Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was one moment in the video where the girl on the left looked EXACTLY like Suzanne, that creeped me out. Are they really that brainwashed/in denial that their dad is innocent? I feel for them as well, i really wonder if the smiles are genuine or they are doing it because that don't want to disappoint barry. Who's idea was it to walk out like that too?
Looked like a fashion show at each sighting!

I wouldn't be surprised if he put cameras in the eyes of the deer heads, either. He probably at least thought about it.

Speaking of the list, I wonder what Suzanne meant by "pants unzipped?"

Did Barry walk around with his fly open half the time?
Yeah I can’t figure out what she meant, Her note said
“ Lies about deer - pants unzipped “.
My husband is a long time hunter in Colorado and he and his hunting buddies dress in layers, like neoprene long johns and then wool pants with suspenders over them.
Did BM come home unzipped and SM knew that he hadn’t really been out hunting?
Maybe he was down at the dumpster and told her hey I saw a deer and had to go chase it.

So they did ask him about the funds “ for the search “.
Of course he can’t recall. Other than the $4000 he gave his buddy.

Attachments

• 1E845EC4-6146-4A2E-80D7-DFB442A8F271.jpeg
    1E845EC4-6146-4A2E-80D7-DFB442A8F271.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 24
It was reported in MSM that JL was responsible for SMs recent interest in Mountain Biking. Not so, according to the AA. I read the last paragraph on page 5 with interest.

How many people knew that SM would be alone on Mothers Day?

Last edited:
On May 9, 2020, Barry bragged to Morgan that he would be able to "bury a body" and "it would never be found." That narcissist just can't keep his mouth shut! I bet he was reallly hoping she wouldn't share that little tidbit with LE. (pg.52)

Ohhh. I’d forgotten all about this til just now reading your post @StarrDetective!

Nothing mentioned in the AA about the contents of MGs phone? But there was SOMETHING on it that handing it to LE made Barry so angry he fired her?
:eek:

Just thinking. Most of us here, regardless whether we’re of the opinion that the prosecution has enough to get a jury to convict or whether the circumstantial evidence is weak, we can agree that what evidence exists tells us Barry murdered Suzanne. What must it be like for friends and family of friends of the girls knowing what we know, what kind of man BM really is? Repulsive on SO many levels. Even if the girls believe 100% their dad is innocent (likely have not and will not read the AA), no doubt their friends and their families are following this very closely and have come to the same conclusion we have after reading the AA or listening to the local news. That’s one huge ELEPHANT in the room. Awkward.

@Kemug , we have an elephant for our BM zoo? :)

Oh goody, every zoo should have an elephant!:D

I have put more news and pics and articles in the Case Archive today.

Photobucket

Amanda.....I just took a few minutes to check out the photo library u have organized for Suzanne & want to thank u for doing so. There are so many photos in there that I had not seen before, & I have been glued to this case since day one, thought I’d seen them all. Can’t believe I missed so much!

U are so talented & donate so much time & effort for our benefit. We are so lucky to have u here with us! Thank u, thank u, thank u!

The daughters probably believe in their father's innocence at this time. But that may well change over time, whether that be quite soon or years away. They may end up with completely opposite opinions, and such a huge wedge will be driven between them that they may never have a loving sisterly relationship again. A total tragedy.

It was reported in MSM that JL was responsible for SMs recent interest in Mountain Biking. Not so, according to the AA. I read the last paragraph on page 5 with interest.

How many people knew that SM would be alone on Mothers Day?

Fascinating. As we can back track to the identity as one of only three people (one being the neighbor, the other two a father, son pair) who saw the house as Barry left it.

I imagine that Suzanne was just really well liked because she was well likable.

It seems that the only person who didn't like Suzanne was Barry. And maybe anyone he infected.

JMO

The DA's response to the judge's order will tell us something. If she reads the order as some WSers do - that the evidence for First Degree Murder is equivocal - she has the option of adding a lesser included charge. Although she could add it later, the judge's approval of the motion to add is required. The closer to the trial date, the more likely a defense objection would be sustained.

If there is no motion to add a second count of murder, I will take this as a sign the DA views the case against BM on First Degree as solid. MOO.

I was trying to keep up with the threads and not sure if this was mentioned here but I was reading the AA and pg 34 on May 9th in the morning, it was Suzanne who texted Barry “Want to Hike?” “Wanna meet to hike?” And Barry responds “No. I’ll come home.” But I believe during the preliminary hearing the tweets said it was Barry who sent the text that he wanted to hike. Which I personally thought was odd that HE wanted to hike. We all thought that he wanted to kill Suzanne during the hike and had cold feet.

Fascinating. As we can back track to the identity as one of only three people (one being the neighbor, the other two a father, son pair) who saw the house as Barry left it.

It seems that the only person who didn't like Suzanne was Barry. And maybe anyone he infected.

JMO
Hum, I am not disputing SM was not liked - I am wondering who knew (besides BM) that SM was going to be alone on Mothers Day. I think at least one of those three people knew.

[

JMO
Barry has given no indication that he didn't "like" Suzanne....quite the opposite, he professes to love her. Whether we think it is "love" or not we have no indication that he wouldn't have been perfectly happy staying with her. Marriages take many forms as does "love". Marriages can survive turmoil, affairs, etc. it just depends on the spouses. We know Suzanne didn't "love" Barry anymore as a spouse as she wanted a divorce. We know that Suzanne was open to counseling and Barry wasn't it seems so I would say she did give it a go at preserving her marriage. But in some ways that says to me, in my opinion, that the marriage wasn't horrific....Suzanne just wasn't happy anymore with the man she married and she gave all the reasons why.

We also have heard only from people who had business beefs with Barry so I'm not sure that we can say Barry wasn't "likeable"....we haven't heard much from people he considered friends. So not sure if he "infected" people or not and I'm not sure what "infected" means. He seems like a man's man so he may very well have alot of friends and some women like that type. Suzanne didn't. She thought he was a workaholic, she thought he was having affairs. She thought he controlled how money was spent. She was tired of arguing. She probably wanted a more 50/50 marriage. But in fact it is established that only a few people close to them it seems, "knew" that Suzanne was unhappy in her marriage.

Regardless, the fact that Suzanne wanted a divorce and Barry didn't is the only "fact" that prosecution needs to establish and they have more than enough to establish that fact as the judge pointed out. My opinion is if they spend too much time establishing who said what and who did what and what Suzanne's complaints were that it doesn't strengthen their case and could potentially weaken it, just my opinion.

Ohhh. I’d forgotten all about this til just now reading your post @StarrDetective!

Nothing mentioned in the AA about the contents of MGs phone? But there was SOMETHING on it that handing it to LE made Barry so angry he fired her?
:eek:
I think he was just mad that she was cooperating. Knowing Barry, he probably wanted to know everything she told investigators and she probably wouldn't tell him.

Pg 64: Barry said, "I'm telling ya, I had no idea of this [SM's infidelity] until today. But, looking at everything right now, things are making a little more sense to me from God's point of view because I would never understand why God would take away my wife after I fought two battles of cancer with her, had two miracle babies that we shouldn't have had, and had a wonderful life together."

Questions:
  1. Were BM and Suzanne an item during SM's first bought with cancer? What was BM's involvement in helping her fight that first cancer battle?
  2. Did BM really fight the second cancer battle with her?
  3. Did he marry Suzanne thinking they could not/would not have children? (Snarky comment: Being the self-avowed cheapskate he is, perhaps he was thinking of all the money he could save on contraceptives--or if an NFP advocate, lack of self-restraint that would require--not to mention the chemical-free sex.)
  4. Did he even want children?
  5. If BM believes in a vengeful god who smites the evil doer, is he concerned for his own welfare? Or does he see himself as an agent for his lord, doing the smiting for him. Or, mindful that "Thou shalt not kill" is one of the Ten Commandments (but ignoring "Thou shalt not bear false witness" and "Thou shalt not commit adultery" are there, too), did he leave SM alive somewhere, letting her survival be a miracle of fate?
Obviously, not all of these questions relate to the murder one charge, but I'm trying to wrap my head around his understanding of his role as husband and father.

Pg 64: Barry said, "I'm telling ya, I had no idea of this [SM's infidelity] until today. But, looking at everything right now, things are making a little more sense to me from God's point of view because I would never understand why God would take away my wife after I fought two battles of cancer with her, had two miracle babies that we shouldn't have had, and had a wonderful life together."

Questions:
  1. Were BM and Suzanne an item during SM's first bought with cancer? What was BM's involvement in helping her fight that first cancer battle?
  2. Did BM really fight the second cancer battle with her?
  3. Did he marry Suzanne thinking they could not/would not have children? (Snarky comment: Being the self-avowed cheapskate he is, perhaps he was thinking of all the money he could save on contraceptives--or if an NFP advocate, lack of self-restraint that would require--not to mention the chemical-free sex.)
  4. Did he even want children?
  5. If BM believes in a vengeful god who smites the evil doer, is he concerned for his own welfare? Or does he see himself as an agent for his lord, doing the smiting for him. Or, mindful that "Thou shalt not kill" is one of the Ten Commandments (but ignoring "Thou shalt not bear false witness" and "Thou shalt not commit adultery" are there, too), did he leave SM alive somewhere, letting her survival be a miracle of fate?
Obviously, not all of these questions relate to the murder one charge, but I'm trying to wrap my head around his understanding of his role as husband and father.
1) Yes her sister relayed the story of her first battle and how supportive Barry was.
2) Hard to say....there is nothing to date that tells that story
3) Yes, I believe that they knew it would be difficult if not impossible to have childrlen
4) I think so
5) No idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members