Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it does, it's the unlawful killing of one person by another.

A determination of homicide during autopsy doesn't inherently imply either malice or criminality. Justifiable homicide in a case of self defense for example (not necessarily in this case; I've refrained from speculating as cause of death and other evidence aren't available to the public as of yet), accidental killing or manslaughter (some states legally differentiate between these) are all under the umbrella of homicide.

ITA, there is no way the Feds would be scouring there with all of these resources if there wasn't reliable information for them to believe he is there.

Whether it's a capture or recovery at this point is yet to be seen IMO.
LE has a lot of restrictions on what they can and cannot do. They have to take the info given on these missing persons reports. They are even more hamstrung (as well as pushed and motivated) because they are under such public scrutiny. They are going by what parents reported and I guess the evidence that a family car was indeed at that park. That’s all they have.
For all we and they know, he could be nearly anywhere.

Wow, so many rumors being posted. Please refer to the guidelines before posting.
Lots of Newbies here who have obviously not read the terms of service they agreed to when they signed up. It’s part of the reason these threads are going so fast, and also causes a ton of extra work for our awesome Moderators.
PLEASE newbies, familiarize yourself with the Websleuth’s Terms Of Service that you agreed to when you signed up.
The reason Websleuths differs from social media is that we don’t post gossip, rumors or state opinion as fact. We are better than that.
ESPECIALLY what/who is an approved media source. Thanks!

Last edited:
What has he done wrong? Right now he has done best job possible to protect Laundries from any charges and any hard evidence usable against them in future charges. By usable, I mean in a court of law. BL and Family have Zero criminal charges against them.
I happen to agree. I also think that Mr. Bertolino has been underestimated by the public here and, quite possibly, by the North Port Police Deaprtment... maybe even somewhat by the FBI. Bertolino has, in effect, told them to do their job. He has - IMO - clearly indicated that any mis-steps will cost the "people". And, I think it's been taken to heart. He seems to me to have an admirable grasp on the law... and how to apply it's principles. Maybe he wasn't the "rube" lowly real estate guy as some disparaged him. I dunno. I respect folks for not 'liking' him.

Yeah, I saw that just after I posted. However it was confusing because the journalist who originally stated that later deleted the tweet and all references to them doing it and then now has tweeted confirmation.
I never thought the body was where the pop-up canopy was erected but a reporter associated with chopper5 mentioned the grove of trees.

I believe it was Daily Mail (if anyone has the link - one of the mods posted it last night ) that posted a video of a reporter walking from where the van was to the cross. It gives you a really good idea of the little foot bridge BL (and I believe GP was alive when they walked out there but that's just MOO ) had to cross and how far it is (and also where the trees are, tent would have been, etc).

'They Always Had Some Drama': Friends Reflect on Romance Between Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie

"One minute, they'd be all over each other, the next minute, he'd be like, 'We're fighting,'" says Laundrie's friend, Ben Matula, describing their relationship when they were teenagers in Long Island, New York. "They always had some drama."

Matula, who spoke to PEOPLE exclusively for this week's issue, adds: "There was always something below the surface where things weren't 100% wonderful."
Sounds typical for young relationships. Hell, some “older” relationships too. MOO

burner phone?

He could have had one all along. A friend could have given one Cash is not easily traced. Also, considering LE wasn’t even watching BL—he could just slip out of house undetected—LE not even sure when he was at parents’ house, I doubt they were watching parents’ movements. They could drive to a Walmart an hour or so away snd buy one with cash.

Burner phones are cheap they sell them at Walmarts, convenient stores cheap and easy to use. Would be harder to trace purchase if he used cash.

Considering the way this seems to be trending, I think a murder prosecution is going to become a moot point. If so, it's going to be really disappointing.

I think the odds of him being dead are much higher than him being alive and on the run.

He has to pay for data use and texts/calls too. Who’s topping up this phone to be able to keep him updated? It’s not like he can quickly pop into a gas station and just buy a top up card, is it?
You can pay in cash up front for data. There are a number of ways to get around detection in this area that I even know so it’s hardly an impediment. I could disappear with a difficult, possibly impossible to trace cell phone right now. He’s not been gone long, so not likely hes run out of anything. Though if hes in the preserves, keeping it charged could be a challenge.

Considering the way this seems to be trending, I think a murder prosecution is going to become a moot point. If so, it's going to be really disappointing.

I think the odds of him being dead are much higher than him being alive and on the run.

Curious why you think he is suicidal?
I think he will attempt to hide.

I literally just wrote that the search warrant isn’t public so why would I have seen it?

OP claimed the parents electronics were in a search warrant, which while it may be true, we have no earthly idea what the feds have from the home. Because the search warrant isn’t public.

I am exhausted by this thread omg
You can take a breather so that you do not become annoyed with people.

If he killed her and then scouted around for a couple of days for where to dispose of the body, a number of "better" options would have occurred to him, like put her in the driver's seat and slide the car down a boat ramp. My guess from the haste to get home and the poorly hidden body that she died right there in a fit of rage and he left shortly afterward.

I tend to think her death was a reaction of rage and not a planned event. Not that the thought had not entered the mind but that it was not specifically planned.

Distance from the body seemed like the safest option. The plan was to run from the body rather than to run to a hiding place. Going home seemed to be the most logical to play into a narrative.

Once home, the body was found and once again the reaction was to run from something more than to run to a more permanent hiding place.

This leads me to thinking the ultimate outcome will follow the pattern. That is to run away from LE without a long term plan. The emotional intensity that likely led to Gabby's death will lead to his.

I just looked at the Red, White and Bethune video again. Something always seemed strange and I finally know what. Why is the van visible on the return drive outside of the driver's window, shouldn't it appear on the passenger side instead? Or did it get moved?

I literally just wrote that the search warrant isn’t public so why would I have seen it?

OP claimed the parents electronics were in a search warrant, which while it may be true, we have no earthly idea what the feds have from the home. Because the search warrant isn’t public.

I am exhausted by this thread omg
I find the "ignore" button to be an amazing tool at our disposal here.
I use it often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member