Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The preliminary autopsy seems to confirm what most of us suspected the moment we heard about the guy who went on an extended road trip with his girlfriend and came home alone …

I’m glad they were able to find Gabby and hope they find BL alive so he can answer questions and face the consequences.
I’m really happy they found her as well even without him talking her family can give her a final goodbye I’m sure they’ll never get over this but I keep thinking about Natalee Holloway

If you look at the comments on that twitter post, people are saying that they are not evidence markers but marks for forestry rangers to cut down the trees.
That makes sense to me. Forest Rangers in California do that to mark trees that need to be removed. They use spray paint or sometimes tie red material around them.

I am watching Scott Reisch on his YT channel Crime Talk discuss the case. I like his takes on these cases as I can get emotionally invested in them and he is a criminal atty so he’s more levelheaded. Hope you all are having a lovely evening and hoping the victim blaming trolls leave these threads alone tonight. :rolleyes:

Edited to correct my grammar.

Her father confirmed that she stayed in a hotel in SLC during the Dr. Phil segment that recently aired but did not say for how long. I believe it also is confirmed that both she and BL were sighted at the hotel in SLC on the 25th.

So in my mind, there are still two questions:
1) How long did she stay in the hotel?
2) Did BL actually go back to Florida

My theory is that he made good on his threat to drive off in the van without her and that she didn't want her parents to know that they were arguing, so she made up a cover story. After some time, GP & BL made up and decided to continue on with the trip.

Speculation and MOO.
I’m wondering if fbi is getting security footage from this hotel - I’m sure they are but so much is being held close to the FBI vest for good reason.

It’s just a guess, but from what I could piece together, it appears they hustled them out & into the van in the driveway to secure the residence. Then they moved in folding chairs and table and brought the Laundrie’s back in but watched/questioned them while they searched the residence. In Florida right now, it’s in the upper 90s, high humidity and raining most days. IMO, they wanted to keep them close (as opposed to letting them go in the lam like Brian, but weren’t in a position to arrest THEM) So they allowed them back in a tightly controlled condition until the search was completed. MOO

I’m in central Florida it’s been miserable for days and has rained for 5 days straight like downpour…I honestly think he’s been out of Florida JMO

I am all for looking at different possibilities, but when those possibilities require me to do mental gymnastics to make it fit, then I deem them implausible.
We would have to assume she has no lock on her phone, and we would also have to assume that the perpetrators knew her grandfather’s name. IMO, that “dog won’t hunt”.

However, I do appreciate your effort in looking at alternatives!

They wouldn't need to know grandfathers name as its listed in her contacts.I know lots pf people who do not lock their phone.Bf and I both never lock our phones.

Is this the house and bedroom that Gabby occupied with Brian? Rather small, a twin bed?
'Inside Brian Laundrie's bedroom as Gabby Petito's homicide confirmed

Thanks for this link.

More than the possible bedroom, it was this quote that struck me:

"The Post has acquired property documents that reveal a string of recent home sales by the Laundrie family, as well as photos that take us inside the residence he shares with his parents."

If some of these sales are still pending occupation whilst new owners take possession/ make repairs etc before moving in, they could be used as hiding places for BL. Total speculation on my part.

Gabby's 'killer' on FBI's Most Wanted as fiance's lawyer issues RIP tribute

GABBY Petito's case has been added to the FBI's Most Wanted list as her fiance Brian Laundrie remains a person of interest in her death.

The FBI added her death to their Most Wanted - Seeking Information list as they hunt down details on her final days.

The FBI also wish to speak to Laundrie as they issued a stern statement on Tuesday that they would hold Petito's killer accountable.

"The FBI and our partners remain dedicated to ensuring anyone responsible for or complicit in Ms Petito's death is held accountable for their actions.

"Mr Brian Laundrie has been named a person of interest," he added.

"Anyone with information concerning Mr Laudrie's role in this manner or his current whereabouts should contact the FBI."

I'm aware of that. The OP was talking about the witness statement that they linked. I replied to that and not the 911 callers claims.
I see, thanks for clarifying. It definitely seems possible to me that the two witnesses saw different parts of the dispute, to me. I misunderstood your comment to suggest that there had been no reports of him being physical, & I see now that's not what you meant.

They wouldn't need to know grandfathers name as its listed in her contacts.I know lots pf people who do not lock their phone.Bf and I both never lock our phones.

this assumes that she had her grandfather in her phone as “Stan” through - my husband and I call my grandmother Carole to one another but she’s still “grandma” in both of our phones. MOO

Wow. Chris doesn't paint her as the aggressor. I am seeing more bias in their interaction with GP after reading this. Once the officers know he took her phone and tried to drive off without her, they should have more aggressively questioned BL.
MOO
I wonder if the argument over the phone had to do with her working all day on her YouTube channel. Apparently BL wanted to go hiking that day. Gabby indicated to the officers that he thought she "couldn't do it," and they had been arguing for the last two days.

Whatever the case, it seems obvious that he was trying to control her. He kept telling officers that he tried to get Gabby to take a walk to cool off, but we don't know if that's true since nobody heard him say that. Imo

I’m wondering if fbi is getting security footage from this hotel - I’m sure they are but so much is being held close to the FBI vest for good reason.
Yeah, when the feds have a case, we hear next to nothing. The same is generally true for state law enforcement agencies.

We only got this "poi" thing, because local law enforcement was involved.

Gabby Petito Case: New Brian Laundrie Search Yields Nothing; Hard Drive May Have Clues

North Port police had said they exhausted all avenues of searching for Brian Laundrie in Florida's 25,000-acre Carlton Reserve and suspended the effort Monday; a day later, they were back -- with a new plan of attack

A day ago, North Port police had said they felt they had exhausted all avenues of searching the nature reserve.

It wasn't immediately clear what sparked the renewed search on Tuesday, but police for the first time called the case an "FBI-led criminal investigation" as they announced their plans to approach the sprawling preserve from a different side.

Law enforcement ended their search of the area for the day around 7 p.m., saying that "nothing of note" had yet been found.

A search will resume once again on Wednesday. The Florida Fish & Wildlife Commission is also assisting in the search.

this assumes that she had her grandfather in her phone as “Stan” through - my husband and I call my grandmother Carole to one another but she’s still “grandma” in both of our phones. MOO
What did the msg say about her grandfather? I haven’t really been able to catch up

Brian 'scouted area where Gabby's body was found' & she 'once called him mean'

"The witness said “something seemed off” and “it appeared that he didn’t want her in the white van.”

“I heard her say ‘why do you have to be so mean," the witness added. “It was as if the guy was trying to leave her, and maybe take her phone? Not sure but wanted to help out,” the witness added.

When Schultz saw the van on August 26, she said she pulled around the van to check who was inside, in case they would like to join her group or want to chat.

In seeing the man was much younger, a "generic" young white man, Schultz said she passed on the invitation."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304