Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
are we allowed to link youtube now? This is the call where the witness states BL was slapping/hitting Gabby. Very credible.

I think citizen sleuth was referring to the 911 call - where the caller stated that Brian was slapping & hitting Gabby.

this van life stuff - I had no idea. We did this in the early 90s but in a station wagon with our cats!

I kitted out my Honda Element for sleeping in. People live in them. There’s room for a queen bed. You put your stuff in bins under the platform.
GP’s van is bigger than my Element, and the back is taller, so, yes, plenty of room for two. However, I try to camp at a picnic table and use a picnic table cover. That way, I can keep stuff like my stove, cooler, grab-and-go camping bin, kitchen, lantern, on the picnic table, and most of the time it stays dry. If in critter territory, I used the front seats for bins/cooler. Being able to put stuff on the picnic table really helped as far as feeling spacious. I don’t know if GP and BL had figured this out.
If I didn’t have a picnic table, I think I’d pitch a tarp low over my bins, just so I didn’t have all that stuff in the car.
I’ve slept at dispersed sites, and only once did they not have a picnic table.

Campers tip for 62+. Forget the dispersed sites! Get thee a lifetime National Parks Senior Pass, and you can stay at any Federal campground for half price. That’s TVA, BLM, National Forest, National Park, National Wildlife Refuge, National Seashore, National Monument! You also get into National Parks for free with whoever is in your car. Recently, I stayed at Dinosaur National Monument for $6 per night, with shower. Why would you camp dispersed with no bathroom, no picnic table, no host keeping troublemakers at bay….?
So, you young ‘uns, get your life to fast forward to 62.

To get away from the 200 other people in that campground, maybe? I follow a few Vanlife channels and I have seen some absolutely stunning campsites without another soul around.

I think this excuse was a ruse/part truth on the part of Gabby, as she likely did not want her father to know about the Moab DV stop. My own best guess is that BL’s parents flew him home, hoping for a break up between GP and BL, and they did in fact move some of her belongings. She was not comfortable driving the van, though, and probably wanted him to come back. So he does. Would that it were otherwise, but he does return, they check out, and the rest is tragedy. Compounded by the fact that the Moab DV stop may have afforded BL a self-defense claim for GP’s death. I suspect that is what he told his parents, anyway. It would explain lawyering up so quickly, not responding to GP’s parents, the odd early statement about how this was a difficult time for both families, etc. If they also thought he might be beginning to think about suicide, I could see them move into protect BL mode. Maybe they sadly believed him and thought that she’ll ultimately be found, but they don’t want to hurry the process because they knew he’d be the prime suspect. Idk. Moo.

This makes a lot of sense, Parsnip. It has a bit of a ring of truth to it. It might also explain some of his parents' ...what is the word (searching for not too severe a way to say this while trying to be absolutely clear I don't think anything they did was in the right morally)... their utter lack of compassion?

They wouldn't need to know grandfathers name as its listed in her contacts.I know lots pf people who do not lock their phone.Bf and I both never lock our phones.
I thought her mom was stated as saying she wouldn’t have his name listed as the contact, but instead grandpa?
Either way, I’m in the opinion that Brian is the one and only POI at this point. IF any evidence is presented later to refute my thoughts, then I will gladly look at that evidence. Right now, I’m following LE’s lead, and they have stated Brian is a POI and they are searching pretty hard for him.

I would actually love for your theory to be correct, but IMO, I’ve seen too much to the contrary. :)

I think this excuse was a ruse/part truth on the part of Gabby, as she likely did not want her father to know about the Moab DV stop. My own best guess is that BL’s parents flew him home, hoping for a break up between GP and BL, and they did in fact move some of her belongings. She was not comfortable driving the van, though, and probably wanted him to come back. So he does. Would that it were otherwise, but he does return, they check out, and the rest is tragedy. Compounded by the fact that the Moab DV stop may have afforded BL a self-defense claim for GP’s death. I suspect that is what he told his parents, anyway. It would explain lawyering up so quickly, not responding to GP’s parents, the odd early statement about how this was a difficult time for both families, etc. If they also thought he might be beginning to think about suicide, I could see them move into protect BL mode. Maybe they sadly believed him and thought that she’ll ultimately be found, but they don’t want to hurry the process because they knew he’d be the prime suspect. Idk. Moo.
I've also thought that GP posted the YouTube video while BL was away in order to try to convince him to come back. And maybe they both re-bonded over seeing all those happy moments that they had shared and decided to try again, but he came back and the issues started up again and got worse than ever until GP ended up dead.

Yeah, when the feds have a case, we hear next to nothing. The same is generally true for state law enforcement agencies.

We only got this "poi" thing, because local law enforcement was involved.

Makes perfect sense to me.

JMO Local LE doesn’t stay tight lipped for too long, I think the FBI might have given them a very very short leash once they took over.

No, because she never heard from Gabby on 8/29.
With regards to calling and potentially meeting up with her friend Rose, the friend she fled to multiple times in rough times. Could the fight(s) plus the imminent contact & meet up with Rose compounded his urgency for taking radical steps or going over the edge to make sure that didn’t happen?
Gabby wouldn’t have an easier way out - out of the trip, out of the relationship, and out of his control…? JMO IMHO

Will Gabby Petito’s fiancé Brian Laundrie go from person of interest to suspect? | WFLA

As this case continues to play out, yet another question remains: Now that a body has been discovered, does Gabby Petito’s fiancé go from a person of interest to a suspect? And, if so, when?

8 On Your Side spoke at length with a former federal and state prosecutor who believes an arrest warrant is written and ready to go.

He says it’s only a matter of time.

“Oh, I don’t think there’s any question, he is the primary suspect and probably the only one,” said attorney Stephen Crawford.

From a legal standpoint, many are, indeed, wondering – will investigators classify Brian Laundrie’s as a suspect after the discovery of what the FBI believes to be the body of Gabby Petito?

“I don’t think there’s any question that he’s no longer considered just a person of interest. I think there’s an arrest warrant. I think it’s sealed, but I think it’s out there,” Crawford told us.

The question is – did Gabby die in Wyoming or Utah?

Investigators say they’re looking at all evidence in this case and all angles, including the possibility that Gabby may have died in one place, while her body was discovered in another.

Just speculation of course but everybody I know Locks their phone gabbys looked like a new iPhone too so even with her face JMO
I don't. I never lock my phone because it's a pain for me to constantly have to unlock it, and no one else but my immediate family has access to it. I rarely lose it. I think that Brian would have known her grandfather's name, since I heard that they have known each other since childhood. I think that he was trying to throw her parents off, or she was trying to signal her mother that she was in distress. There was a text about no cell service in Yosemite. Yosemite is in California, it's not Yellowstone. I think he would have claimed that she made it to California.

Guys if the family doesn’t report him missing until Friday- why does the sister give an interview on Thursday saying she wishes she could talk to him? Presumably, if he’s just out on a hike(and not on the lam) why wouldn’t the sister be able to talk to him?
IMO it sounds like the sister was out of the family loop on what was going on with Brian. I wonder how close she and her brother are. It’s possible the parents didn’t plan to report him missing but when his sister gave the interview and said she couldn’t talk to him, they had to act.

JMO

Is this the house and bedroom that Gabby occupied with Brian? Rather small, a twin bed?
'Inside Brian Laundrie's bedroom as Gabby Petito's homicide confirmed

The way they make it seem as if the stuff he had in his bedroom, the books he was reading, the dark artwork he had hanging up, wasn't normal, but an indication that one may be a murderer is ridiculous. I don't get why the media tries to create a conspiracy out of everything. Many other guys like Darth Vader, the "Watchman" series, and have an american flag hanging up in their room. Yet they feel the need to circle these things as if they're so odd? WTF?

I’m somewhat surprised that no one has mentioned the possibility of mind-altering substances yet...

I've thought about it a lot, morayne, but the thread rules state we're not supposed to speculate on drug use. So therefore I don't mention it. If it were ever proven I'm sure that would change things.

Just my 2 cents…

FACTS
- Gabby was given the van at that time of the DV stop, minus BL… she could have left him at that time. LE did it that way to give her an out of the relationship with her van.
- LE handled BL the way they did because it was an interview tactic, nothing more.. no bromance..etc. Experience talking here.
- LE cannot force anyone to leave their partner, they can only make suggestions to help, which they did. It’s up to the 2 parties what they do after the police leave a scene. LE have zero control over that. Even if one or more is arrested in the incident.
- There is no factual, court based, jail records of BL being a woman abuser, only personal opinions of this. Nor is there of GP. We really don’t know who provoked who or what the interior dynamics of their relationship were. Projecting only promotes rumors.

In order to draw BL out, the public is going to have to lessen the “hate speech” so he has a reason to come out of hiding….

If the whole world said you were a woman beater that is a coward that murdered your girlfriend would you come out of hiding? Probably not… the FBI needs to find this guy alive to bring Gabby justice… if that means bringing the rumor mill down for her parents to get peace, then let’s do it! Let’s focus on the facts that can help FIND BL!

We are here to try to help, not gossip IMO.

I suspect the fight the police responded to was about her trying to meet up with her friend. If he is described as controlling by her other friend, then perhaps he didn't want her to make that arrangement and she wanted to do so anyways. Hence, why he took her phone and a witness heard her ask "why do you have to be so mean?" I can't see any other reason why he would be so interested in her phone to the point that he would take it and try to ride off in the van.

Perhaps her putting up a fight made him feel like he was losing control over her and she wasn't going to put up with his controlling antics. The park ranger said she encouraged her to rethink that toxic relationship and if she wanted that for herself. Perhaps her fatal end was her trying to leave him for good and he couldn't handle it.
I don't believe that park ranger said anything like that to her. They were still believing or wanting to believe that she was the aggressor. I think that she is doing some cya. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase