Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a good question because it does feel intuitively wrong but we have no idea. It sounded like he represented all three in his earlier statements. I think there's a strong argument that representing both Brian and his parents would be a conflict of interest because their legal interests may cross at some point in the case. That's generally the standard for conflicts of interest. What you would tell the parents as solely their attorney would be different if you had to consider your other client, Brian's, interest as well. So I do think they should have separate representation.
Thanks for your reply. This was where my mind was going, and I think I was hoping it meant that things were known to be coming down the pipes, so to speak.

Do hikers take guns to scare off animals and knives for all kinds of purposes? Not saying weapons were used but I know people who camp and have weapons like this
Practicalities…
To scare off most animals you make a racket, e.g. with pan lids. Even Rangers do this. If a gun went off, you’d probably freak out other campers in a car camping situation, and you’d hear from a Ranger the next day.
I don’t believe you can use guns in developed public campgrounds. Gun blasts in the night would not be a good plan.
Raccoons aren’t deterred by a whole lot of anything. Mice are a pain in the butt because they chew holes in, like, everything! Including your food bag and favorite pack. Shooting one or two of those really won’t advance your situation.
Bears are for bear spray, but you shouldn’t theoretically have trouble if you follow directives about hanging, bear bins, and canisters, and put anything aromatic in them, including trash, toothpaste, and deodorant. If a grizzly, those stalk humans, so, yes, use your bear spray or just plain don’t camp except in busy campgrounds in grizzly land, and hope they eat the other campers first.
You might use your bear spray on a tetchy human, but it might be considered a weapon, so then you’d have assault charges to worry about….
I inadvertently camped in the night time munching place for a herd of elk that got the munchies. The loudest chwing noise right in my ear I have ever heard (FREAK!), but would I use a gun? No. I could have made a racket, but they would have tripped over the tent guys in their fright… Nature!

First time poster - but l found this.

Forgive me if it’s been discussed however eyewitness neighbor briefly describes what BL and his parents have been doing past 2 weeks prior to LE showing up. A clue into his state of mind. <modsnip>….Brian Laundrie's neighbor reacts to Gabby Petito homicide confirmation

Thank you for that link. It’s the first time I’ve heard of a neighbour spotting BL recently. From your link:

"He mowed the lawn. Him and his mother went for a bicycle ride around the block," Guthrie said. "I mean, everything was just normal life once he came back. And I just can’t get over the fact that they — it seemed like nothing bothered him. How can you do that?"

Hi all, first time poster. I’m on Long Island, though not close to Gabby’s hometown, and this case has me riveted.

Question re: the Mustang. It looks like a recent model, and therefore would have the Sync satellite connection (which was introduced in 2008). Wouldn’t authorities be able to get the satellite records from Ford to determine the timeline of the movements of the vehicle, and definitively determine if/when Brian left on Tuesday, and when it was returned?

And water, etc. - I asked my friends if their association has sent out any alerts of communication. They are going to have someone go to their house and check things out.

Might want to check their outside receptacles as well to see if there is any sign that someone has been sitting next to one while they charged their phone so they can view the helicopter search patterns.

Mod Note:

There is nothing to indicate that the physical Laundrie home played a role in the homocide of Gabby. You can discuss the recent search there and any MSM information related to the residence. If you choose to discuss the residence, ask yourself if it is in relation to the above and relevant events, or is it off-topic and derailing the purpose of the thread.

Hope that helps

Last edited:
I thought her mom was stated as saying she wouldn’t have his name listed as the contact, but instead grandpa?
Either way, I’m in the opinion that Brian is the one and only POI at this point. IF any evidence is presented later to refute my thoughts, then I will gladly look at that evidence. Right now, I’m following LE’s lead, and they have stated Brian is a POI and they are searching pretty hard for him.

I would actually love for your theory to be correct, but IMO, I’ve seen too much to the contrary. :)
I would think if "Stan" was some codeword etc, that Mom would have known that. If Stan was not Grandpa's name, how would she know she was talking about Grandpa?

That's plausible, but what about the ones that are marking rocks and downed rotting logs?
Not sure that's plausible. There were no markings there on the 27th, via the youtube video. Then you have labor day holiday, and then reported missing person. I doubt they were marking 6in trunk trees, right near the sight the van was seen, in a dispersed campground to be cut down. That would come soon after its closed in a month or so IMO.

I know. I was wondering if being buried or partially buried was enough in itself for the coroner to list the cause as homicide, if hypothetically the evidence from or damage to the body as far as manner is inconclusive at that time.

I’m probably not explaining my question well, sorry.

She wasn’t buried but no. Being buried or not doesn’t relate to how a person died.

Yes, but we were discussing this in the context of the dwindling scenarios where Brian is completely innocent. The friend has been identified, she got no call from Gabby. To me, all that story could have done was buy some time but it couldn't have been much.

I'm trying to catch up this thread has become huge

Now we have this Jessica Schultz coming out and saying she saw Brian on the the evening of August 26th at 8:10pm at Spread Creek Campground. So now* it seems we have to go back even further and suggest Gabby could have been killed the night of the 25th into the early morning hours of the 26th. Jessica said they weren't even in a designated campsite but more of a parking spot and had none of their equipment or anything unpacked the whole time the van was parked there. "A few days." Could Gabby and Brian have arrived the evening of the 25th after dark, stopped at Spread Creek but didn't know where to camp or whom to talk to about getting a spot so they just parked the van in that random spot, something happened, Brian kills Gabby, then disposes of her across the river from where the van was parked. Brian returns to the van to recompose himself and more or less "hides" in the van. On the next evening of the 27th Brian is spotted (allegedly) closing the back door to the van as that couple drives by filming. Then, perhaps on the morning of the 28th Brian finally comes out of whatever bizarre, catatonic, trance he's been in the last few days and hikes out of Spread Creek on foot and seemingly wanders round the park until he approaches Miranda Lambert and her boyfriend on the evening of the 29th at Coulter Bay Village. Also, I watched Jessica Schultz's other TikTok videos and I 100% agree with her theory about why Brian freaked out and asked to get let out at Jackson Lake Dam. It seems Brian wanted get closer to Spread Creek Campground but also did not want to give anyone any hints that that was where he was heading. Back for the van. Taking that "Teton Park Road" would have bypassed Spread Creek Campground and Forest Rd 30290 completely. ~Yet another theory.

TikTok witness who noticed ‘creepy’ Laundrie alone directed police to Petito’s body

Why do you think he could want to go back to the body? Great post btw.

I think he could well have been listed as Stan, he'd been calling Gabby's number, apparently and Gabby or somebody using her phone texted her mother about his calls. So whoever it was that sent that text knew the relationship between Gabby's mother and Stan.
It wouldn't be likely that a stranger would know where to refer those calls.
I have my wife and children, and all family, in my phone as first name/last name ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . Just kind of back of mind not wanting anyone that steals my phone to know who my family is...

LE actually preferred to give the hotel room to Gabby, & one of the officers called a supervisor to get permission to do so. His request to his supervisor to give her the room, not B, was turned down because G was the "suspect," or primary aggressor. This is said outright in the bodycam footage. There was no agenda to give her the van to escape; the agenda was to separate the two for one night.
Just a slight correction - I beleive the officer was speaking to someone at the shelter (not his direct supervisor) and based on the shelter's policy, the could not let Brian stay for the reason you have stated.

Did the police find Gabbys phone?
If not,its still possible that Brian went hiking to get away from the arguing and give Gabby some peace to work on her blog.While he was gone some men with guns discovered Gabby alone,and forced her with a
gun to walk to that spot in the woods where they did whatever to her and murdered her.Then they took
her phone and made those text message replies to buy them some time, then ditched the phone somewhere.
Brian later comes back after a day or 2 and she's not there,sees that things are amiss ,gets scared thinking
somethings bad has happened and thinks what if they are still around and is so traumatized that all he can think of is to get the heck out of there and go home.Doesn't talk to anyone about it because hes too scared.

ok maybe BUT.. why make fake text messages? I guess the person that hurt GP could have place them.... Random killer staying with her and texting her mother on several days and have to know how to unlock her phone? Then again BL was seen alone parking the van on the 26th...No Gabby and only one pair of Flip Flops outside.... Just too odd for SODDI. JMO

I would think if "Stan" was some codeword etc, that Mom would have known that. If Stan was not Grandpa's name, how would she know she was talking about Grandpa?

"Stan" is Grandpa's name. It's been in more than one article quoting Mrs. Schmidt (Gabby's bio-mom, who I assume is daughter-of).

Personally, I thought the question was whether or not Brian sent the text instead-of Gabby, but some people in turn even seem to be hung up on wondering if it suggests a third party got their hands on the phone, etc., which is something I never thought of in the context of this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa