Identified! Croatia - Island of Krk, Living Female 60's, Perfect English, Sep'21 - Daniela Adamcova

It sounds like this lady might have dug herself into a hole by feigning amnesia to avoid identification, to avoid quarantine, travel restrictions etc. She probably had no idea this would become an international story.

That’s my running theory, no offence to the lady if I’m totally wrong!

I might have missed something, but are some people suggesting that to avoid staying in a hotel for a couple of weeks, she was boated out to a razor sharp, barren rock (an earlier article had said it was certainly too far for her to have swam), dumped the entire contents of her wallet into the sea, and then feigned amnesia after being the subject of an intensive rescue operation?

And the lady who a lot of us think looks just like her, is most likely just a doppelganger.

And now dragged into this lady's story.

Sadly, I guess you're correct. But, I don't think I've ever seen comparison photos look so much alike... shape of the nostrils, the eyelids. (It's also possible I need an eye exam ;))

I've just come across this from a facebook missing persons page (not sure if this is allowed so mods please delete if not). No name yet who she is but I think it's the same person.

Facebook Groups

I'm really confused. Someone posted a photo of this woman on a FB missing persons page but there's no identifying information... like her name or location or age or ?? Did they just post a photo saying "this unknown person is missing"? (I don't understand... what am I missing? This is embarrassing! :oops:o_O)

I don't think I've even seen one before where I thought it WAS the person, like I did with this one.

Even in other cases, where members saw a likeness I just never saw that they looked at all alike.

Sadly, I guess you're correct. But, I don't think I've ever seen comparison photos look so much alike... shape of the nostrils, the eyelids. (It's also possible I need an eye exam ;))

I'm super confused. Why would she not have to self-quarantine and be subject to COVID laws because she was amnesiac? I don't think she'd be an exception to the rule...

According to MSM Croatia,her backpack is found:

"The RTL Search team is investigating the case and found out that during the morning in the area of the coast, quite far from the place where the unknown woman was found, the police found her backpack! However, the contents of the backpack did not provide investigators with the desired information about her identity. In addition to mosquito spray and some other small items that every tourist would take with them on a trip, a wallet was found in the backpack, but without documents and without money."
Pojavila se novost oko misterioznog pronalaska žene na Krku: Pronađen ruksak, ali bez dokumenata

My theory at the moment is that she was probably a British or Polish tourist who was robbed, beaten savagely, and had her ID taken, then was hit against the jagged rocks and lost her memory.

I might have missed something, but are some people suggesting that to avoid staying in a hotel for a couple of weeks, she was boated out to a razor sharp, barren rock (an earlier article had said it was certainly too far for her to have swam), dumped the entire contents of her wallet into the sea, and then feigned amnesia after being the subject of an intensive rescue operation?

I'm lost at that too.

I think it's related to one of the main stream media posts up the page a bit where she told a Kiosk worker that she was worried about having to go into Quarantine.

Seems to me since it was in a main stream media story, it is allowed to be discussed, ie as in Websleuth rules.

I'm lost at that too.

L.A. Pair Say They Know Mystery Woman Found in Croatia
''Two Los Angeles residents believe they have solved the mystery of Croatia’s Jane Doe—a woman found wrapped in a sheet on a rocky island who spoke perfect English but did not know her own name.

Nina Smidt told The Daily Beast that the scratched-up woman pictured in photos that flashed around the globe this week worked as an artisan at a company where she was a manager in 2015. She had been placed there by a non-profit that helps the homeless, Smidt said.

The company was operating out of a warehouse known as Second Space in downtown Los Angeles, and landlord Tyler Madsen allowed the woman to live there rent-free so she could save up money to move to Ireland and get off Skid Row.''

''Two Los Angeles residents believe they have solved the mystery of Croatia’s Jane Doe—a woman found wrapped in a sheet on a rocky island who spoke perfect English but did not know her own name.

Nina Smidt told The Daily Beast that the scratched-up woman pictured in photos that flashed around the globe this week worked as an artisan at a company where she was a manager in 2015. She had been placed there by a non-profit that helps the homeless, Smidt said.

The company was operating out of a warehouse known as Second Space in downtown Los Angeles, and landlord Tyler Madsen allowed the woman to live there rent-free so she could save up money to move to Ireland and get off Skid Row.''
Bingpot! (If true)
@HollyHunter9

Smidt said when she saw the photo on Monday, she called police in Croatia, who then contacted the embassy in Slovakia, where the woman is from and has family. She said that on Tuesday, police reported back to her that the embassy confirmed the woman’s identity with relatives.

The Daily Beast is not making the name public because Croatian and Slovakian officials could not be immediately reached for confirmation. But the photo circulated by police of the woman matches photos of the woman that Smidt and Madsen knew and remember fondly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back