Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waste of resources to dive for anyone in a reserve with gators. He's not there.

In your opinion. The fact that the FBI and local LE keep sending in more resources likely means that they have other evidence to support him being in there. I highly doubt they are doing this based on the parents word at this point.

MOO.

To anyone’s knowledge, in regards to previous case history, has a TMZ “exclusive” ever been accurate?

Apologies if this question isn’t allowed.

Whew! The FBI doesn't fool around -- going in & around with weapons drawn & ready. If this didn't alarm his parents, what would?
Don't they know that they would act in kind if/when they found their son???
I am nearly positive, as a parent, that they have been WAY more alarmed for weeks, and over way more important things than folks poking around in this house, home to both Gabby and Brian and themselves... I highly doubt this incident mattered much at all to them at this point.

Ugggghh... Why would the investigative team leave an elaborate cross made out of rocks at the site of GP's recovery? That seems so tacky and unprofessional. How long did GP's family have to wonder about BL burying her and making a memorial? Between this, and GP's family's attorney lashing out at BL's attorney about GP's photos on a Yelp page BL's attorney didn't even claim from Yelp as his business, which were uploaded by other Yelp users? Stop screwing around, do this by the book, and let's get some justice for GP.

Just...Wow! I assure you there is nothing tacky about placing a makeshift cross to honor a deceased person. Have you ever seen crosses on the side of the road along highways? Those crosses mark the place where someone lost their life in a traffic accident. There is absolutely nothing "tacky" about it. In fact its a very respectful gesture. Gabby's rock cross is a variant.

Last edited:
I would also imagine that they trawl with cameras and other detection equipment before sending actual people in.

Right, I thought I was answering the question of what weapons divers would use... sorry if I quoted the wrong post; that's never happened before to me on here so idk.

His parents had to have known about these conditions—why wait even one minute to report him missing when they ‘discovered’ the Mustang?
The FBI wouldn't have searched their home if they didn't have a good lead to believe that evidence is inside their home either leading to Brians whereabouts, who killed Gabby, how she was killed, and where she was located.

I understand. And just a reminder to everyone, it’s a real good idea to take breaks from these sort of cases

It feels like fall, go out for some cider and donuts. Take the dog for a walk. Change the baby’s diaper for gosh sakes! Hug your loved ones.
Take care of yourself
Yes, I've slowed my roll considerably.

“Homicide is a legal term for any killing of a human being by another human being. Homicide itself is not necessarily a crime—for instance, a justifiable killing of a suspect by the police or a killing in self-defense. Murder and manslaughter fall under the category of unlawful homicides”nolo.com

So a person in the heat of an argument with another, both pushing or shoving each other, resulting in one falling against a rock causing death? Would this be manslaughter or a Degree of murder?

Because he's not in there!
Surely LE/FBI wouldn’t just take the parents’ word for it, and spend these resources and time and enter dangerous conditions for nothing.

They must have reason to believe he is likely in there.

If they were just trying to follow every possibility, LE said the other day that the search in the nature reserve had been “exhausted”. They could have stopped.

With the amount of media coverage this is getting, while this has helped the case a lot in finding GP, it could also be a hindrance to LE. I can think of three things:

1. ⁠Maybe LE are using this to their advantage to make BL, his parents and whoever is watching and helping him, think they are onto the 'wrong' track. When in fact they could be looking for him elsewhere as well that they haven't released to the media or the public. I mean he's obviously not dumb, but if he is watching everything right now, he wouldn't be in the area they are searching still.

2. ⁠Maybe he's just hiding in plain sight, in a house somewhere (maybe some family friends are helping him or his parents did when he contacted them )...and he's watching it all with enough supplies to last him months. Unless he goes out and moves around, the chances of catching him would be very slim.

3. ⁠Maybe he got some fake IDs and tons of cash in hand and left the state/country...and leaving no digital trail at all. He probably got a few burner phones under fake name to access his IG or watch the news. I see people saying he's still accessing his IG etc which I wouldn't be surprised, he obviously loves the attention.

I think the longer it takes them to find him, the more confident he's gonna get and he will eventually get sloppy thinking he's gotten away with it. And that's when they will catch him. But who knows if and when this will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam