Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm probably going to get dragged for this but I just had some thoughts that I wanted to get out there. This is going to sound nuts but I don't get a bad feeling from him. I haven't since day one. I know he killed her. Without a doubt. But I don't think it was premeditated. I don't get a Chris Watts feeling at all.b I think it was a fight that got WAY out of hand and it was an accident. My guess is it's probably going to be blunt Force trauma. I'm sure they spent just way too much time together one-on-one with no breaks. My guess is all of the sightings of him and the van from that point on was him either trying to set an alibi or him just trying to figure out what the hell to do next. In all reality he's still just a kid. And no offense to this generation but they definitely are not as self-reliant as older generations are. I'm wondering if he debated not going back when he flew to Florida for the storage unit but he didn't want to leave her out there all by herself? Just the thought that if he had sent one of her family members or one of his out there instead things would have been totally different. And I sure that his parents are helping cover it up which is not the right thing but can any of us honestly say that if our child was in that situation we wouldn't help also? I'm one of the most honest people you'd probably ever meet and I can't say for sure that I wouldn't. I'm willing to bet he's probably committed suicide and they just haven't found him yet. And I'm willing to bet that the reason the family all of a sudden is willing to help is because they suspect this too and their panicking. It's just a sad situation all around.

What I will say also about the police video is it is so chilling to me to see things like that because all I could think the whole time was this poor girl only had a few days or weeks left to live. It was just haunting me to watch. To watch him who seemed like such a nice guy on the video and her who just seemed like this young sweet kid. And just to wonder what happened next.

It's all just so sad for everybody. It just makes my heart hurt.

I do hope that he is out there alive still. If he made a mistake and killed her, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, then I would hope a second mom doesn't have to bury their child. Even if he did kill her no mom should have to do that.

I’m trying to tap into your faith but I just can’t. He doesn’t give me any kind of nice guy vibes in anything he did aside liking plants. I may be heavily influenced by the facts subsequent to her going missing though and can only see through those eyes

So I'm probably going to get dragged for this but I just had some thoughts that I wanted to get out there. This is going to sound nuts but I don't get a bad feeling from him. I haven't since day one. I know he killed her. Without a doubt. But I don't think it was premeditated. I don't get a Chris Watts feeling at all.b I think it was a fight that got WAY out of hand and it was an accident. My guess is it's probably going to be blunt Force trauma. I'm sure they spent just way too much time together one-on-one with no breaks. My guess is all of the sightings of him and the van from that point on was him either trying to set an alibi or him just trying to figure out what the hell to do next. In all reality he's still just a kid. And no offense to this generation but they definitely are not as self-reliant as older generations are. I'm wondering if he debated not going back when he flew to Florida for the storage unit but he didn't want to leave her out there all by herself? Just the thought that if he had sent one of her family members or one of his out there instead things would have been totally different. And I sure that his parents are helping cover it up which is not the right thing but can any of us honestly say that if our child was in that situation we wouldn't help also? I'm one of the most honest people you'd probably ever meet and I can't say for sure that I wouldn't. I'm willing to bet he's probably committed suicide and they just haven't found him yet. And I'm willing to bet that the reason the family all of a sudden is willing to help is because they suspect this too and their panicking. It's just a sad situation all around.

What I will say also about the police video is it is so chilling to me to see things like that because all I could think the whole time was this poor girl only had a few days or weeks left to live. It was just haunting me to watch. To watch him who seemed like such a nice guy on the video and her who just seemed like this young sweet kid. And just to wonder what happened next.

I do hope that he is out there alive still. If he made a mistake and killed her, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, then I would hope a second mom doesn't have to bury their child. Even if he did kill her no mom should have to do that.

I agree with this - I think the COD will be blunt force trauma and it wasn't premeditated. I think they went to scout camping sites and they got into an argument that became physical. I think he killed her and went into panic mode, followed by a period of complete and total denial. I really hope he isn't dead, not only for his parent's sake but also because I think it's going to make finding him so much harder. My hope is that he's on the run and he will be caught when he goes seeking supplies.

As far as the parent's behavior - honestly, I don't know what I would do in this case. I mean, a part of me doesn't understand them putting it all on the line for him when they have another child and grandchildren to consider. But as for me? I'm a parent to a single child - he's it for me and I really don't know where my boundaries are in defending him or helping him, I just hope that it's never put to the test.

Looking at previous pics of the van, they had a large black cargo bag on top at the start of the trip. In the video where they are putting up the tent, there is a black object to the left of the tree seen before a search member stands in front of it. I suspect she was found in the black bag? IMO.
I noticed that too but I believe it is a backpack that was worn by the Forensics officer taking photographs.

Some good information in this article from the Daily Mail.

1. Reports of BL seen acting suspiciously and looking "awkward and confused" on Aug, 26th, 27th and 28th.
  2. Photos of BL's bedroom - including photos of what is suspected to be a gun.
  3. Info about the family buying and selling real estate - have LE checked all properties that the family might be 'flipping' to see if BL is hiding out in one of them!?

I'd check also if BL'S parents don't own any cabins, huts, summerhouses or something like that. All of their properties need to be checked thoroughfully and the parents themselves shoukd be placed under a strict yet discreet surveillance. I can bet they keep helping him to evade the LE.

Regarding bloodstains on the trees - wouldn't the police cut those places out and take them in for testing? I suppose they could have just swabbed, but I would think they would want the actual piece of wood for future testing and to make it available to the defense team (if it comes to that) to do their own independent testing?

That sounds correct, but we actually have no idea of what other evidence they gathered and took with them. If the marks were blood splatter and they had already gathered two dozen rocks and 15 branches they might have just swabbed a big log.

BL could be squatting in an old abandoned house.There are tons where I live and people do it all the time.He could get all his food and supplies delivered with Doordash,Instacart,Uber,Grubhub or others and never even have to answer his door.

My personal opinion: I don't get any nice guy vibes from any of the video footage of Brian. In every one of them he looks awkward, guarded and just plain creepy. This may be extreme, but I've felt from the first time I saw him that there was something wrong with him mentally. His mannerisms just speak to me and peg the creep meter—and I trust my gut.

New poster, just came to say that there isn't a forensic team on earth that marks evidence by spraying it with orange paint. That's not how it's done. If the logs/trees were significant they would have been removed.

Paint IS made specifically and used for marking the LOCATION where evidence was collected..not the evidence itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado