SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murdaugh Murders Saga: Corruption Runs In The Family | FITSNews, Sept.20
It was the fallout from the boat crash which first began shining a light on this prestigious family, the powerful law firm it helped build and the unrivaled political, prosecutorial and law enforcement influence it continues to wield in the Palmetto State.

And make no mistake: More revelations are coming.

Don’t take my word for it, though. As Alex Murdaugh allegedly told his brothers last week following his arraignment, the family isn’t “even halfway up the mountain yet.” [BBM]

——-

Interesting alleged comment from AM?

John Grisham should write a book about this stuff and publish it next month.
As an investigator for the Board on Judicial Conduct, Lacy Stoltz sees plenty of corruption among the men and women elected to the bench
th

Home - John Grisham (jgrisham.com)
moo

As luck would have it, I own a first edition copy of "A Time to Kill". Grisham was selling them from the trunk of his car. It's much smaller than his books that followed.

@everybodhi I'd also like to tell you that I'm very proud of you for helping your child to overcome addictions. May your family have the best of everything you need.

I'm a baby boomer so I've seen my fair share of struggles, loss, homelessness, imprisonment, overdoses, suicides and even a murder due to addictions.

My best advice, which AM should hv known at his age, is just don't ever try it. If alcohol is a vice, use it in moderation.

I'm so sorry your daughter (and you) had to go through this. Many of us get a bit flippant on here (me included), but there is a lot of pain behind all of this.
Thank you for sharing what you know. I'm just sorry that it had to come from your experience.
Thank you, and @DeDee for your kindness. I don't think she will ever do drugs again, she doesn't even drink alcohol or smoke pot.
Sadly, some friends she loved very much who didn't have the privilege of any rehab or a strong family unit died from overdose while she was recovering. My heart still breaks for those kids, they didn't stand a chance without a support system.
If AM really does have an opioid addiction, it's no joke.
And some people can live successful lives with an active addiction without being obvious, contrary to popular belief of how an addict acts and looks.

Last edited:
The lawsuit did not say what business the insurance policy was for but FITSNews found four businesses under Alex Murdaugh’s name (formally Richard Alexander Murdaugh) — Murdaugh Charters LLC, Redbeard LLC, Medical Consultants of the Lowcountry, and Eclipse Landscape and Design.

Tinsey’s latest move makes it clear that he will be going after Alex and Buster Murdaugh’s assets in case they try to sell them. It further shows Beach’s intent to pursue every avenue of recovery in the boat crash lawsuit.

Two other insurance companies — QBE Specialty and Homeowners of America — have denied Alex Murdaugh coverage in the lawsuit.

Murdaugh Murders: $6 Million Insurance Coverage Denied In Boat Crash Lawsuit, Judge Rules

In the previous thread someone asked about a possible relation between CES and SS. There is no relation.

Murdaugh Murders: Judge Granted Alex Murdaugh $20,000 Bond, No GPS Monitoring
On Wednesday, Stephen’s Smith’s mother Sandy Smith — who has waited more than six years for justice in her son’s case — issued a statement confirming that her family was not related to Eddie Smith, the man arrested Wednesday.

“For the record my children nor I are related to any Smiths in the state of South Carolina,” she said. “Our Smith name comes from Miami Florida. Some of you people are crazy for even asking me that. We want justice not vengeance.”

In the previous thread someone asked about a possible relation between CES and SS. There is no relation.

Murdaugh Murders: Judge Granted Alex Murdaugh $20,000 Bond, No GPS Monitoring
On Wednesday, Stephen’s Smith’s mother Sandy Smith — who has waited more than six years for justice in her son’s case — issued a statement confirming that her family was not related to Eddie Smith, the man arrested Wednesday.

“For the record my children nor I are related to any Smiths in the state of South Carolina,” she said. “Our Smith name comes from Miami Florida. Some of you people are crazy for even asking me that. We want justice not vengeance.”

Curtis smith is a distant cousin to AM. And still tried to frame him.

Today, a judge ruled that Buster and Alex Murdaugh's insurance does NOT have to cover them in Mallory Beach’s wrongful death lawsuit — which means they could be on the hook for millions.
https://twitter.com/mandymatney/status/1440487211812622336?s=21
https://twitter.com/mandymatney/status/1440487211812622336?s=21
No surprise there---Normally your insurance would cover a boat crash. But if the driver is underaged and very drunk, there will be no coverage.

That is like giving your car to an unlicensed driver or someone who was drinking, and allowing them to drive it. Your insurance would not cover that either.

No surprise there---Normally your insurance would cover a boat crash. But if the driver is underaged and very drunk, there will be no coverage.

That is like giving your car to an unlicensed driver or someone who was drinking, and allowing them to drive it. Your insurance would not cover that either.
The bad thing about this though----The Mallory Beach lawsuit will have a hard time recovering any assets if all the insurance companies decline compensation---because I think AM will have nothing left in his bank accounts after LE comes for the embezzled funds.

The bad thing about this though----The Mallory Beach lawsuit will have a hard time recovering any assets if all the insurance companies decline compensation---because I think AM will have nothing left in his bank accounts after LE comes for the embezzled funds.

Moselle and the edisto home are about 2 million, the interest in the firm? And farming equipment, I believe they have a cabin cruiser.

Jmo

*This one's a doozy. Don't miss it! This is only a tiny portion of the tea. Just wanted to share this part so that we finally have better details.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Gloria’s family was told that Gloria tripped on the steps at the Murdaugh’s former home on Holly Street in Hampton, S.C. on February 2, 2018. They were told the Murdaughs’ dogs caused her to trip – causing a fall which resulted in her sustaining a traumatic brain injury.

Gloria was a housekeeper and nanny for the Murdaugh family for more than two decades.

“She helped raised their children,” Bland said.

Gloria’s family were provided very few details about her death.

Last week, Hampton County Coroner Angela Topper requested that SLED — the same agency investigating the double homicide of Maggie and Paul Murdaugh — open an investigation into Gloria Satterfield’s death due to “inconsistencies” surrounding her death.

Satterfield’s death was not reported to the coroner at the time — nor did officials perform an autopsy, according to a letter Topper sent SLED.

On Satterfield’s death certificate, the manner of death said “natural,” which Topper said was not consistent with her injuries from a trip-and-fall incident."

<snip>

At Gloria’s funeral, Alex allegedly started railroading her sons and convinced them to hire his friend Cory Fleming to get money for their mother’s death, according to Bland.

However, Satterfield’s sons did not know that Fleming was Murdaugh’s former college roommate, best friend and Paul Murdaugh’s godfather.

He also convinced Gloria’s sons that they needed to have a banker (Westendorf) work as their personal representative of Gloria’s estate.

Bland told FITSNews that Fleming and Murdaugh did this so that Fleming would only be legally obligated to communicate with Westendorf about what was going on and did not have to tell Gloria’s sons about settlement money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member