Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be crazy if they are searching just to make BL reassured/overconfident that he is safe (somewhere else) and he comes out for supplies. I know it sounds weird but would have worked if there wasn't so much public interest/media coverage.

“Homicide is a legal term for any killing of a human being by another human being. Homicide itself is not necessarily a crime—for instance, a justifiable killing of a suspect by the police or a killing in self-defense. Murder and manslaughter fall under the category of unlawful homicides”nolo.com

So a person in the heat of an argument with another, both pushing or shoving each other, resulting in one falling against a rock causing death. Would this be manslaughter or a Degree of murder?

Trail Cam Individual Identified:
The Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office has positively identified the individual whose image was captured on a deer trail camera near Baker and shared on social media, sparking nationwide speculation that it was missing North Port Florida resident Brian Laundrie.

You may very well be correct.

Why do you believe there is no possibility that he is there?

What do you think are likely places he could be?

First.of.all that is not a place to run to to hide!
Its terrible in there right now.
I think its look in here while I go there!
Where did he go my guess is north to get.out of florida!
I think he has a vehicle!

Just...Wow! I assure you there is nothing tacky about placing a makeshift cross to honor a deceased person. Have you ever seen crosses on the side of the road along highways? Those crosses mark the place where someone lost their life in a traffic accident. There is absolutely nothing "tacky" about it. In fact its a very respectful gesture. Gabby's rock cross is just a variant.

Agreed, I think it was very kind and thoughtful. Crime scene techs and FBI agents are people too. It was surely very sad to find Gabby murdered. We don't know what the scene looked like but it might have been brutal. The people who found her were leaving their respects and honoring her life. The national parks are supposed to be a peaceful place to enjoy nature, not somewhere to harm another person.

I am nearly positive, as a parent, that they have been WAY more alarmed for weeks, and over way more important things than folks poking around in this house, home to both Gabby and Brian and themselves... I highly doubt this incident mattered much at all to them at this point.
And well they should have been alarmed when their son arrived home without Gabby. Why do you think that he would not tell police when and where he last saw her? Why did his parents support this?

So a person in the heat of an argument with another, both pushing or shoving each other, resulting in one falling against a rock causing death? Would this be manslaughter or a Degree of murder?
Manslaughter most likely IMO. Im not a lawyer or professional, but sadly have personal experience with family that indicates that to be the case.

The taking the phone, keeps popping up. It has been discussed if it was to isolated and strand her.
I think there is a strong possibility that it was to disrupt here work on social media. I would imaging there was a lot of material she needed on it. It is much easier to grab the phone than a computer. It may have been a control issue.

Totally agree, and it adds into his pattern of control and leaving her isolated, which friends are reporting too. He had taken her ID once so she couldn’t go dancing according to her friend Rose.

A couple of days ago I opined whether he had physically left her and driven off in the van before and that’s why she had climbed back into the van on the drivers side after the 911 call to report him slapping her. He abandoned her when he flew back to help with the storage issues.

I'm sorry there is nothing stupid about this guy!
He free!
He's made.LE look like fools!
Will he be.found ?
I'm not.so sure!

It is hard to know his level of intelligence based on what I have seen, or more importantly, a lack there of.

LE may not find him where they are currently looking but that is not because they are fools. They are smart in their training, to follow leads, organize resources, and communicate smartly and effectively.

How did BL manage to leave on Tuesday in a Mustang without the press outside not noticing him?
I don't know about any other press, or who was out there at that time, but Brian Entin (you can look him up on twitter) was at the Laundrie house on Tues and noted that the Mustang wasn't there. He left that night(can't remember what time) and the Mustang still wasn't there. However when he returned on Wednesday morning, the Mustang was back out in the driveway. So I'm not sure when the Mustang initially left the driveway, but it was gone when Entin got to the house on Tuesday morning. In other words, I'm not sure if Entin was at the Laundrie house before Tuesday.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin

I just want to say it was not a tool booth, it was the camera at the interstate exit ramp to his home. It is a couple miles to his house from the exit so no guarantee he drove straight home but I think we can be sure he did arrive home on Sept 1.
We can ascertain when that van passed that camera, to be precise. That’s all. Nothing else at this point. He might not have been in that van. No one has been able to prove definitively exactly when and how BL got home and when he arrived and left that home.

No sight nor sound, sadly.
Helluva resource intensive search though, not sure when or if I ever saw the like of it except in terrorism cases.

Thanks so much, @kittythehare. Surely he will be located soon with so many eyes out there!

His parents should be on atvs and in a swamp with these good people searching.

JMHO

The Laundries told LE that Brian left on Tuesday to go for a hike. He never returned. LE was called on Friday to alert them that Brian was missing. To quote the article:
"The family of Brian Laundrie, the fiance of 22-year-old Gabby Petito -- who was reported missing by her family nearly a week ago -- told police in North Port, Florida, they haven't seen him in days, according to police spokesperson Josh Taylor.

Laundrie's family asked police to come to their home and told them they have not seen him since Tuesday, Taylor said."

Police say Gabby Petito's fiance Brian Laundrie has been missing since Tuesday

Have LE confirmed last sighting of BL (other than what his parents have said). All reports I've seen are prefaced with "the family haven't seen him"...

Have BL's family made any public appeals to help find him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17