Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the numbered paint marks on trees at the crime scene... It may be as part of the investigation they looked for any holes on nearby trees that "could" have been bullet holes, marked them, then had a ballistics expert examine them. They may have been actual bullet holes where a bullet was recovered, but more likely just a candidate that was inspected and ruled out. It might just be a standard procedure and not even mean that a gun was involved in the incident. Though if the body had gunshot wounds, looking for gunshot evidence nearby might be important to determining if the murder happened there, or if the body was taken there later. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Why would Gabby's UNCLE post that there was a snapchat between her and friend on the 27th? Has the friend verified that the snapchat took place? What time? jmo

not sure, but here's a copy of precisely what appears on page 1 of this thread:

AUG 27 - Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)

Who's to say whether the snapchat was actually Gabby? Considering some of the witness accounts we've had recently it would appear the van stayed at Spread Creek for several days.

She was not headed to Yellowstone on the 27th at all, jmo.

Exactly none of these apps allow for COD payments, though. He or his parents would have had to stock up on (very traceable) prepaid cards, as someone mentioned above. JMO

Could you pay for the prepaid credit cards with cash? I mean, we would have to take money out of the bank to buy a bunch of these, but I actually know tons of people who keep what I consider to be large sums of cash at hand. I wonder if the Laundrie family do this?

Brian Laundrie alleged cryptic messages on Pinterest

"Gabby Petito’s missing boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, apparently shared cryptic and foreboding images and messages on Pinterest – including one last month that read: “Don’t try to find me. I have finally escaped my ‘master’s’ wicked clutches,” according to a report.

The 23-year-old, who has been named a person of interest in the Long Island native’s homicide, appeared to post under the account @blaundrie1197, although it has not been confirmed, according to The Sun.

But the news outlet noted that the account shares albums with a page belonging to Laundrie’s slain girlfriend and apparently also his mother, Roberta."

Some really interesting stuff further on in the article including drawings.....
With the Moab video known and cryptic images and messages known, he returned to FL alone, I just don't understand how BL, POI was not under watch for location and movement 24/7. John Walsh is going to bring this up tonight, I know it.

Isnt it possible that he spent some time between Sept 1 and Sept 11 setting up a makeshift spot in this park with supplies, etc. I don't know if we've really discussed that, but he had quite a bit of time before LE was watching IMO.
Yes.
It's also possible that he knew it from old and had a hiding place established from prior visits.
I've seen the swampland footage but I'm wondering whether there are any underground caves in the topographical maps?
I'd be very interested in the movements of the mustang when he drove it, stops etc.. It could well have been jam-packed with supplies that he'd been collecting, dropped at my imaginary cave and vehicle left back in parking lot for his parents to collect.

He may well have known it would be a long one.

Regarding bloodstains on the trees - wouldn't the police cut those places out and take them in for testing? I suppose they could have just swabbed, but I would think they would want the actual piece of wood for future testing and to make it available to the defense team (if it comes to that) to do their own independent testing?
Wouldn't they only need one? Why cut out all of them? Better to leave most in place, possibly for later examination and analysis of the site.

We still don't know what he has told his parents yet though. It's possible (true or not) that he told them a damn good story and they still believe him which is why the family immediately got an attorney involved. I'm not siding with them, rather, I still think there's a lot more un-revealed at this point in regards to BL's parents.

His attorney originally said it was common for someone close to the missing person to be accused (paraphrase), so he advised Brian and his parents not to talk to LE.

Brian may well have told the story that he went on a few days' hike, came back and found her dead, freaked out, and fled. JMOO

It's just that his behavior after that was not one of a grieving fiance--he took bike rides with his mom and helped his dad fix the mower.

But, to be fair, his parents might honestly believe his story and think he's innocent.

That would not excuse their behavior toward Gabby's mother, however.

Wouldn't spraying OVER a bloodstain corrupt the evidence even if it was swabbed before being sprayed?jmo

Also….just because something is marked, does not mean it pertains to the crime they are investigating. They are collecting and marking the location of ANYTHING that MIGHT potentially be evidence.

mo.

Hey guys!

Super sorry if this had been discussed. Just after a quick answer to my query. I was watching the body cam footage and BL said they were on the road for 3 to 4 months but they set off in July and the camp footage was August 12. Was there any info to explain the discrepancy? Or was it from when they left Long Island?

Sooo sorry, I'm just confused here.
See Timeline on page 1 of the thread.

Where would he have gotten a gun? There was some discussion around 10 threads ago or more, about how he couldn't have brought a gun with him from his quick trip to Florida, because of airport security and all. Where/how would he have gotten a gun after arriving back in SLC? Doesn't seem possible.

There were unconfirmed rumours that he has a Florida CCW license, which allows guns to be flown between states with reciprocity/mutual agreement.

Both Utah (so, SLC) and Wyoming have reciprocity agreements with Florida.

Personally I think he exaggerated to try to gain more sympathy from the officers with his total BS story that his crazy girlfriend went off on him. They are so stressed because they've been on the road sooooo long when in fact, it wasn't that long.

So this hasn't been discussed here??

Hopefully LE will look or have looked into this discrepancy

Where would he have gotten a gun? There was some discussion around 10 threads ago or more, about how he couldn't have brought a gun with him from his quick trip to Florida, because of airport security and all. Where/how would he have gotten a gun after arriving back in SLC? Doesn't seem possible.
Probably could get a rifle but handgun purchases in Utah require residency (or some other requirements like active duty, etc.) I believe. No idea about other states they travelled in. It's possible they had one. Has it been ruled out that they had one on the whole trip?

ETA: I personally dont think a gun was used, but just MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members