that home being declared a “crime scene” by the FBI. Proof of obstruction/lying to investigators? MOO

That confuses me. If the FBI declared the parent’s home a crime scene, how is it they are still allowed to be there? From what I gather they were only out of the house an hour or two. Not much of a crime scene it would seem.

Did the police find Gabbys phone?
If not,its still possible that Brian went hiking to get away from the arguing and give Gabby some peace to work on her blog.While he was gone some men with guns discovered Gabby alone,and forced her with a
gun to walk to that spot in the woods where they did whatever to her and murdered her.Then they took
her phone and made those text message replies to buy them some time, then ditched the phone somewhere.
Brian later comes back after a day or 2 and she's not there,sees that things are amiss ,gets scared thinking
somethings bad has happened and thinks what if they are still around and is so traumatized that all he can think of is to get the heck out of there and go home.Doesn't talk to anyone about it because hes too scared.
Buy them some time? who would suspect THEM? someone in Florida? I mean, if they were strangers why take the time to create a ruse?

Most who have responded believe those are markers made by the forest service — spray marking on trees that are diseased and should come down. Likely true. I don’t think they would use paint on something sensitive during a crime investigation. JMO

There was also paint marking rocks.

they mark the spot where evidence was taken. They’re not actually marking the evidence itself.

https://www.sirchie.com/sirchmark-trade-evidence-marking-paint-kit.html#.YUqLNi33bi0

Transcription of witness police report for those struggling with his handwriting!

Date: 8/12/2021 Time: 16.30
Name: Chris

At approximately 4.30 pm. I arrived at Moonflower. While standing on the Southside of the street, I observed a man and woman appear to have some sort of dispute. They were talking aggressively at each other and something seemed off. At one point they were sort of fighting over a phone - I think the male took the females phone. It appeared that he didn't want her in the white van. He got into the drivers seat and she followed him. At one point she was punching him in the arm and/or face and trying to get into the van. She eventually climbed in/over him and over to the passenger seat.

I heard her say "Why do you have to be so mean?"

I wasn't sure how serious this was - it was hard to tell if they were sort of play fighting, but from my point of view something definitely didn't seem right. It was as if the guy was trying to leave her, and maybe take her phone? Not sure but wanted to help out. I noticed another person had called this in, and as I left the store, I noticed a police officer and gave him my contact info.

https://twitter.com/KristinThorne/status/1440476162367516677

I wonder what that is in the middle of #13. Is it a gun slug? And I looked really hard at the 2 other pics and can't tell what they are tagging. Obviously they know but I'm not seeing anything as obvious to me as what's in the middle of #13.

ETA - Even though it's obviously something in the middle of #13 I obviously have no clue what it is. lol

Thank you for sharing. :)

I was thinking that it is highly unlikely that they would spray paint the evidence. My guess is that the spray paint marks are to show the area where evidence was. Such as foot prints. What ever he did to her had to incapacitate her pretty quickly. There were people in that area. I would say there wasn't much screaming either. I think people were too close for a gun to be the weapon imo. I would say the weapon is either something near by like a stick or rock. Or his own hands. Evil.

My heart just hurts for her.

I wonder what that is in the middle of #13. Is it a gun slug? And I looked really hard at the 2 other pics and can't tell what they are tagging. Obviously they know but I'm not seeing anything as obvious to me as what's in the middle of #13.

ETA - Even though it's obviously something in the middle of #13 I obviously have no clue what it is. lol

Thank you for sharing. :)
If you look at the comments on that twitter post, people are saying that they are not evidence markers but marks for forestry rangers to cut down the trees.

IMHO I’m confused as to why spray paint would be used as markers in a federal missing persons/homicide case? Why not the traditional markers? I feel like spray paint could really be detrimental to possible evidence. Or perhaps the site was sprayed after necessary evidence was collected for trajectory projection analysis? Does anyone have helpful insight?

Great summation, but dang, there is no corroboration of this story (as you say). I feel like this is a crucial part of the story and a very important section of the timeline. Lots to be gleaned here jmo
Yes, if it's not true that he returned to Florida for several days, then what prevented Gabby from continuing to document the trip? What was really going on during that period of time?

that's super sketchy that he goes to clean out his storage unit during a X country trip? premeditation?

I think this excuse was a ruse/part truth on the part of Gabby, as she likely did not want her father to know about the Moab DV stop. My own best guess is that BL’s parents flew him home, hoping for a break up between GP and BL, and they did in fact move some of her belongings. She was not comfortable driving the van, though, and probably wanted him to come back. So he does. Would that it were otherwise, but he does return, they check out, and the rest is tragedy. Compounded by the fact that the Moab DV stop may have afforded BL a self-defense claim for GP’s death. I suspect that is what he told his parents, anyway. It would explain lawyering up so quickly, not responding to GP’s parents, the odd early statement about how this was a difficult time for both families, etc. If they also thought he might be beginning to think about suicide, I could see them move into protect BL mode. Maybe they sadly believed him and thought that she’ll ultimately be found, but they don’t want to hurry the process because they knew he’d be the prime suspect. Idk. Moo.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local-news/search-for-brian-laundrie-continues-at-carlton-reserve

Brian Kensel, a retired FBI special agent, told ABC Action News reporter Michael Paluska the terrain and environment in the preserve are some of the harshest and most challenging terrains in the country.

"It is an extremely difficult environment in which to find somebody even that wants to be found a lost hiker or someone who's injured," Kensel said. "It's hard enough to find somebody like that. So if you're trying to find someone who wants to hide and who does not want to be found, that complicates even more that makes the search just that much more difficult."

Kensel said Bloodhounds trying to pick up Laundrie's scent from personal items collected at the home would also face challenges because of the weather.

"They can track him on land extremely well; it's amazing to watch those dogs work, how well they work. But once you get into the water, they lose the scent," Kensel said.

Helicopters and drones are equipped with the most advanced technology around, including forward-looking infrared (FLIR).

"Things like that looking for a heat signature don't work if it's not a live person if there's no source of heat. So that is an option, of course, that has to be considered."

There are also highly sensitive listening devices that law enforcement can use to pick up even the lowest audible sounds and movement. But that is assuming Laundrie is actually in the preserve and alive.

Yes, this exactly. I've been trying to get an answer to this question. How did the parents know about the note on the Mustang when it was parked at the swamp?

Hi Ricksaw,

I also posted something similar requesting info on thread 16:

"Just before the site got really slow this afternoon, someone posted a news link saying that the Mustang had been served with a parking notice by police on Tuesday and that is why it was removed by the parents.

Can't find the post or remember who made it. Anyone remember?"

Seni, Sunday at 9:35 PM

Haven't found anything in media and no replies to post as far as I can see.

But, yes its weird, either whether he drove himself there or the parents did, under such circumstances. More so, if the Mustang was recovered by them either on Tues evening or Weds and they said nothing until Friday. I think your hackles would rise if you receive the alledged notification.

Is it a paying car park? Would you have to leave details when you leave your car there?

Is it the kind of car people would steal? I really don´t know of any place in the world where you would leave your car keys in the car. Probably they had a second set.

Maybe this was a drop off and collection point, with parents thinking they would have been observed.

This witness statement confirms what many of us on here suspected all along. That Brian was the primary aggressor during the Moab incident, not Gabby. His words are very hard to read knowing what we know now.
The witness statement says that Gabby was hitting Brian in the arm. No mention of Brian striking her.

This is a really good article and as far as I know TMZ is an approved source.

Prosecutors Waiting in Gabby Petito Homicide, Loose Ends Involving Brian Laundrie

I bet the FBI is asking for more sightings of Gabby and Brian around 8/26 - 8/30 in Grand Teton because if they can prove he was still in the area after her determined time of death, it would really cut down on the possibility that someone else did it after he left.

I am not sure how closely they can pinpoint time of death after 21+ days but I was listening to someone on one of the shows talk about how they can go further back than you'd think based on the life cycles of the flies present (like how many generations there are). I have no idea how reliable that is but I do want to learn more about it.

Last edited:
I’m with you along these lines. I think I’m going to finally type out my theory tonight or tomorrow morning.

I have a theory too but it's awful. I think she hit her head during another fight (or was hit on the head) and didn't die for awhile, maybe a few days. Maybe she had bleeding on the brain, which could potentially be a slow death, and he left her outside the van waiting for her to either die or not, unable to finish her off deliberately, and that's why one person in the campground saw him driving slowing down a one-lane road. I think he was looking for signs that she was alive and walking around somewhere nearby. I was thinking of people I've read about over the years, who die from a head wound and they actually died from the internal bleeding. In my theory BL killed her, either way, but he could claim that scenario was an accident. She could have been disoriented with a head wound, and walked to the spot where she was found.

A terrible prospect. And it might even let BL off the hook for her death because now he has a witness who saw him driving slowly, looking for her, as if he was concerned.

All pure speculation.

Last edited:
I believe reporters arrived on Tuesday and the Mustang was already gone. Brian E. said the Mustang showed up on Wednesday morning when they arrived.

Here's the thread with evidence: https://mobile.twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1439593712271646721

BL’s parents appear to have given false information to their attorney.

This is the story Bertolino is reported to have provided about BL’s car:

The family of Brian Laundrie — who vanished as authorities hunted for his girlfriend, Gabby Petito — found a note left on his car in Florida, their attorney told The Post on Monday.

Police left the notice on Laundrie’s Mustang, which his family found Wednesday parked near the Carlton Reserve in Sarasota County, according to attorney Steven Bertolino.

The note had asked for the car to be removed — but the family left the vehicle there until Thursday, hoping he’d return to it, Bertolino said.​

But police gave a different version, which is corroborated by the journalists’ videos that you mentioned:

Last Tuesday, Sept. 14, Laundrie packed a backpack and told his family that he was heading out for a hike at the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park. He drove the convertible to the preserve and hasn’t been seen since.

That same day, one of Brian’s family members picked up the car from the park and drove it back to their home on Wassabo Avenue, officers said.

On Friday, Sept. 17, Laundrie’s family reported him missing and a search crew swept through the Carlton Reserve the following weekend.

FBI seizes silver Mustang Brian Laundrie drove the day he went missing

BBM

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics