Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK the only confirmed dates would be Aug 9th through 13th? August 9th because she posted about Delicate arch hike on a monday and 13th because they spent the night of the 12th. There are pics from Canyonlands (which is basically Moab from July 30th though).
Thank you! My family and I literally did the same trip that they did but backwards. I believe we are in Moab when they were. July 29-August 1 we were there. But like you said Canyonlands is basically in Moab. We shopped at City Market (I think that’s close to Moonflower) and stayed at the Fairfield Inn by the Arches entrance. So crazy! That is why the story has resonated with me. So sad. Someways I wish I would’ve been there to help her.

We just did a 4 day trip in a converted sprinter van with my wife, my 26 year old and my 22 year old son (who is more like a 150 pound toddler so he didn't get a vote). It went great, we all had a grand time and none of us got into a fight. It can be done.
Yes it can, my kids rodeoed and we had several 3/4 day trips where are family of 6, kids ages 12-16 stayed in the 12’ LQ of our horse trailer, we had fun. When the kids got a little older my husband and I would get a hotel room and we let the kids stay in the trailer

i think we have to be careful to read too much into the “camping” trip. We don’t know what actually happened. In that same interview the neighbors couldn’t remember time frames, didn’t even seem to know specifics about who even lived in the house. If you can’t remember who is living in the house across the street or know much about your neighbors at all (which they fully say), why would we think they suddenly know details about a 3 day camping trip? This hasn’t been verified and is just a story coming from neighbors. We shouldn’t treat it as fact in my opinion.
I wouldn't discount it either.
It may be highly significant, if accurate.

They are speculating pregnancy now? Wow. She would have had to have gone to the Doctor, ultrasound, etc.. This case is just mindblowing.

Was Brian Laundrie Spotted on a Wildlife Camera in Florida? - YouTube
I don't know. A few of the pregnant women where i live have not sought out any big prenatal care, delivered at home etc. BUT if i found out i was pregnant at 23 years old, living on the road, with a rocky relationship I'd be overwhelmed. I am not at all convinced she was pregnant but the autopsy report will reveal that. I didn't think she looked pregnant in the MOAB video but that doesn't really mean anything really, just my observation. If she was pregnant, well that could lend itself to a motive.
She does not look pregnant is true. Plus she's thin. Thin people show quickly. I'm not buying it at the moment. Guess we wait and see. Nothing about this case would surprise me though.

I just saw this on Twitter too, is this normal? Seems weird to me that they would show up unless there’s something they can add to the search?

Could be a charging station for LE? OR a technical team to assist in breaking down the phone number owner information popping up in the reserve search areas. ?? Just guessing there

If he were in New York I think the New York Post reporters would find him before the police. New York media is vicious!

Yay for us New Yorkers! I like that my media is on point.

However, on Long Island it would more likely be Newsday than the NY Post. I feel fairly certain they have a stringer out there watching the house, just in case.

It's true that here in NYC it would be easy to blend in, but I keep my eyes peeled and I'm surely not the only one. Not that many people are wearing masks outdoors as we all did last year, but he does have distinctive eyes.

He'd need beaucoup bucks to get a hotel room here, though. Not very feasible for the long term, and some manager might very well notice him after awhile, although masks should be worn indoors.

Not me, but that's my life history speaking. Pulling into a gorgeous new camping area, she'd want to be up front. It was her occupation, her work, to document their trips. Arriving at GT would be a perfect chance for that. Also, he had trained her to mollify him, so she would not miss that adventure unless he had already hurt her. I'm still of the opinion he did it on the 26th unless I see proof of the restaurant altercation. Other than my boyfriend has a photographic memory, sat up in the middle of the night and started "screaming" that he figured out who BL was. (shorthand for the post restaurant account)

So just waiting here with an open mind...dishing out my own opinion based on my own experiences camping, etc. The best time, full of expectations and wonder, picking your camping place.

You make such good points. I have gone camping extensively also. Pulling into a new camping place is exciting and you would expect them both to want to see everything. Picking out the place to put the tent, the views, where are the trails, etc. The fact that the van was off to the side of the road and witnesses said not even in a real camping spot, appeared dark and empty, no tent, and looked that way for DAYS, is very very odd. You would expect to see their camp, their tent, and signs of them being there. That van was not where they slept. I would guess the van is where they kept their laptops and batteries, and maybe cameras, other electronics. They slept in their nice lovely tent and set up camp, that is all seen in their Youtube video. There was even a clip of Gabby holding up the sides of the tent when it was raining pretty hard.

I'm not sure I believe the restaurant story either. It seems over the top and the memories of the people involved were not great.

IMO

The Appalachian Trail Southern Terminus is 9-10 hours up I-75
⬆️ This!! Why are we just now learning this??
Because we don’t get to always know things in real time, especially from interviews. But I believe the neighbors said in the video clip they had already spoken with either the FBI or the police.

Here's what I take from the neighbor video. BLs parents bought a camper van and were planning on going camping for Labor Day weekend 9/4, 9/5, 9/6. Friday Saturday and Sunday. Their 23 y/o comes back on 9/1 from what they were told was a breakup with his girlfriend/fiancé for the second time in a month and they take him along on the camping trip. they could not have traveled the following weekend otherwise they would not have been home when the police came. Frankly I found the whole cringy neighbor interview hard to watch and makes me think they wanted their 15 seconds of "fame." Edited because I always forget the MOO

I think it has been debunked elsewhere that the signs on the log were about parking and NOT sonogram pictures. Plus, you don't usually have a sonogram until you are 12 weeks pregnant if you are not otherwise seeking fertility treatments or high risk. She was definitely not 12 weeks pregnant in the Utah video. JMO
True. I can't believe all the speculation going around. I agree.

My shortlist of things I find weird:

Earlier this week police say "At this time, we currently believe we have exhausted all avenues in searching of the grounds there". Then they do the complete opposite?

Why have we not heard from any of Brian's acquaintances, ex-girlfriends, literally any person connected to him?

Did the storage unit still have stuff in it?

Verizon support unit might be related to the internet outages happening all day around there

In terms of exes, he might not have any? I know plenty of 23 year olds who didn't have past relationships, or even a first relationship at that age. I don't find that too strange. I think a lot of people here are misjudging what it's like to be 23 years old - and I'm not necessarily sympathising with BL here - but I've seen a lot of comments calling him 'extraordinarily immature for a 23 year old' and so on. Maybe my part of the world is different, but it's really not unusual to have only had one relationship at that age where I'm from. I think a lot of 23 year olds are 'immature' - that's just a fact of the matter imo. Maybe it's different in the US, but I don't expect a 23 year old to 'have their life sorted out' or have a great deal of experience in terms of work, relationships, or indeed, life. You're just out of university/college at that age, if you went. If you don't, you may have even less life experience. It's young.

Thank you! My family and I literally did the same trip that they did but backwards. I believe we are in Moab when they were. July 29-August 1 we were there. But like you said Canyonlands is basically in Moab. We shopped at City Market (I think that’s close to Moonflower) and stayed at the Fairfield Inn by the Arches entrance. So crazy! That is why the story has resonated with me. So sad. Someways I wish I would’ve been there to help her.
I am in Utah. I hope you enjoyed your visit.

Yeah, I highly doubt LE would devote so much time, resources and manpower to a search this extravagant without conclusive evidence of him actually being there. All signs point to recovery mission. /JMO

With the hordes of people protesting at the Laundrie's house, I worried about vigilante justice. I hope he didn't involuntarily go visit the alligators.

I sure can't tell you who my neighbors are, but being NOSEY beyond belief from following true crime, I could tell you anything they do!!! "People in the gray house were late putting their recycling can up last week." "Neighbors with the truck for sale sure did buy a lot of water jugs from Walmart again." "That one neighbor's new highlights look like c$%#." LOL

My mother mentioned this to me earlier - she said that down in that area, people aren't incredibly nosy like they are here in NJ. They can be but it's not to the point where they've got every move their neighbors make down pat. It's not unlikely to be nosy, but not nearly as common as it is here.

My neighbor has commented several times on things happening on the block and I'm like....do you have time to watch everyone or?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress