Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking at the calender there is only one weekend 9/3-5 before she was reported missing 9/10-11 the next weekend I thought they found the van at their house.
They didn’t leave in the van, but the camper attached to the back of the red pickup. I’m trying to find a media link. I saw this LIVE on TV.

Ummm… yes. Info was released that family went to reserve looking for BL. Likely in that red truck. So, yeah, both of those vehicles were in that area.

I'm sorry - I don't think I was clear - what I meant was, I do believe they did actually go to the reserve - since many people have asked the question "do we even really know he went there". I was just affirming that I think this is something they are telling the truth about.

Every family with a missing child is going through unimaginable circumstances, yet pretty much all of them plead publicly for their child to come home or for the person responsible to bring them home. For instance, GP's family.

Just a few additional thoughts on this.

There are so many missing people we never know about, so, we can't base our demand for parents to speak publicly as a normal requirement.

Not every missing person is a POI in a homicide case with legal advise.

We have no idea what we would do in their circumstance (we do not know their full circumstance) until we live it.

I just caution being so bitter towards people without taking a moment. Bitterness can be interpreted as self reflecting which is likely not accurate.

FOX NEWS w/ Margaret MacCallum at 3:08 ET - Interview with neighbors who moved across the street from Brian, Gabby and his parents in June but did not/ do not “know” them: Neighbor said they saw the son and parents stock with supplies, a newly bought camper which fits down into the bed of a pickup truck and hangs over the cab. Then the 3 of them went on a “couple or 3 day trip together”… which the neighbors said they thoughts was odd for a son that age to go away with his parents in a tiny camper such as that. This was a few weeks ago after Brian returned from trip with Gabby, according to neighbors.

Last edited:
Perhaps he has an invisible disability we aren't privy to that makes it challenging for him to live alone?

With all due respect, I think the fact that he is on his own right now alluding LE (successfully it would seem) and factoring in the
vanlife trip combined with him leaving Gabby for what it now seems like multiple times on that trip would indicate that he is fine on his own.

My kids and I have an emergency text- they text me and ask me a certain innocuous question. If they do I try to facetime them and if they don't answer....Find my iphone and call LE

My mom and I had this too! When I was a kid my question was “Are you driving the Delorean?” (We didn’t have a Delorean).

Highly recommend anyone with kids or even just a partner have this set up between them. Or even just a code word that wouldn’t normally be said. You can work that into conversation very easily without looking suspicious.

https://twitter.com/mikerreports/status/1440756640253300737?s=21

#BREAKING: A New Orleans couple says they witnessed Brian Laundrie arguing with wait staff at a Jackson Hole restaurant hours before she is believed to have gone missing #justiceforgabby

FIRST ON FOX: One of the last times Gabby Petitowas seen alive involved an explosive argument between Brian Laundrie and wait staff at a Jackson Hole restaurant, according to a New Orleans couple who said they witnessed the spat.

"I have chills right now," Nina Celie Angelo told Fox News Digital Wednesday. "It's crazy because it wasn't just like we passed them on the street -- it was a full blown incident."

Angelo said she and her boyfriend, Matthew England, were in town for a wedding in late August. They were out to lunch at Merry Piglets, a Tex-Mex restaurant, between 1 and 2 p.m. on Aug. 27, when they said an agitated Laundrie began arguing with a waitress. Four and a half hours later, a travel-blogging couple passed Petito's van at a campsite north of town.
This is why I was wondering about the Jackson Hole cameras that are up everywhere. LE likely has it, but I was wondering if they were archived anywhere that we could check.

I hope he is found, one way or another. If he is not found there will always be doubt about whether he was consumed in that swamp, or whether he managed to abscond and was never in that swamp.
This is what seems a little odd. LE is so sure he's in the swamp, they're swarming it with every category of manpower and detective power they can bring to bear. But there's no guarantee he's there, or ever was there more than an hour or two, until some pre-arranged pick-up took him somewhere else. He could be anywhere by now. He could be in someone's basement watching LE on TV trying to track him in the swamp, and laughing his head off.

I share your thought about the manner of death, likely strangulation or blunt force trauma to the head. Both indicate a known assailant and from an emotional impulse.

Not really. Covering a body, or overkill would...but strangulation and hitting someone over the head is pretty common rage or sexual type crime.

Well, that's mighty interesting.
Not something you do if you know your son murdered his girlfriend.

Maybe the parents really didn't know anything until later.

Maybe he is very convincing- "Gabby and I broke up, it was bad, don't answer calls or texts from her mom or dad, she's crazy blah, blah, blah. She's missing? I did not know that, let me text her and see if she's OK...Uh Oh I have her phone"

Last edited:
Thank you to you and to everyone else who replied to me about the Mustang! I guess maybe it just looks posh to a Brit because they're very different to how our cars look! Haha

You caught on to my point though - it may well be that he DOES have the financial means to be able to support himself for a long time on the run.

Where did he get the $200 cash from that he supposedly offered to the woman who he hitched a ride with when she was going to Jackson!?

I'm also still unclear why he flew home for a week during their road trip, leaving Gabby out there alone. What did he go home for!?

MOO

He went home supposedly to clean out a storage unit he and Gabby shared. I don’t have the link handy, but it is a part of the approved timeline here.

And I agree, I think he has access to a fair amount of money. MOO

Does anyone have more information on Brian's August 17-23 trip back to Florida then back to Salt Lake City? It seems strange to leave a planned cross country road trip to unpack a storage unit (especially for an entire week). They had little money but could afford a plane ticket & a hotel for Gabby during this time? It does not make any sense to me & I can't figure out why nobody is discussing this. I have to be missing something...

You aren’t. Not much info on this. But LE can verify some of that info. If he took plane home, there would be record and airport camera footage. Also, if he Or parents opened up a storage locker, I would think LE would have access to that info and really should have searched that as well. BL could be living in one, for all we know unless checked out.
But he AND Gabby verified as being alive and back in Wyoming after that trip and apparently together. So not as relevant since homicide occurred AFTER that trip.

https://twitter.com/mikerreports/status/1440756640253300737?s=21

#BREAKING: A New Orleans couple says they witnessed Brian Laundrie arguing with wait staff at a Jackson Hole restaurant hours before she is believed to have gone missing #justiceforgabby

FIRST ON FOX: One of the last times Gabby Petitowas seen alive involved an explosive argument between Brian Laundrie and wait staff at a Jackson Hole restaurant, according to a New Orleans couple who said they witnessed the spat.

"I have chills right now," Nina Celie Angelo told Fox News Digital Wednesday. "It's crazy because it wasn't just like we passed them on the street -- it was a full blown incident."

Angelo said she and her boyfriend, Matthew England, were in town for a wedding in late August. They were out to lunch at Merry Piglets, a Tex-Mex restaurant, between 1 and 2 p.m. on Aug. 27, when they said an agitated Laundrie began arguing with a waitress. Four and a half hours later, a travel-blogging couple passed Petito's van at a campsite north of town.
This guy is a ticking bomb!

So the news saying BL and Parents went camping for 3 days after he returned after 9/1.... Did we know this? Guess Im behind

I don’t think we knew anything about this until now when the neighbors were interviewed by FoxNews. I was shocked! From what they said, BL and Dad had been working on the camper attachment for the truck, then BL and parents left for a 3 day weekend in it. They thought it was strange that a 23 year old would go camping with his parents. They couldn’t remember the exact date, but it was recently.

ETA: recently, but before the neighbors knew GP was missing

Redirect Notice

"I’m really upset now because … [the Laundries] should have absolutely come forward now," Guthrie told Fox News Digital. "I mean, I just … can't believe they didn’t do something. I’m really angry now that they … let this go. And that everything was so natural and they remained so normal through the whole thing, you know, while they were here, till he went on the run."

Petito and Laundrie, 23, were traveling cross-country in a white 2012 Ford Transit van that they converted into a camper over the summer before Petito was reported missing on Sept. 11. Laundrie returned home to North Port, Fla., where the couple lived with Laundrie’s parents, 10 days earlier on Sept. 1 with no sign of Petito.

Survivalist explains how long Laundrie could last in Florida wilderness
An expert in outdoor survival told FOX 13 News what it would take for someone like Brian Laundrie to survive on his own in Florida's wild terrain

Laundrie is a person of interest in the case and has since also been reported missing. North Port law enforcement officers are continuing their search Tuesday for any signs of the 23-year-old in an area of the Mabry Carlton Jr. Memorial Reserve not far from Laundrie's family home.

"He mowed the lawn. Him and his mother went for a bicycle ride around the block," Guthrie said. "I mean, everything was just normal life once he came back. And I just can’t get over the fact that they — it seemed like nothing bothered him. How can you do that?"

Guthrie noted that while Laundrie has not been accused of any crime, the FBI's announcement that Petito died of homicide and Laundrie's disappearance in September look "really, really bad for him," adding that his parents should have spoken up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member