Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a lot of ways "ran up and down the sidewalk, he proceeded to hit her" can be spun. This is at 45 seconds into the 911 call.

The 911 caller was disturbed enough by the encounter to report it. Caller doesn't mention Gabby hitting him. The aggressor is B.

The conversation between BL and the police officer while BL was being driven to the motel keeps coming to my mind. They were talking about Sequoia National Park in CA and all the surrounding areas. I don't see how BL could possibly be there without being detected, but it's something that I took note of and wanted to share.
Sequoia National Park has been surrounded by wildfires for the last two weeks, as are many parks in California. They even wrapped the bases of the largest trees to try and save them. So nobody is going to go there right now. There's no reason to go to California when there are a million remote areas in the East where BL could hide anyway.
Sequoia National Park's Giant Forest unscathed by wildfire

Fox News had a live view

Just to kind of illustrate the "telephone effect" here is the EXACT and ENTIRE conflict description from the transcript of the 911 call:

DISPATCHER: "What were they doing?"
CALLER: "Uh, we drove by and the gentleman was slapping the girl."
DISPATCHER: "He was slapping her?"
CALLER: "Yes and then we stopped. They ran up and down the sidewalk. He proceeded to hit her, hopped in the car and they drove off."

That's it. Nothing more. Those 2 lines have taken on a life of their own on this forum and others. What's also important to note is we DO have another perspective - one that is more detailed and one that MUST cover the same incident BECAUSE it also ends with them getting in the van.

"At approximately 4:30 p.m., I arrived at Moonflower. While standing on the south side of the street, I observed a man and woman appear to have some sort of a dispute. They were talking aggressively at each other and something seemed off. At one point they were sort of fighting over a phone, I think the male took the female's phone. It appeared that he didn't want her in the white van. He got into the drivers seat and she followed him. At one point she was punching him in the arm and/or face and trying to get into the van. "

She eventually climbed in over him and over the passenger seat. I heard her say, "Why do you have to be so mean?" I wasn't sure how serious this was - it was hard to tell if it was sort of play fighting, but from my point of view something definitely didn't seem right. It was as if this guy was trying to leave her, and maybe take her phone? Not sure but wanted to help out. I noticed another person had called this in, and as soon as I left the store, I noticed a police officer and gave him my contact info."

The second witness isn't minimizing the incident. He says it looked wrong - but he also isn't reporting them chasing each other up and down the street and BL beating on GP. His description is WAY more detailed and I think gives a better idea what was going on. Then - you marry that to what GP and BL both said (when separated) and you look at the physical evidence and I think you can tell what happened.

And I'll also point out - it's not logical to just look at those 2 lines from the 911 call and decide a worst-case interpretation of them is the way to go. <modsnip>

I think you also have to consider the 911 caller seems to have witnessed the beginning of the incident and the eye witness seems to have caught the end of the incident. IMO They're talking about different points.

Since no other neighbors have corroborated her story I believe it needs to be considered somewhat suspect.

Nothing wrong with that perspective. I do wonder how many neighbors or others have chosen not to speak to the media.
Whether they saw him or not, I feel there is a lot of effort and manpower going into the current search location. This gives me reason to believe LE is basing this search on more information that we are aware of. Just a personal perspective and opinion.

Just to kind of illustrate the "telephone effect" here is the EXACT and ENTIRE conflict description from the transcript of the 911 call:

DISPATCHER: "What were they doing?"
CALLER: "Uh, we drove by and the gentleman was slapping the girl."
DISPATCHER: "He was slapping her?"
CALLER: "Yes and then we stopped. They ran up and down the sidewalk. He proceeded to hit her, hopped in the car and they drove off."

That's it. Nothing more. Those 2 lines have taken on a life of their own on this forum and others. What's also important to note is we DO have another perspective - one that is more detailed and one that MUST cover the same incident BECAUSE it also ends with them getting in the van.

"At approximately 4:30 p.m., I arrived at Moonflower. While standing on the south side of the street, I observed a man and woman appear to have some sort of a dispute. They were talking aggressively at each other and something seemed off. At one point they were sort of fighting over a phone, I think the male took the female's phone. It appeared that he didn't want her in the white van. He got into the drivers seat and she followed him. At one point she was punching him in the arm and/or face and trying to get into the van. "

She eventually climbed in over him and over the passenger seat. I heard her say, "Why do you have to be so mean?" I wasn't sure how serious this was - it was hard to tell if it was sort of play fighting, but from my point of view something definitely didn't seem right. It was as if this guy was trying to leave her, and maybe take her phone? Not sure but wanted to help out. I noticed another person had called this in, and as soon as I left the store, I noticed a police officer and gave him my contact info."

The second witness isn't minimizing the incident. He says it looked wrong - but he also isn't reporting them chasing each other up and down the street and BL beating on GP. His description is WAY more detailed and I think gives a better idea what was going on. Then - you marry that to what GP and BL both said (when separated) and you look at the physical evidence and I think you can tell what happened.

And I'll also point out - it's not logical to just look at those 2 lines from the 911 call and decide a worst-case interpretation of them is the way to go. <modsnip>

<modsnip> It is entirely possible they were two separate events. And if he was previously slapping and chasing her, I understand why she would be fighting to get back in. Additionally, that is NOT the entire 911 call as there was quite a bit of discussion following that portion.

Last edited by a moderator:
For people claiming there’s no way gun shots would go unnoticed, why didn’t anyone hear the Moab couple being shot to death sometime between august 13-17?
In my opinion many people hear gunshots all the time and don't realize it's a gunshot. They think maybe a transformer blew, or somebody let off a firework, or whatever.

Regarding the Police Report and the 911 Call from Brian Entin -

"For everyone asking whether the Chris in the witness statement is the same Chris on the 911 call – I just got some clarity. I spoke to Moab Police. It’s a bit complicated. They explained that Grand County dispatch took the 911 call. And Moab Police took the witness statement.

Two different entities. Police could not tell me whether it is the same person or not. They say the only way to figure it out would be to compare the records. The problem is – the records from both entities are redacted. In the 911 call, they silenced the last name.

And in the police report they redacted the last name. So at this point I don’t think there is a way to know for sure."

911 Call
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1440003531486998528

They don't want people talking about why an officer decided that the woman was the abuser when the calls showed the man as the abuser, toxic ex wives notwithstanding.

That info is all verifiable. If he flew from Wyoming to Florida, the dates can be checked fairly easily. Also, the time in a hotel can be verified. Use of and computer appears to be normal by Gabby during those dates in August.
It’s the time period after the hotel check out Aug 24?) and BL’s return to Wyoming that things took a turn.
Some things are not as certain. Yes, the TikTok person who says she gave BL a ride sounds like she’s telling the truth and it is possible that happened when she says it did, but it’s also possible that some of that info is not true. There are folks who claim things when news is reported.
The fact remains that BL is not an official suspect. He’s wanted due to missing person report with harm possibilities, and as a witness, person of interest in a homicide. If he were found, all he has to say is that he wants to kill or harm self and he would likely be put into a mental health facility for observation, not jail. LE might not even be allowed to question him and he certainly does not have to answer any questions.

I know everything is verifiable. I was responding to someone who had their events out of time sequence, and I was adding that the hotel is by the airport. I also know BL is not a suspect. I was replying to someone who was talking about a theory about him being mad that she was able to get herself into a hotel. I'm not sure what all this information has to do with what I was saying to that poster.

It is and it's not. While some dogs excel at a certain thing (ie; a little breeds) they're rarely used in real life police scenarios where natural ability, drive, stamina, size, precision,etc have to come into play. A GSD has 250+ million olfactory receptors a Labrador or bloodhound has around 300 million whereas a smaller dog will have 100-125 million and a human about 6 million.

Which is why you see hounds, shepherds and occasionally Labradors as the primary dogs used in police work. When you see bloodhounds, coonhounds or beagles with their nose to the ground you can almost count on the fact that they are trailing. They might be trained to do other things but trailing is where they excel.

GSD's , malinois, and labs tend to excel at tracking and air scenting and/or cadaver work. They have more stamina and drive then their hound cousins. You'll also see collie SAR dogs but more often in disaster or urban work- they're prized for having a high hunt drive, being agile and working independently.

When you're looking at a police situation they're using the best of the best dogs in each category so if you know their breed strengths you can ponder a pretty good guess at what that dog is doing.

MOO - The dog in the twitter link is very likely highly skilled- going by it's age. He or she is getting closish to retirement. I'd bet she's capable of tracking/ air scenting and cadaver and she probably excels above and beyond at one of those.

Off topic, but I noticed in the photos that most, if not all of the many K9 handlers in that photo appear to be women— I wonder if that is common?

100%. He is out there and his parents know where. He is not in that swamp. I really hope his parents are held accountable for not only the assistance they provided their killer son but also for the risk they’re putting LE in while they’re out searching for their son in such a treacherous place, most likely with their guidance.
BL is a horrible individual, and his parents are right up there with him.
Agree.

At first I didn't think the deer cam pic looked that much like Brian until I compared it to this profile pic

IMO, I don't think it does; Scaling the reference photo you posted down, it appears (at least to me) that the overall shape of the skull of these two individuals is markedly different, as is the shape of the nose (BL's is very convex while I'm seeing the opposite on the deer cam subject) and ear shape/location (the top of BL's ear aligns with the corner of his brow while it seems as though the deer cam subject's ear is more blunt and aligns closer to the center of the eye). Again, MOO.

Attachments

• deercamcomparison.jpg
    deercamcomparison.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 26
Nobody. None. That is the point. They are so composed and unconcerned because he isn’t there. He never was. That is what my post was about…
OK, so the whole story his parents presented, about him going camping in the reserve wouldn't have been credible to anyone in the area, or even most Floridians? I wasn't sure how much of the doubt about veracity of that claim was particular to knowledgeable Websleuths members, vs. Florida society in general. I was just trying to get a broader perspective, thanks.

i think they are giving him more credit then he deserves, first of all no not without alot of supplies he cant live in their for months, if all he had was that little backpack i doubt he has made it the 7 days that his parents say he has been in there already, i really and truley dont believe he is in there, at least not alive!

although I wouldn’t want to do it especially in humid Florida, it’s not too hard to live an extended amount of time with very little supplies in nature. If he has a life straw and a backpack full of protein bars that’s all he needs. He looks to be knowledgeable about plants so he probably knows what is eatable and although it might not all taste good, there quite a lot of nature that is eatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288