Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
and those cops actually told Gabby they could arrest her for DV. That poor kid. Absolute failure to serve and protect. Victim blaming. They should be suspended and even sued in civil court for failing to protect a victim of DV, which eventually lead to her death.

Those officers made a determination of the primary aggressor in a potential DV situation based upon reasonable observation. BL had injuries to his face and arm consistent with the story *both* parties told wherein GP also admitted to striking BL. They did this after initially separating GP from BL and placing her in an air-conditioned, shaded vehicle while they told BL to sit on the curb in the sun, so clearly they initially assumed that the male was the primary aggressor prior to either party making a statement. What else would you have had them do, exactly? Arrest the man by default in every potential male-female DV situation, regardless of evidence? <modsnip> MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
SEP 21, 2021
Inside Brian Laundrie's bedroom as Gabby Petito's homicide confirmed
... The Post has acquired property documents that reveal a string of recent home sales by the Laundrie family, as well as photos that take us inside the residence he shares with his parents.

[...]

The Post has acquired photos inside the family’s three-bedroom, two-bathroom home in North Port, Florida, which was purchased by the Laundries in 2015 for $120,000. ...
[...]

One of the images from the 2017 real estate listing takes us inside Brian’s presumed bedroom. A disturbing poster of dark figures with hammers and spheres violently attacking other figures can be seen resting on the two-case bookshelf.

Other items observed in the room include what appears to be a gun propped up next to the shelves over his bed, a Darth Vader mask and a series of “Watchmen” books.

[...]

Social media sleuths claim Laundrie, apparently an avid reader, is also spotted engrossed in a book about women who go missing in a video uploaded to the couple’s YouTube channel. The “person of interest in the case” is briefly shown reading what appears to be Jeff VanderMeer’s “Annihilation,” a 2014 novel about four females who venture into the so-called Area X, where three of them die and the fourth disappears permanently.

[...]

But this isn’t the only home owned — or sold — by the Laundries recently.

Property records show they had also owned a Venice, Florida condo unit since 2015, which they bought for $99,500. They sold the property this summer for $144,000, after just two weeks on the market in July.

[...]

They also purchased another North Port home made up of two bedrooms and two bathrooms in January 2020, before the pandemic hit, for $128,000. They sold the home over a year later, on March 18, 2021, for $140,000.

[...]

The Laundries also had a home in Bayport, NY, at one point, which they purchased back in 2008 for $330,000, property records reveal. They sold it in 2017 for $385,000 — the same year they attempted to sell their current Florida home.

[...]

The van showed some of their belongings messily strewn throughout the back of the camper after they were stopped by police in Utah following a 911 report of a domestic incident.

[...]

“We drove by and the gentleman was slapping the girl,” the caller said, according to audio of the call that emerged Monday.

The dispatcher responded, “He was slapping her?”

“Yes, and then we stopped. They ran up and down the sidewalk, he proceeded to hit her, hopped in the car and they drove off,” the caller replied.

On Tuesday afternoon, police revealed they are “actively” investigating deer camera footage that captured a hiker resembling Brian trekking through the wilderness.

“I’m not saying this is the guy but whoever was on my trail camera this morning in Baker, [Florida] strongly fits the description of Brian Laundrie,” Bass wrote on Facebook. “Authorities have been contacted but people in the northwest Florida area be on the look out.”

A man named Sam Bass told investigators he spotted the man toting a backpack at 6:17 a.m. on Monday in the town of Baker, Florida — about 500 miles away from Laundrie’s home in North Port.

[...]
Has anyone else noticed with the back of the van comparison photos, the major difference from the neat and tidy photo for social media and the messy strewn about photo/screenshot from the 8/12 incident is mostly HIS STUFF?? ie. skateboard, backpacks, other miscellaneous items, are now in the van, where they must’ve been left out for the social media photo..maybe this says something about how he felt about the whole #vanlife social media and YouTube blogger stuff..like he saw it as fake, trying to show one thing but really being another, and taking up too much electronics/technology/internet time that he seems to be so against (he seemed to portray a wanna-be hippie living off the grid, naturalist type person), and with his things being “in the way” for the social media posts, perhaps, I feel that it probably drove a wedge between them.

Yes, it makes a difference in the investigation. People don't bury themselves.

I know. I was wondering if being buried or partially buried was enough in itself for the coroner to list the cause as homicide, if hypothetically the evidence from or damage to the body as far as manner is inconclusive at that time.

I’m probably not explaining my question well, sorry.

Personally I think BL's parents hired the attorney on 9/10 when the police came. But I agree with you that it does not have to take a long time to get set up an engagement for a new client. I own my firm and it's small so we may be unconventional but I will start working as soon as I do a conflicts check, they sign the engagement letter over PDF, and pay the retainer over LawPay into our trust account. Some people like to send physical checks in but I ask specifically for electronic payment as it's easier for my accounting. I have had days where within a couple of hours we have an incoming call, get the agreement out, receive payment, and I file a notice of appearance.

The big firm I left to start my own firm was DEFINITELY not like that. But if this guy has a solo practice he can essentially do what he wants as long as he doesn't have a conflict.
Something I have been wondering that you might be able to help me with? I'm not sure if we know who the attorney was retained for? Like is it Brian specifically?
With the canceled presser after FBI contact, I was wondering if somehow it might indicate that the parents retained the lawyer and now there's potentially a conflict because they realize they might need their own lawyer, separate from his, if they're afraid of potential charges of their own (obstruction, aiding/abetting/what have you)? Is this a ridiculous reach of speculation?

I thought her mom was stated as saying she wouldn’t have his name listed as the contact, but instead grandpa?
Either way, I’m in the opinion that Brian is the one and only POI at this point. IF any evidence is presented later to refute my thoughts, then I will gladly look at that evidence. Right now, I’m following LE’s lead, and they have stated Brian is a POI and they are searching pretty hard for him.

I would actually love for your theory to be correct, but IMO, I’ve seen too much to the contrary. :)
I'd argue that a lot of these theories about him not being involved, aren't rooted in reality. That's just not how people behave.

They don't run across the country in their loved one's vehicle, not contact law enforcement if something innocent happened, not report them missing, not respond to the family, not tell law enforcement when and where they last saw them, and run off and hide.

Innocent people might do that in bad movies, but it's unprecedented in real life.

This is all consciousness of guilt.

Last edited:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.de...-gabby-petito-relationship-seemed-toxic-brian

“I was probably more candid with her than I should've been,” Hulls recalls, warning Petito that her and Laundrie’s relationship had the markings of a “toxic” one.

“I was imploring with her to reevaluate the relationship, asking her if she was happy in the relationship with him, and basically saying this was an opportunity for her to find another path, to make a change in her life,” she said.

thanks but link doesn't work

Personally I think BL's parents hired the attorney on 9/10 when the police came. But I agree with you that it does not have to take a long time to get set up an engagement for a new client. I own my firm and it's small so we may be unconventional but I will start working as soon as I do a conflicts check, they sign the engagement letter over PDF, and pay the retainer over LawPay into our trust account. Some people like to send physical checks in but I ask specifically for electronic payment as it's easier for my accounting. I have had days where within a couple of hours we have an incoming call, get the agreement out, receive payment, and I file a notice of appearance.

The big firm I left to start my own firm was DEFINITELY not like that. But if this guy has a solo practice he can essentially do what he wants as long as he doesn't have a conflict.
I thought the attorney was a family friend?

BL is 23 years old and Gabby has been living with BL and his parents most likely know him and how he is with her. This is no surprise to them. Perhaps, just speculating that it is not new behavior or it is behavior in other members of the family. MOO. They have probably been covering for him for a long time. MOO. Their instinct is to protect BL and their statement about prayers for Gabby are stone-cold or were written by the attorney.

Yes. I personally feel a bit more positively towards Brian's sister.

She stuck her face and neck out to a certain extent.

Obviously she can´t say much against her parents or brother, given the auto-gagging but she expressed love for Gabby (which nobody else has from her side of the family) and she released the postcards today. I wonder if maybe they were sent to her originally and that is why she forwarded them?

People have been saying the 911 caller's account is different than the other two that seem to match up. Perhaps they witnessed the fight at different stages? For instance, 911 caller sees stage 1 where BL and GP are arguing and he hits her and then they both get in the car and speed off (that's the last thing he saw them do). Then they get out again down the road, argue some more and she punches him in the arm, BL takes her phone and tries to drive off, she tries to get back in the van after clawing her way in.

That could explain them having different accounts that could still be true to what they saw.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought her mom was stated as saying she wouldn’t have his name listed as the contact, but instead grandpa?
Either way, I’m in the opinion that Brian is the one and only POI at this point. IF any evidence is presented later to refute my thoughts, then I will gladly look at that evidence. Right now, I’m following LE’s lead, and they have stated Brian is a POI and they are searching pretty hard for him.

I would actually love for your theory to be correct, but IMO, I’ve seen too much to the contrary. :)
The two week silence makes it real hard to believe any alternative situation. BL and family can't come back after this point and present some scenario that would take the focus away. The time came and went for that - they chose silence.

MOO The friend she was going to meet there who she had went to stay with the other times they had a fight?

Where is this friend? Do we have a name? somehow to get independent confirmation?

it all sounds so vague...like vague for a reason

I don't believe that park ranger said anything like that to her. They were still believing or wanting to believe that she was the aggressor. I think that she is doing some cya. MOO.
Apparently they requested some bodycam footage from the ranger through FOI so we may find out soon. Which is why I doubt she’d lie.

Just my 2 cents…

FACTS
- Gabby was given the van at that time of the DV stop, minus BL… she could have left him at that time. LE did it that way to give her an out of the relationship with her van.
- LE handled BL the way they did because it was an interview tactic, nothing more.. no bromance..etc. Experience talking here.
- LE cannot force anyone to leave their partner, they can only make suggestions to help, which they did. It’s up to the 2 parties what they do after the police leave a scene. LE have zero control over that. Even if one or more is arrested in the incident.
- There is no factual, court based, jail records of BL being a woman abuser, only personal opinions of this. Nor is there of GP. We really don’t know who provoked who or what the interior dynamics of their relationship were. Projecting only promotes rumors.

In order to draw BL out, the public is going to have to lessen the “hate speech” so he has a reason to come out of hiding….

If the whole world said you were a woman beater that is a *** coward that murdered your girlfriend would you come out of hiding? Probably not… the FBI needs to find this guy alive to bring Gabby justice… if that means bringing the rumor mill down for her parents to get peace, then let’s do it! Let’s focus on the facts that can help FIND BL!

We are here to try to help, not gossip IMO.

BBM. Was laughing when BL called her crazy part of the interview technique? Was deciding that he was the victim and she the aggressor (despite two witnesses) for the good of both of them?
HE is only 23, I would not expect him to have DV record, so that means nothing IMO.
That policeman who spoke about his experience with a 'toxic' ex wife, was projecting, big time IMO.
And men are blamed for DV with serious injuries or death because statistics say they are to blame.

Last edited:
Hi Ricksaw,

I also posted something similar requesting info on thread 16:

"Just before the site got really slow this afternoon, someone posted a news link saying that the Mustang had been served with a parking notice by police on Tuesday and that is why it was removed by the parents.

Can't find the post or remember who made it. Anyone remember?"

Seni, Sunday at 9:35 PM

Haven't found anything in media and no replies to post as far as I can see.

But, yes its weird, either whether he drove himself there or the parents did, under such circumstances. More so, if the Mustang was recovered by them either on Tues evening or Weds and they said nothing until Friday. I think your hackles would rise if you receive the alledged notification.

Is it a paying car park? Would you have to leave details when you leave your car there?

Is it the kind of car people would steal? I really don´t know of any place in the world where you would leave your car keys in the car. Probably they had a second set.

Maybe this was a drop off and collection point, with parents thinking they would have been observed.
This is my take from having lived in the area. The park has a gate that closes at night. I believe there is also a civilian park ranger type person that opens and closes the gate. It's my speculation that they (Park ranger) put the note on the car saying it would be towed if it wasn't moved. I would HOPE if LE noticed the car and ran the plate and it said Laundrie it would have triggered something.

You can still walk into the park. BL Parents *possibly* went Tuesday night and park was closed but they walked in, saw the note, then got up early the next day to go get the car. Park opens at 6am, closes at sunset.
I know from Brian Entin Twitter posts that car was not there late Tues night and was there early Weds morning.
All MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member